• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Other June Tests 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The referring of the scrums was so bad it was funny, during some of them you could hear Isaac Boss directing the ref on what to call.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Ireland team to take on the Canucks announced

IRELAND: F Jones; F McFadden, D Cave, J Downey, A Trimble; I Madigan, I Boss; T Court, R Strauss, M Ross; D Tuohy, D Toner; K McLaughlin, T O’Donnell, P O’Mahony (capt). Replacements: S Cronin, D Kilcoyne, D Fitzpatrick, M McCarthy, C Henry, P Marshall, P Jackson, R Henshaw.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Congrats to James Downey on making his Ireland debut at 32. I think under a different coach he would have hit double figures for cap over the last 5 years. Especially when D'Arcy was in terrible form and there were no standout options playing in Ireland, at the same time he was playing really well in the Premiership.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Seeing they fell in the pool you'd presume they did it all in one take or they've got a lot of spare clothes. Awesome.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Oh shit Japan beat Wales 23-8 today.

Second string team or not, that is a major feat for Japan.

I was at the game today. It was packed. 25,000 fans who were very enthusiastic if not so knowledgeable. Game was really exciting, so much so that there was none of the usual looking over the wall at the score of the baseball game next door.

It really was a very hot day today and probably very difficult for the Welsh boys. We're in the middle of the rainy season and today was the only sunny day we've had this week.

There were water breaks in both halves, but Japan benefited as much as Wales. Looking at my girlfriend and the crowd around us the locals were suffering with the heat and humidity just as much as the Welsh boys.

There was a few times I thought that Wales would exploit the fact that Japan had a very narrow defensive line and also committing a lot more players to the breakdown. But either poor handling from the Welsh or timely turnovers and intervention from the Japanese meant they couldn't exploit the space out wide.

Overall Japan were excellent and were very good value for this historic win. It was great to see that afterwards the players stayed out for at least 30-40 minutes signing autographs and about 3-4,000 people stayed behind for that long.

It's strange but also great to see Japanese people get so excited about what is a minor sport over here. There were plenty of kids running around with signed rugby balls after the game, who could be the future for Japanese Rugby. Plus the bars were really buzzing after the game.

It was also nice to see that they brought a group of kids from the Tohoku prefecture (area badly affected by the 2011 earthquake) out after the game and they did a lap of honour.

R

rus

Russia 19-27 Italy A on IRB Nations Cup in Romania
Not bad results if see on squards, many Italians play in Celtic League, 100% our squard in Russian League. And play only 3 players from 1 squard (Temnov, Kushnarev and Makovetsky). Rus Union not called Russians from foreighn league (Ostrikov and Kulemin from Sale, Artemyev from Northampton, Sergeev and Rachkov from France Federal, ex-Rebels Byrnes injured, but come to Bucarest from Australia to support team!) and several players (Gresev, Ostroushko, Simplikevich, Yanyushkin, Klyuchnikov.... go to Russia Sevens).

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Wish Argentina didn't field their 3rd-string XV because the POM punters seem to think this means they are definitely winning the next RWC. :rolleyes:

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Wish Argentina didn't field their 3rd-string XV because the POM punters seem to think this means they are definitely winning the next RWC. :rolleyes:

Sure isn't Marlon Yarde rugbys premier winger?

Ireland are 12-9 up just before half time, McFadden and Trimble tries one converted by Mad Dog.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Although Kiss was only the interim coach it's good to hear him talk about attacking intent, especially since he's being retained on the coaching staff. Also great to see Fergus McFadden got a hat-trick, probably one of the most under rated of the new batch of backs coming through for Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.