• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Other June Tests 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStar

Stan Wickham (3)
How good did Tusi Pisi look in those highlights
He was exceptional, close to man of the match. MOTM was given to Ole Avei though, who has grown leaps and bounds as a player since leaving the Reds all those years ago.

Not sure if anyone remembers Brando Va'aulu, but he now plays for Samoa too. I thought he looked good as the starting fullback, scored a nice try at the end.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watched the France/NZ highlights, and unless mine eyes deceived me, the French hooker was calling the lineouts. When I played hooker at uni I had to call and it was a pain in the arse because you really want to be focusing on the throw. Can anyone confirm if this was the case throughout the match, and if so, when is the last time you can recall a hooker calling at int'l or even provincial level?

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Watched the France/NZ highlights, and unless mine eyes deceived me, the French hooker was calling the lineouts. When I played hooker at uni I had to call and it was a pain in the arse because you really want to be focusing on the throw. Can anyone confirm if this was the case throughout the match, and if so, when is the last time you can recall a hooker calling at int'l or even provincial level?

Might be wrong but I have a hunch Keven Mealamu has done so at times for the Blues, mainly during Ali Williams' injuries over the past several years.

LoneStar

Stan Wickham (3)
Canada probably can't win the PNC (Pacific Nations Cup) now.

Fiji vs Tonga is basically the final. Whoever wins that, wins the title.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Canada played great in the first half but fell away in the second. Very tough week. Ireland in Toronto Saturday night and then a flight to Japan for a Wednesday game. That's a big trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.