• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Poor old Rattlebones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Spook said:
Do you people seriously think Sydney is a better/safer place than Canberra to raise a family when Canberra has better universities and schools, lower unemployment, a higher standard of living and less racist cvnts? :eek: Seriously Canberra is boring when you are in your 20s but it's great for families.
I don't have any safety or employment concerns in Sydney. Never been a victim of any crime since my bike was stolen from school in 91. Our neighbours have been in our street since 1953 and their crime story involves someone keying a few cars on the street in the 80's when the great northern used to be a lot rougher.
Never had trouble finding a job either. Everyone I know is employed or studying.
There's some very fine schools and universities nearby, I have no concerns about the standard of eduction.
I was offered several contracts in Canberra when I first returned from the UK, knocked them all back though - if I wanted to live in a crap climate I'd have stayed in London and earnt pounds. Returning to Sydney was a lifestyle choice - we like the beach and the sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.