• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Oz U20 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
NTA said:
And our backs have forgotten how to tackle.

It's at an embarrassing level.

Forwards are excellent though. McDouling and Fitzpatrick especially

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Scrum looks OK too which is something we can't always claim in junior rugby.

The Kiwi technique at the breakdown is superb - they're in numbers and low.

TITS FOR HANDS NICK WHITE!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Haylet-Petty isn't covering those little chip-kicks at all well.

And where was the chase for that quick lineout to be stopped? Bollocks.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Points victory to our scrum, then they give it straight back up ::)

Well, that's it, we're fuct.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The ref got that wrong: the 8th man had unbound from the scrum, therefore White couldn't be offside.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And its all over - 5 minutes by the Baby Blacks and two very lucky bounces puts us out. I hate losing, especially like that.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
this really makes me think leaving James O'C should have gone.
think he and the whole team would have been better off in the long run.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Am very disappointed in our guys; especially the right hand side defence. O'Connor, Beale and Horne may have made a difference but we'll never know.

Well done Kiwis - too good, again - but there was some good hard work by the Oz forwards, and good set pieces..

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Kiwis played much better field position and dominated the breakdown. Their fullback was impressive as was the Daniel Braid lookalike who must be his brother. In fact, the Black backrow was very good.

We never really looked in the game to be honest. Poor decision making was our biggest problem. Too much running when we should have kicked in the first half and kicking when we should have run in the second. Swanepoel mixed the sublime with the stupid, Fitzpatrick looked decent and the scrum went well but, apart from that they all looked as though they were waiting for someone else to do something.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Shees our centres were poor. Their tackling was so soft.

I know we missed KB (Kurtley Beale), Rob and JOC (James O'Connor) but we looked rather one dimensional.

The kiwi fullback. My word. Another Cullen?

Thought Shaw was decent. Didn't see Schatz. Fitzpatrick is mobile but his throws were inconsistent and looks more J Paul than M Foley.

What a bloody disapointment.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Well, that was a major disappointment. Injuries to Horne and Beale and the unavailability of O'Connor cruelled OZ chances and I don't think the soft lead up wins helped but the cattle on the field should have done better.

Kingi's decision to kick ahead when tackled in sight of the tryline, and his further decision to take a quick tap at the expense of a shot at goal just before halftime were poor and cost a potential 10 points and important momentum. Strong and capable litlle bugger but thought he overplayed his hand a little. To'omua's kicking game was appropriate when the game was tight but his unwillingness to go to a running game when well behind was not smart. Why wasn't he kicking at goal? The centres looked pedestrian against their opposition and missed a few tackles. DHP did a few good things, can't blame him for the unlucky bounce, and the wingers didn't get much of a look in. The backs looked badly in need of some attacking x factor which the unavailable three would have provided.

Thought the forwards were good, particularly in the set piece and strong games from Latinipulu, Shaw and McDuling. Some good mobility from Anae as well.

The NZ 15 Robinsonwas outstanding. I remember him as a 12 for their schoolboys in 07 and he was good then. We will see more of him. Haven't seen the 12 before but he was also good as were the wingers and loosies. NZ thoroughly deserved their win.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Very good point about Kingi overplaying his hand. He did indeed. Can do that v Canada, but not the small blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.