• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Provincial Rugby - ITM Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzedder

Frank Nicholson (4)
Enzedder! Welcome.

I hope you stick around. You're kiwi rugby knowledge is a great addition.

Why thank you. More than happy to hold my end up over here, so to speak.

PB; it's a pity we have that match-up because I think any other would still see these two in the final anyway. It will be a hell of a game Saturday night - Waikato will have to get a functioning lineout or we will be behind the 8 ball from the kick off.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
PB; it's a pity we have that match-up because I think any other would still see these two in the final anyway. It will be a hell of a game Saturday night - Waikato will have to get a functioning lineout or we will be behind the 8 ball from the kick off.
Plan A : MooLoo and Wellington won, vok that will be great.
Plan B : MooLoo have to go to vok the Sheep Shaggers over again in SaderLand.

No Plan C: MooLoos will beat the Auckers!

WeePee was in the same position in the CC semis and got Plan B. Now we have to go to GuppieTown and beat them in the final.

Biiiiiiigggggg weekend coming up.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yup, it's time for the Mooloo Men to go 2hrs up the motorway and root the Latte Sippers in their own house. Can't bloody wait. Didn't expect to see Waikato where they are this year, thought we might be a bit undergunned, but the lads have done bloody well.

Mooloo Ole Ole Ole, Mooloo, Ole...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Mooloo Ole Ole Ole, Mooloo, Ole...
Skorsie are you going Boet?

Must be tense with all the Aucks over in the exiled place? Times like this when I missing them. When Waikato hits form they are usually a difficult breed specially away in this knock out matches.

Wanted to watch the game live but the laaitie brought a briefie yesterday after school, he'll play for Boland Central a cricket match. Just hope they finish before the CC final starts.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
That is the ideal outcome - and one of my good mates who supports Welly lives in Hamilton too, so it will be a good time!

Enzedder

Frank Nicholson (4)
Half time in the first final and Canterbury lead Wellington 34-26 at half time. festival rugby, not the dour defensive stuff one would expect in a knock-out game.
Poor defence rather than brilliant attack is my opinion.

Enzedder

Frank Nicholson (4)
12 minutes to go. Cantabs still ahead 43 - 34.

Oops, no. 18 year old Thomas Perenara scores for Wgtn. Game on.

Enzedder

Frank Nicholson (4)
Canterbury score in the last few minutes. Chiefs bound Isaac Ross finally manages to hang onto the ball from a lineout and it's all over.

50 to 41. 3 minutes to go.

Enzedder

Frank Nicholson (4)
57 - 41 final score. Wellington go over at the end but ref calls Tialata for a "double movement" - I think he means didn't release immediately. Either way, the Darkness will host the final.

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
Yes. I thought he played OK as well. Scored a well worked try from a rehearsed move.

Apparently the 10 was a schoolboy last year.

There is talk about the relatively youthful age of the wellington 9/10 combination somewhere else on the forums.

How was the final score? 50 something to 40 something. A bit like some of the Super 12 scores of old.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well I thought he was just about the best on the field. Wow he's gunna be good, doesn't lack size either

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Oh my ray of sunshine Waikato. Beat the latte sipping poofs in the last seconds to go through and will play the Sheep Shaggers next Friday.

Cyril Towers (30)
Oh my ray of sunshine Waikato. Beat the latte sipping poofs in the last seconds to go through and will play the Sheep Shaggers next Friday.

Great game of footy that one. The thing I really like about the ITM Cup is the lack of a "gentleman's agreement" at the breakdown. It's always a contest and a feirce one at that. And players like Jack Lam have a bloody field day.

Status
Not open for further replies.