• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Obl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Not sure if this is politics or not.

No doubt I'll get laughed at as a conspiracy theorist, but:

1. That picture is photoshopped from an earlier picture of OBL and a dead guy.

2. Very strange that US Forces are anxious to bury OBL at sea according to Muslim practice.

So, unless something else emerges, do the US Forces really want me to believe that they killed OBL, disposed of the body, and didn't take a picture at any point?

If no real photo emerges, then no, they did not kill him today.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i think its more they want to sell the scene of him being a coward hiding behind a human shield including women while getting others to do his dirty work.

not playing golf like george bush or hosting a gala at the white house and cracking jokes like obama was when the men doing there dirty work killed him.

he is a myth and by not parading his body they feel there somehow morally superior.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I don't think they have to. It might satisfy some, but then there will be others who will say "this photo has been doctored" or something along those lines.

It's a strange thing in modern life that people refuse to change their minds even when the cards are laid out in front of them. I'm not saying Osama's death has been out and out proven, but the argument still relates.

His death will have few real consequences, anyway.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Love a good conspiracy theory Scarfie

The ol' fly in unannounced, slaughter a guy, take his body and dump it at sea routine (first seen on Get Smart) is to ensure no shrine left isn't it?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Guys, just to be specific. That is not a photo of OBL killed today. It is a photoshop of a dead person + OBL from about 15 years ago. That is beyond question.

OK, that doesn't mean US Forces didn't kill him today, it just means that someone has released a faked photo. I would like to see a real one.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah the sea burial is very smart, ensures there will be no shenanigans at his grave.

If it is faked, Scarfy, why has it taken them ten years to do it? Surely if it were that easy it would have been done on September 12, 2001.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
It's a strange thing in modern life that people refuse to change their minds even when the cards are laid out in front of them.

Try telling QLDers that Cooper needs to learn to tackle.

But seriously, if your comment is directed at me, you are underestimating me by a fair bit.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I think the photo was released by Pakistani news agency. I'm not claiming that the US faked the photo, just that there is no real photo of a dead OBL. Indeed, it is very weak attempt.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Just to give your craziness some credence Scarfie, the US has released photos of Usay Hussain etc after hits, so you'd expect them to have the photos for sure.

Having said that, it sure would create a big red flag out there to all the true crazies of the blowing shit up type if a genuine photo does get released.

If/when one does, look for the bullet hole between the eyes from point blank. No way on earth he was coming back alive

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Surely it is just trying to minimse the collateral damage that will come from this. If they appear to have treated him fairly in death it might stop a few of those suicide bombers setting themselves off in crowded market places.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Oh, and I haven't even got an OBL SMS joke yet, bit slower than normal, I got a Steve Irwin one within 30 minutes.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Why would they announce it now then Scarf? If it is a bare-faced lie then surely it would be far better to Obama to announce it in a year in the run-up to the election?

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Guys, just to be specific. That is not a photo of OBL killed today. It is a photoshop of a dead person + OBL from about 15 years ago. That is beyond question.

OK, that doesn't mean US Forces didn't kill him today, it just means that someone has released a faked photo. I would like to see a real one.

Agree! The US govt is not claiming it is a current photo and it has been acknowledged in the press as an old fake photo. Yes, seeing is believing but do you really think Obama would risk losing total creditibility if say WikiLeaks revealed his death was faked? Not IMO. Scarfie, do you also think Obama faked his birth certificate? :)

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Try telling QLDers that Cooper needs to learn to tackle.

But seriously, if your comment is directed at me, you are underestimating me by a fair bit.

Nah, wasn't directed at you. Even if it was, it would only be with regards to this topic.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Has anyone ever seen Obama and Osama in the same room at the same time? I smell a conspiracy!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah it's odd that Osama is officially dead in the week we find out Obama was officially born...

Status
Not open for further replies.