• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Super 15 Teams 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Dagg at centre is potentially mouth-watering, although it would probably take away a big part of his kicking game. His running game is pretty well suited to 13 though, especially in this situation, because Marshall deserves a chance at 15 in pre season.

If Dominic Bird can perform like he did in the NPC last year, he could be the breakout forward of the S15 this year.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
On the superficial side of things, Adidas have done a good job with the NZ jerseys.........

And now all of the teams are finally rid of that awful grey away strip:

3431_16572_3390.jpg
3432_16579_3391.jpg

3434_16598_3392.jpg
3435_16605_3393.jpg

3438_16632_3396.jpg
3439_16639_3398.jpg

3440_16646_3399.jpg
3441_16653_3400.jpg

3436_16612_3394.jpg
3437_16625_3395.jpg

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Love the Blues and Chiefs home jerseys!

Highlanders are a bit naff.

Yeah, listing the regions the team represents is a bit bloody uncreative. Could have used some nice symbolism at least. Don't even get started on the away...

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
The green Highlanders one looks alright, but they should've stuck with the maroon Southland style one they used to wear.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All of a sudden the AB backline is looking a little shaky (still plenty of depth)

Kahui, SBW, Ellison, Jane, Guildford all gone.

M

Muttonbird

On the superficial side of things, Adidas have done a good job with the NZ jerseys...

And now all of the teams are finally rid of that awful grey away strip:

3431_16572_3390.jpg

They are good. Particularly like the Blues' home strip. Not because I live here but the Rangitoto and Waitemata design is well done.

I also bank with the BNZ but I hate them.

M

Muttonbird

A real shame, he was always a powerhouse when he wasn't injured.
Agreed, but the shoulder is still going to cause problems wherever he plays. Also, Conrad Smith had a bad run of injuries but has come right in the last 3 seasons. It can be done.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Except the great Richie McCaw won't play in next years Super Rugby tournament. He's on sabbatical.

Aside from that I agree. They seem to have an endless supply of talent.

My 33 year-old daughter had her photo taken with "Sir Richie" tonight when they both turned up at the same venue for dinner ("somewhere in Canada")!! Richie told her he was having a "6 months break from rugby"!

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Love the promotions that Adidas do with NZ rugby. If only they supplied kit to the Wallabies and Tahs.:)

The NZ Super Rugby jerseys looks pretty good, except perhaps for the Highlanders away jersey.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Getting pretty excited with NZ and SA conferences coming into comp this week. A bit gutted that Ardie Savea for Canes has been suspended for 4 weeks for tip tackle ( but thats the way it goes), as I was really looking forward to seeing how this boy would step up to next level, he's a mouthwatering prospect in my opinion. I must admit early season I love to see how all the young fellas in first year at this level are handling themselves, then after a few weeks I just settle into who's winning and losing a bit more.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Harlequin squares style Auckland Blues Jumper that they are wearing tonight looks pretty nice.

They are playing with confidence this year. It has been said when Auckland rugby is strong, New Zealand Rugby is strong.

This doesn't auger well for us, cause even when Auckland rugby has been poor in recent years, the Darkness have still towelled us up in the Bleds.:eek:

Edit.

These Jaffas are looking very good. 5 tries to zip against the 'Saders with 4 minutes to go. Impressive indeed, on the back of touching up the 'Canes last week.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Agreed about the Blues jersey, they look fantastic. Nice big crowd over there too, they said about 31-32k.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
+1 for the jersey. I tend to like the harlequin design. At least it's something different and stood out. For a good cause too. Besides, if you play like the Blues did tonight you can look good in anything.

So much talent in that back line, scary. Crusaders haven't changed, same stuff, will win them their usual quota of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.