• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Perfect finish. The highest point score that the Blues can achieve, like the Hurricanes, is 41. The Force or Brumbies would sit ahead on the ladder if they were on 41 due to the higher number of wins.

Now all we need is for the Blues to beat the Chiefs next weekend.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Perfect finish. The highest point score that the Blues can achieve, like the Hurricanes, is 41. The Force or Brumbies would sit ahead on the ladder if they were on 41 due to the higher number of wins.

You forget the Force or Brumbies have to win first.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Not a fan either, they reckon because he played super rugby he would relate to the players.
Hasnt worked well, seems like the players just treat him like the kid who was picked 3rd to last at lunchtime and has now come back in another guise to overcompensate.

Comms wankign on about how great the Aucks pick and go was yet it was all fairly predictable and after a bit the Cantab forwards would just nick it off them. Great play Cantab forwards. And bloody Dan Carter. And the only brown man in Christchurch also presented a few challenges out on the wing.

Cantab style of game, bogged down battle of attrition up front. Must be the long grass. Or the heavy pitch. The groundsman must have watered the pitch with Canterbury water BUT NOT EVEN CANTERBURY WATER CAN SLOW DOWN FRANKLIN HALAI OH BABY HOW AWESOME WAS THAT, I HAD A BOUT 4 HEART ATTACKS OVER THE 100, FIRST AT THE CATCH , THEN AT THE 22, THEN 2 MORE AT HALFWAY AS THE PREVIOUS TWO HEARTATTACKS PILED UP ON ONE ANOTHER IN BUG-EYED SYNCOPATED ARRYTHMICAL TRIBULATION WHATEVER THAT MEANS

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not a fan either, they reckon because he played super rugby he would relate to the players. I mean, we don't want buddy old pal steve walsh best friend referees but he could certainly loosen up a bit.
For fuck sake do pricks on a forums ever stop moaning about Refs?? personally thought as a neutral he reffed game ok, and result seemed fair which is all I want from refs!! Really enjoyed a bloody good game of rugby, came to the conclusion that I don't care if a NZ team wins s15 because of home ground advantage, i would rather we had game like this between top and bottom teams in conference, as gives me impression there maybe a couple of reasonable players for ABs when tests start.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We looked way better out wide with Nadolo & Dagg back but still too lateral in midfield, those guys on the outside need a tad more room to move & BOOM try time. Also thought our forwards ran too close to the breakdown, Blues made more ground by running 2-3m out vs our 1-2, may not seem like much but it's a good arm length & that can be the diff between making the extra 2m & not.

Anyhoo, 4 comp points in the bank & a potential 5 next week (realistically 4 but you never know your luck) so happy days. #noneshallbespared

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not a good result for NZ overall, if the Bulls win, looking like only the Highlanders and Crusaders will make it.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Really enjoyed a bloody good game of rugby, came to the conclusion that I don't care if a NZ team wins s15 because of home ground advantage, i would rather we had game like this between top and bottom teams in conference, as gives me impression there maybe a couple of reasonable players for ABs when tests start.

My thoughts exactly, this season i'm trying to have a more holistic "hippie-based" outlook to matches, just enjoying the moments, the skills on offer, not spending all week crapping on about regional bias and fretting over table permutations. Almost seems like some blokes on this forum, in their desperation to see two aussie sides in the playoffs, have actually forgotten to enjoy what theyre watching

Status
Not open for further replies.