• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pom Vs Wallabies

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Gagger I am absolutely gagging for this game. Picking up my two tickets from the team hotel tonight and I am quite literally buzzing at work today. Its also happens to be my last day at work in the UK so that is adding to the excitement/tension.

If we win I think I might have to come back in and pick up a piece of paper that I forgot. If we lose I will not be showing my face anywhere.

Like you I have a fair bit of doubt about the team but I am crossing fingers toes and anything else that the boys can produce what is required. Having spoken to a couple of the boys this week they are ceartainly excited about playing at HQ and as you would expect are talking a good game. Lets hope they produce it on Saturday and I can say farewell in style.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Amen brother!

Just had a Macbook Air arrive at the office for me as well. Now farting uncontrollably with excitement.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Good luck boys, do the rest of the world a huge favor and smash em.
Oh and if its not asking too much injure a couple of them as well

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So who's sitting up to watch this (excluding you UK / Ireland types)? Can't decide whether it's worth taking the chance, or just getting a good sleep and then deciding whether to watch the recording? :nta: Soft, I know, but a good sleep is mighty tempting...
I have a sense of foreboding about the result.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm not staying up. Its hard enough getting sleep around here with two kids under 5! I'll watch a replay some time tomorrow when I'm allowed :) But will check the result asap - knowledge of the result usually affects the manner in which I watch the replay e.g. a win will be a gleeful chuckling as I watch the whole thing frame-by-frame as we destroy the dirty Poms/Kiwis/Saffers/whomever while a loss will generally be a watch-on-fast-forward job :)

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
cyclopath said:
So who's sitting up to watch this (excluding you UK / Ireland types)? Can't decide whether it's worth taking the chance, or just getting a good sleep and then deciding whether to watch the recording?

Anybody who doesn't stay up is softer than the Wallabies in Marseilles. I fully expect the Wallabies to make history. Nothing is more enjoyable than seeing the Poms humbled.

R

rugbywhisperer

The game isn't even being shown live in Qld by 10 - is it the same in other states???
No happy Jan

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Live in NSW. I understand that WA is on a 2 hr delay...

Halftime. Aus 12 leading England 11. England scored the only try of the half and would be ahead by more if not for Cipriani missing a couple with the boot.

I reckon we'll lose this.

R

rugbywhisperer

So can someone explain why we in Queensland are being raped by the free to air - again

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm up. And loving it. I will regret it tomorrow with the kids, but THIS is test match rugby.

Awesome.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
I won't spoil it by revealing the scoreline. I will just say it is worth it to watch the Wallaby scrum demolish the Poms.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Fantastic play by all Wallabies so far. We are being let down by th play of our fullback though. And arguably our out centre.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) should be 13 and anyone else fullback.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tune and Woods giving the performance a bit of a pasting. Harsh. I reckon its a fantastically intense, high energy, test match.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

FUCK YEAH!!!

One of the best games in recent memory- brutally physical yet incredibly skillful. Our boys showed so much tenacity, and Deans made no subs at all (with the exception of the injured Brown). Who cares what Woods and Tune say, it was top notch footy. The scrum was brutal! The demons of 2005 are well and truly exorcised!!

Anyway, I am going to bed a very happy man. I knew Al Baxter had it in him somewhere...

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I wont reveal the score either, but Al Baxter, Stephen Moore and Ben Robinson spent a fair bit of time in the kitchen and baked up a big batch of humble pie for Ackford et al.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
It wasn't a great win. England beat themselves more than we beat them. Strange to see the Wallabies relying on quality set piece work, our re-starts particularly good, and tactical kicking. Stranger still to see England keeping the ball in hand and recycling possession albeit they resorted to the drop goal once when they had us on the ropes.

Nathan Sharpe was immense. Chisholm and McMenimen finally stood up and played with authority. Palu off the bench left no doubt as to who the best no8 in Australia is. The most delicious surprise was our scrum serving it up to the Poms with relish. Sheridan folded. The crowd bewildered at first, then stunned as the reality of a superior Wallaby scrum unfolded before their eyes.

There's plenty still to do. We were too casual and lackadaisical. Our pack was too one out whereas England's eight worked together as a unit in general play. We repeatedly were isolated at the breakdown and our halfback was forced to be an extra flanker. Only Mortlock was able to penetrate the defence, the only back to run straight and hard.

But the character, the attitude of the team looks to have turned a corner and our Wallabies have developed belief and confidence in themselves.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
What was also impressive was the Aus front row did it of 80 minutes. No bench required

Status
Not open for further replies.