• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Poor old Rattlebones

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
Lol yes Hansie Cronje. I'm being full of shit. Died in a plane crash years after cheating like a bastard with an Indian bookie
Thats one I'l never forget. Took me a long time to get over it and havent watch much cricket since he pleaded guilty. Jessie if there was one person I believed in it was Hansie. Still think there are plenty similiar going on in the world of cricket, however I dont want to even think about it.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
PaarlBok said:
Blue said:
Lol yes Hansie Cronje. I'm being full of shit. Died in a plane crash years after cheating like a bastard with an Indian bookie
Thats one I'l never forget. Took me a long time to get over it and havent watch much cricket since he pleaded guilty. Jessie if there was one person I believed in it was Hansie. Still think there are plenty similiar going on in the world of cricket, however I dont want to even think about it.

Its sad but true PB. Not just cricket either :-\

S

Spook

PaarlBok said:
Ok, OK, OK I'll take this one on the chin. RattleBones aint that bad and sorry if I upset you lot specially Spokie. Thing is with RattleBones is that he made up his mind but maybe did it a bit the KP way and that bit upset us.

So sorry if he open up some wounds here, do have to show respect to the Xpats like Blue living in the land of milk and honey (my son did the same and living in Wimbledon), and I have to suffer this side.

Good luck to him and just maybe he'll return one day alhoewel Durban is a bit weird for us Boere lot. :nta:

Ahh man, don't be saying stuff like that :(

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Nah working as a barman and living with some Aussie mates. They had holiday yesterday and sunday night vrekken 20 to 30 Poms got in a bar brawl. He and the manager had to work them out in the street. He said he cant help himself telling the Poms, Julle is vokken dose! The main fighter stop immediately and want to know the meaning and after he told them he just walk out. :lmao: Boer Taal do the trick for him!

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
The rugby career of former ACT Brumbies and Wallabies winger Clyde Rathbone is over.

Rathbone confirmed yesterday he had played his last game of professional rugby, citing injuries and a declining desire as the main reasons behind his decision.

The 28-year-old came off contract with the Brumbies at the end of last season and fielded offers from the Western Force and multiple overseas clubs for 2010 and beyond.

But the terms largely the time frame of those deals did not suit Rathbone, who only wanted to sign for one season.

Convincing him he had made the correct decision was the fact he suffered five fractures to his eye socket and upper cheek in a collision playing for Uni-Norths Owls in the John I Dent Cup on Saturday.

He is expected to have surgery later this week.

Rathbone said his long-term health was also behind his decision.

He retires with 52 Super rugby caps for the Brumbies and 26 Tests for the Wallabies.

''I've decided to hang up the boots, it's all over,'' Rathbone said.

''I need to look after my long-term health and when I couldn't agree with any of the contracts that were in front of me for next year, I figured it would be best to step aside.''

Injuries have dominated Rathbone's time at the Brumbies.

He missed the first year of his first contract signed after captaining the South African under-21s team with a groin setback and has been off the field for much of the past three seasons with knee problems.

Former Brumbies coach David Nucifora described Rathbone as an ''incredibly powerful individual''.

''He was one of the most dynamic athletes I've been involved with,'' Nucifora said.

''He was integral to the Brumbies winning the title in 2004.''

Rathbone and his wife Carrie will remain living in Canberra.
http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/news/rathbone-hangs-up-rugby-boots/2009/08/12/1249756334130.html

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Has there ever been a player with less luck ito injuries?

Shouldn't just hang them up, he should fecken burn'em.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And now the poor bastard is stuck living in Canberra. Its a say day for rugby my friends...

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
He must be the first person to finish his career and think bugger me, I'll stay in Canberra!

I met Gregan a few weeks after his last Brumbies game in the lift at work, asked him if he was heading back to Canberra and he said no bloody way

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
Enough with all the Aus-SA Shit. Rathbone was awesome and could have been one of the greats. His super hard style of game was always going to lead to injuries, he just played so hard. I'll never forget when he was chasing down a saffa and called for the ball in Afrikaans and he passed it back to him. What a hero. His injuries even surpass another great Wallaby winger, the almighty Ben Tune... But true, at least he has a super 14 title under his belt, not a bad achievement i would say.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Moses said:
He must be the first person to finish his career and think bugger me, I'll stay in Canberra!

I met Gregan a few weeks after his last Brumbies game in the lift at work, asked him if he was heading back to Canberra and he said no bloody way

Someone take his belt and shoe laces

C

Calexico

His company were employed to do health checks at my work - and I believe they have a heap of other Commonwealth contracts. They must be raking it in - hence staying in Canberra. I think his parents/grandparents/brothers all live here as well.

Was awesome to see him in full-flight for the Brumbies - just a pity he was only really fit for one season. Nice guy too.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
my mum has a lot to do with his business. he'll make more out this then playing rugby thats for sure.
great guy who has really taken very opportunity he has been given. much respect.

S

Spook

Do you people seriously think Sydney is a better/safer place than Canberra to raise a family when Canberra has better universities and schools, lower unemployment, a higher standard of living and less racist cvnts? :eek: Seriously Canberra is boring when you are in your 20s but it's great for families.

Status
Not open for further replies.