• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Players to watch in 2014 - The Goal of the NRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
I was saying last year that Eastwood 13 Michael McDougall should get a shot at higher honours. He is a good dependable player, plenty of size and a fair bit of speed. Will hopefully make it for the Rams.

As well as Pat Sio, although he could potentially be going to Canberra and could learn a lot from Fotu Auleua about how to use size.

Other SS player's i've been impressed by. Porecki before he was injured, Harry Jones is just killing it on the wing for Warringah, how he isn't playing under 20's at the moment im not sure. Horwitz will hopefully get a starting gig for one of the sydney teams, same as Volavola. I also expect Holloway to have a big NRC. One Parra player i was really impressed with when i last saw them play was Olmstead the second-rower apprently he is Canadian so will be playing for them in the WC next year but he looked like a decent player. And then the outside centre for Norths earlier in the year atleast impressed me as well.

Im so keen for this to kick off to see what the talent in the other states. From the current under 20's I hope Allatoa (sp?) gets some game time, as well as Kellaway and the Perry the number 7.

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey Fowi , Dave Porecki is back from a couple of weeks off , I can only mention players to watch that I seen play so far this year. Dave Porecki , Mitch Lewis , and Harry Bergelin all about the same age and have been outstanding for marlins. I seen Harry Jones from the Rats and he is star in the making.Lets hope they get a start in the NRC some where this year.

Thebank2014

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'll start with one. Henry Taefu.

He played 12 for Aust U20's this year after returning to rugby in 2012 and performing well in the Sunnybank Premier team.

He spent some time with Parra and the Broncos in the League U20's comp after leaving school.

He had a shoulder op on his return from the JRWC and a tumour was discovered and removed. He has had a good off season and will be back to full fitness by Feb next year.

He will be 21 in 2014 and would be well worth a look at in the NRC.

he has had an outstanding season already. hopefully an NRC team pick him up

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Henry seems to be getting better and better each week. Deserves a shot at a higher level.

T

TOCC

Well the seasons well and truly over..

How did the predictions for 'players to watch' go?

T

TOCC

From the QLD premier comp I think these 3-5 players from each club could come into to their own:

Easts: Michael Gunn, Jonah Placid, UJ Suetini, Toby White, Pettowa Paraka
GPS: Phil Kite, Samu Kerevi, Sam Grasso
Norths: Veresa Mataitini, Brett Goodin, Tonga Maafu, Sebastian Felipe
Brothers: Lachlan Creighton, Michael Bond, Ryan Schultz
Sunnybank: Henry Taefu, Nigel Ah Wong, Ryan Tongia, Maile Ngauamo, Rex Tapuai
Uni: Curtis Browning, JJ Taulagi, Adam Korczyk, Connor Mitchell
Wests: Sam Greene, Brett Gillespie, Waita Setu
Souths: Andrew muirhead, Gerard O'Hare, Dom Lespierre
Gold Coast: Martin Collins, Luke Evans

Thoughts?? Anyone I have missed?

I think this was a pretty dam good prediction for the QLD contingent..

Status
Not open for further replies.