• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Edit: some fuckhead at NRL HQ has scheduled the Warriors v Eels to kick off at the same time as my lot v the Clan tomorrow. WTF is wrong with these people? It's at least the 2nd time this season, not to mention them putting the Warriors on at the same time as AB v Poms 3. May have to put my foot down & insist that the union could maybe take priority over the Loig. Let you know how that works out for me.

If you writing to NRL, may need to do it in crayon so they read it Waiopehu!:rolleyes:
Mind you if you in anyway have trouble deciding between Union and league when it comes to viewing you will get very little sympathy in this household!! Hell son has come back from Italy for a few months (also a Waiopehu Old Boy), and wednesday night we watched Poms/Indian cricket test, rather than SOO, I actually flicked over to Origin once ,but after about 90 seconds we both got bored , so back to cricket!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If you writing to NRL, may need to do it in crayon so they read it Waiopehu!:rolleyes:
Mind you if you in anyway have trouble deciding between Union and league when it comes to viewing you will get very little sympathy in this household!! Hell son has come back from Italy for a few months (also a Waiopehu Old Boy), and wednesday night we watched Poms/Indian cricket test, rather than SOO, I actually flicked over to Origin once ,but after about 90 seconds we both got bored , so back to cricket!!

Loig fan nephew has gone to his mates place to get on the drink, semi-Loig fan wife is off out to Diggers with her girl cousin (or 2 or 3 or how ever many, there being heaps of them) so I am the undisputed Champion of the Remote Control - for tonight anyway. Happy days.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clan have gotta run out've tackles soon, hopefully when they do our passes stick. Coupla tries gone begging already thru poor final pass & option, need to be more accurate & the points will come.

Edit: with all due respect to Iron Jaw, if Carters taking the kicks why is he out there? Surely you'd have Dan @ 10, Taylor @ 12, Crotty @ 13? Best config available IMO.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Clan are giving it a red hot go. Could cause an upset if they can keep their focus.

What happens to the table if the Clan win?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What happens to the table if the Clan win?

Pretty sure it implodes & forms a black hole, point of singularity being approx 5,000 metres above what's left of Christchurch. Mind you 12-3 now so black hole alert has been downgraded to 60% grey shade.

Nadolo bombs the try, Uncle Craig comes back to the head high on Crotty. Why the fuck are they not taking the 3? Better score here, guys. Todd over, try scored, genius call to not take the 3 lol. 17-3 kick to come & siren gone.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Aside from the opening 10-15min when the Highlanders had a bit more of the pill I'd say we've been pretty dominant in attack. Clan defence is very good though. We maintain this effort for the full 80 & we'll get the chocolates.

Our runners going straight just one off the breakdown have been making a lot more ground than when we go wide straight away. Probably need to show a little more patience there.

Maul try Saders!

That's HT.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ian Smith and his pro Cantab barracking annoying the shit out of me, may as well be 1 team out there, there he is sideline in his red and black scarf, analyzing their back formations, etc, etc, I swear he's going to drop a "we" in there one day, he may as well be done with it and just yell his support for them into his mic.

ps, sideline experts at the rugby, all the rest are retired high level rugby players, howFT did some cricket commentator get the gig in the first place?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So if the Clan lose, they'll be on the big silver bird to Durban? (Assuming Shorks lose tonight)

Crusaders have a better PD so unless the Shorks suddenly start playing actual rugby & win with a 4-try BP they'll finish 3rd regardless so yes the Clan are looking at another trip to the Shark Tank. Last one worked out OK iirc, maybe lightning could strike twice & they get a chance to redeem themselves for that awful performance v the 'tahs last week.

Edit: @ Dismal, better rugby brains than most thought Smithy could've been an AB had he not chosen cricket, word is he was a shit hot 5/8 back in the day before he became the rather rotund person he is today.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Getting 4 tries against the Stormers at Newlands looks a near on impossible task atm. I said earlier the Stormers are probably the form team of the competition after the Tahs. Their last 4 home games have been excellent, they also niled the Cheetahs and Bulls.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AWESOME try there!

Shit, even I thought Uncle Craig should've had a look at the final pass. Also the line Read ran in the buildup was fairly borderline IMO. Here we go again but Nadolo drops it then Todd goes into touch. Holes starting to open in Clan D, but Fekitoa making some really good tackles. Corey Flynn on, not straight lineout throw coming up in 5...4...3...

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Final warning from Uncle Craig, next naughty Crusader goes to the naughty chair. Thanks Uncle, most refs would've just sent one of us there already. Buckman in in the corner, fair reward for the Clan who haven't been as bad as 3-29 suggested. Kick misses, 8-29 & time running out if we're gonna get that 4th try.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shorks will need not only 4 tries but to win by 36+ to finish 2nd. Ain't gonna happen. Brumbies v Chiefs then Shorks v Clan next week.

OK, mission accomplished, switching to festival of hate thread, checking Warriors score along the way........
48-0 Warriors. Happy happy days now all we need is the 'that's to rack up plenty & get all " we turn up we win" on it. Can't see that happening with Cheika running the show but you never know"..............

Status
Not open for further replies.