• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Chiefs were leading in the first half 16-14, but it looks like the Bulls could run away with the game here.

It aint pretty with the simple game plan of set-piece dominance and rolling mauls, but it's effective.
31-15 to the Bulls after 55 minutes.

Also, I thought Stuart Berry was stood down for the round? The muppet is running one of the sidelines.
I am not sure how sanzar maintains a ounce of dignity or a straight face with administration like this. This is quickly becoming some sort of joke. However I dont seem to get it, as I my laughter is somewhere far away and is refusing to answer my tweets.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Try to Cruden brings the score to 34-32 to the Bulls with the kick to come! What a finish.

Big F U to the refs, playing well enough to negate the influence of the officials.

Ahahahaha and as I type, Veldsman recommends to Joubert to have a look upstairs. IS THIS REAL LIFE.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
34-34 What a game!
Bulls had it won for all money in the 60th minute but major credit to the Chiefs.

The best possible result for the Aussie conference too as the Chiefs split the points with the Bulls

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez, well that is one way to stuff up my ticker!! How the hell the Chiefs pulled that one back is certainly something worth bottling, I do like a team that just don't say die (even if I had). Few of the ABs really starting to stand up for kiwi teams at moment, Messam was huge (think he might be letting Shag know thathe not giving 6 jersey to Kaino) , thought Retallic went bloody well again, and Cruden is looking the master at 10 (well in my opinion).
As an add on, I think there will be work on trying to counter the maul at training this week!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Cheifs were dead and gone, didnt even look likely. The Bore-A-Bulls were in full automaton mode, their functions programmed and nothing likely beyond that. In their element, had Matfield back in his fiefdom, with that stupid metal-reinforced armbrace/club that no one's probably ever even asked him about.

I dunno about that rolling maul, is that back bloke's shoulder attached at all times, surely there's a truck and trailer up front of the melee somehwere. No TMO for that manouevre/chicanery.

comms Skinstadt etc played their part by painting the bulls as "heroic" and "fabulous" and the enemy as "dangerous".

TMO Veldtsman gave it a really suspect "hometown" feel too. Joubert was an indecisive anal joke, he'd go to the TMO to check if the fuckin' sun was out that day. "Can I get a ruling on that please?"

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
What an absurd game of rugby. The worst ref performance I have ever seen from Joubert who is normally in control.​
Bulls aka 3 years ago would have steamrolled that. When they put the replacements on with 20 to go I though this looks like trouble.​

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I know it not match related, but geez I have to say I enjoy the SkyRugby Show, just 3 explayers talking about rugby, not pretending to be anything more or less than that, really enjoyed hearing Kees Meuws last week when he talked briefly about scrums, and once again this week Josh Kronfield was bloody good to hear, with Goldie Wilson and Ian Jones, there is some real rugby knowledge in their discussions.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I know it not match related, but geez I have to say I enjoy the SkyRugby Show, just 3 explayers talking about rugby, not pretending to be anything more or less than that, really enjoyed hearing Kees Meuws last week when he talked briefly about scrums, and once again this week Josh Kronfield was bloody good to hear, with Goldie Wilson and Ian Jones, there is some real rugby knowledge in their discussions.

I don't think we have it here in Aussie....so piss off...LOL

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bullrush my man, I am in Aussie and watch it on youtube suggest you have a peak at TTRugby Vids NZ on you tube, generally posted there, also games etc!!

Whoops then saw Bairdy had already posted!

Thanks for the tip - watched a few of the highlights packages TTRV has put up, will have to give this show a look.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tamati Ellison is making noises about wanting to play in NZ next year. Given he's going back to Japan when Super Rugby ends & that's why NZRU wouldn't allow the Highlanders to sign him 2 years ago I can't see it happening this time around. Shame because he's never really fulfilled his potential & even at 30 it'd be nice to have him around, even if only as a reference point for the younger bunch of midfielders coming up through the ranks.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
TTRV sadly is in its nth iteration, eventually Sky or someone else demands a take down and they lose all their current videos. Last take down all the Super Rugby and a heap of international videos from the last 2 - 3 years were lost.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tamati Ellison

oh god, no, not good for my blood pressure, i wrote about him at the time of his DESERTION and almost burst both of the veins in my wanger

Tamati Ellison says "fuck the All Blacks and fuck New Zealand rugby"
- NZ Herald-

Mercenary rugby player Tamati Ellison has signed to play in fucking MELBOURNE. This just 3 seconds after the ink dried on his current cash grab contract in Japan. Yes, 5 minutes after being anointed an All Black he has immediately cashed in on that status and bolted in a mad worldwide cocksucking dash to eke out the last remaining bucks on his time-is-running-out career. By signing for Melbourne he is ineligible for the All Blacks. Even though if he makes the national team he will surely stand to be $paid$ a fuckload more than the Rebels can offer. WFT is it with this guy. In summary, what a dick.
9138334.jpg

"I flogged everything in this picture on eBay. Including the ball. Which I dropped".

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
jeez i can half see how the future might pan out for a guy like this...

Former All Black deserts from NZ Army.
- NZ Herald-

Jun 20 2030

Former All Black Tamati Ellison has deserted the NZ Army based in Afghanistan just 2 weeks after being made a ranking officer there. He has surprisingly joined an Abu Dhabi military syndicate on a "1 year contract" after an offer "too good to refuse" was put to him.

Ellison, who hardly covered himself in glory back in his rugby playing days by joining 74 different teams in the span of just 3 weeks, upping sticks every time a slightly better fucking offer was made, has had a tough time of it since retiring injured from rugby in 2014. He has churned through an astonishing 712 work contracts in the ensuing 17 years. "Technically, this is treason and he's up for the firing squad" said NZ's Minister for Justice, The Rt. Hon Dr Conrad Smith.

ellison_zps1225294d.jpg

Ellison, seen here during his 6 minutes in the All Black squad all the way back in 2000 and fuckign 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.