• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Other June Tests 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Arguably got the best halfback in the world on form.

9. Kahn Fotualii
10. Tusi Pisi
11. Alesana Tuilagi
12. Johnny Leota
13. George Pisi
14. Alapati Leiua
15. Paul Williams

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If I heard correctly during the Barbars v Soap Dodgers, Fotualii will be at #9 for the Honkers match between Barbars and BIL.

Last night the Barbars backs looked very disorganised, and Fotualii may add the urgency and organisation that was lacking.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
When Genia was injured a lot of the reports from Europe was that Fotualii was the best halfback in the world.

He might have a bit of the Parisse-Syndrome, in that if he played for one of the top 5 nations in the world then he was would be held in a higher regard than he is.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Ireland team to play the USA announced:

Henshaw, McFadden, Cave, Olding, Zebo, Mad Dog, Boss, POM, Henry, Henderson, Toner, McCarthy, Ross, Strauss, Kilcoyne

Subs: Sherry, Court, Hagan, Tuohy, TOD, Marshall, Jackson, Jones

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Pacific Nations Cup Results from midweek
Canada 20 - Fiji 18 in Ottawa

Canada face Tonga in Kingston on Saturday and USA plays Tonga in LA (great game to play in LA with all the polynesians) the following week.

Standings

TeamWDLPTS
Canada 2 0 0 8
Fiji 1 0 1 6
Tonga 1 0 0 5
USA 0 0 1 1
Japan 0 0 2 0

LoneStar

Stan Wickham (3)
Canada got a good win over Tonga, 36 - 27. They've now got one hand on the Pacific Nations Cup.

Springboks hammered Italy 44 - 10.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
as above, canada threw down the gauntlet in the second half and scored some great tries.
full replay available here
http://www.rugbycanada.ca/leagues/newsletter.cfm?clientID=3817&leagueID=0&page=70670

rebels prop eddie aholelei (sp?) sent off with a straight red for what sounds like a big punch on former Stormer and current london irish backrower Jebb Sinclair.

on the back of some great XV and 7's performances Jeff Hassler and Tyler Ardron have signed with the Ospreys for next year.

with nathan hiryama and sean duke amongst others, our backline has some serious bite at the moment. still doesn't include DTH and Conor Trainor who i believe will be back for next weeks game against Ireland in Toronto. Rugby canada expecting 20,000 - 25,000 in attendance for that.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
and yes. as above we have all but won the PNC (Pacific Nations Cup) in our first year which is great news. quick turnaround for the Japan game after the Ireland game, but we should win that and go undefeated.
our 7s success and the Canadian Rugby Championships, America's Rugby Championship are having a big impact on our XV team.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
How good is to see firstly Samoa winning again, secondly see Japan almost beat Wales (irregardless of the teams strength), and also see Canada do so well over their more fancied islander rivals.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Ireland beat USA 15 - 12 in Houston in front of 21,000 at BBVA Compass Stadium (a great stadium in downtown Houston that houses the Dynamo of the MLS).
sounds like the US had a few good chances to win it, but a yellow card to todd clever didn't help.
ireland sounding primed for Canada to get a win next weekend.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
England have beaten Argentina 32 - 3
Half-time: 3 - 25

Tries: Morgan, Strettle, Twelvetrees, Vunipola

And Romania have beaten Russia 30 - 20 in a Iron Curtain Cup match

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How good is to see firstly Samoa winning again, secondly see Japan almost beat Wales (irregardless of the teams strength), and also see Canada do so well over their more fancied islander rivals.

How is that good? We can't beat Scotland or Samoa. Both outfits have the wood on us from the most recent clashes with the Men in Gold.

Samoa beating Scotland just increases the pressure on us.:)

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Not sure Samoa beating Scotland is a shock, they are about 4 or 5 places above them on the rankings and Scotlands good player is in Australia

Haven't watched the Ireland game yet, hopefully I'll catch the highlights so I can comment some more on it. Joe Schmidt will be with the players in Canada and is taking control a game early, will be interesting to see what kind of effect he can have

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Not sure Samoa beating Scotland is a shock, they are about 4 or 5 places above them on the rankings and Scotlands good player is in Australia

Haven't watched the Ireland game yet, hopefully I'll catch the highlights so I can comment some more on it. Joe Schmidt will be with the players in Canada and is taking control a game early, will be interesting to see what kind of effect he can have
Correction. Scotland chose a inexperienced squad. Not many Scots on Lions duty

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

Don't. Pestrana ruined the game, again. I don't like harping about referee performances but he was Grade-A shit in this match yet again. Blatantly encouraging negative rugby and illegal ball-slowing tactics, turned the scrums into a complete lottery (by lottery I mean the Irish could do no wrong and the USA could do nothing right..even when the Irish pulled back after the engage the USA got whistled), completely missed or completely ignored a USA player getting taken out in the air. He also seemed to forget his ARs existed for most of the match.

I really have little to nothing invested in whether the Eagles win or lose but Pestrana's performance on the night was abysmal and severely altered the product offered.

tacklerusavire2013.jpg

No penalty, no yellow card. Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.