• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Obl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Proof that OBL is not dead. His latest video:

[video=youtube;XVVvdC7lV2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVvdC7lV2c[/video]

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Make your own minds up. Personally think it's suss, timing could be for the Democrats to win 2012.

I'm sure that'll be on everyones mind, but the timing of it is just a bit odd for a conspiracy to really be held up. If the democrats wanted this to impact the 2012 election I would have thought that they would have "released" everything later, especially a month or two before Sept 11.

But in regards to getting out of Afghanistan, killing Osama doesn't mean they automatically get out of there. Theres still plenty of guys who worship everything Osama taught / still willing to die. So, there is still work to be done to "mop" it all up. Look at Iraq, Suddam was hung years ago (the video was leaked so Im sure Osama's death video/picture will be leaked) and shit is still going on there.

Regarding the burial at sea - From what I've read/heard it was done to ensure that his place of burial wont be a shrine, which is fair enough. When I went to see Jim Morrison's grave, it was fenced off because people were having sex, smoking pot etc on it. There are some crazy people out there, so I understand the reasoning. However, I do agree the timing is a bit odd, perhaps it was to ensure the ship/aircraft/personal weren't put in jeopardy by some extremists wanting his body/revenge?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I just think that if they wanted to fake OBL's death they would have done it years ago. You don't think George Bush wouldn't have given his right nut to knock him off in the lead up to the 2004 election? Or during his second term where his approval rate was in the 20s and 30s? And if Obama wanted to fake it it would suit him FAR more to do it in May 2012 than in May 2011.

That is one of the main reasons I think it is legit.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I'm staggered at the faith that some people have in the honesty of the US military. It just proves my point about Wikileaks I guess.

I'm happy to believe that the OBL-killing is real, would just like as few signs of bullshit and story-changing as possible.

Even though we are at different ends of the political spectrum, I am with you in doubting what governments tell us. Particularly US ones. I would also question why they didn't release vision straight away.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
barbarian - the reason his killing would be faked is that he might already be dead.

How about this: US gets a big tip-off that OBL is hiding in Abbottabad. US Forces break every known rule in the book, make an attack within Pakistani sovereignty without telling them, then come up with ... nothing. Not a good look.

It's just a speculation, but without evidence, I'm going to find it impossible to accept the word of the US govt.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Why would we only hear about it now if it had happened earlier? America needs an enemy. War stimulates the economy. Governments want to spread fear. It keeps their subjects subdued. It allows all sorts of things to be justified. It creates jobs. America needs a big symbolic enemy to keep pointing at. Lots of people in high places in America are multi millionaires because of war.

Obama needs to deliver on an election promise. He hasn't until now.

Conspiracy theories? Sure. Believe everything America politicians and CNN tells us? That's for everyone to decide for themselves.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
There's a bigger conspiracy on our hands. This footage is clearly doctored.

[video=youtube;fH0G4YlaQOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0G4YlaQOw&feature=feedu[/video]

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
What picture would be accepted? - hardly anyone has seen him for years, he may have been shot in the face, etc, he may be unrecognisable.

I agree with being skeptical of the US government, but I think faking his death would be far too large a gamble for Obama - it would inevitably leak out sooner or later, and it would be terminal for his re-election chances, let alone US standing in the rest of the world.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Why would we only hear about it now if it had happened earlier? America needs an enemy. War stimulates the economy. Governments want to spread fear. It keeps their subjects subdued. It allows all sorts of things to be justified. It creates jobs. America needs a big symbolic enemy to keep pointing at. Lots of people in high places in America are multi millionaires because of war.

Obama needs to deliver on an election promise. He hasn't until now.

Conspiracy theories? Sure. Believe everything America politicians and CNN tells us? That's for everyone to decide for themselves.

Thats a big stretch Blue. It also gives Al Quaeda ammunition to discredit the US Government and miltary at any time they choose if they come out and say OBL actually died from a car accident in 2001 while picking up a loaf of bread and that the US have wasted their money (and lives) for 10 years and have just lied to the whole world. In any event, OBL's death right now won't end the war(s).

I haven't seen anyone here saying that any governement tells the truth 100% of the time, let alone the US government. This angle seems to be off topic to me.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I know it is, but admit it's a good one :) Only possible in countries that are warmongers....oh wait ;)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
There's a bigger conspiracy on our hands. This footage is clearly doctored.

[video=youtube;fH0G4YlaQOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0G4YlaQOw&feature=feedu[/video]

Ritchie was clearly wronged here.....McCalman should have been penalised!!

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Flaw with him not being dead is his form for making videos and voice recordings. If he's still around expect a video on Al Jazeera shortly.

Would sorta piss on the party wouldn't it?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Gags, that's one of the biggest pieces of evidence for the conspiracy theorists. He was pumping out the recordings - audio as well as video - prior to 2001, then after that, just 2 videos in 10 years, both of which are of doubtful authenticity, including the confession tape (both of which the US claims to be him).

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
The world according to Scarf:

- chance that OBL was already dead ... 30%
- chance that OBL is the mastermind behind 9/11 ... 70%
- chance that Al Qa'ida is a proper organisation and not just an idea ... 20%
- chance that the US Govt is lying about its reasons for doing things thus causing me to try to figure out what is really happening ... 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.