• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Press releases from the ARU Media Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Surely there was meant to be a full stop before Coach Paul Carozza and they just forgot it.

Even if with that little correction which splits it to two sentences, it is still terrible.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I suppose you are right. I would also bet that the unpaid intern is a foreign exchange student, with English as his/her second language. I know I tend to use strange sentence constructions when I write in Indonesian!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This is another gem: 61 words without a full stop- excellent work!
How do you instill something into a program?
You instill something into those participating in the program.
They should just put the words into a hat and pull them out and print them in that order.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I suppose you are right. I would also bet that the unpaid intern is a foreign exchange student, with English as his/her second language. I know I tend to use strange sentence constructions when I write in Indonesian!

Possibly it has been outsourced to India or the Phillipines to keep the marketing budget below the paperclip budget.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You guys are going to get an angry letter from the ARU Media Unit very soon. The intern is typing it up now and he's not happy.

chimp_at_typewriter.jpg

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
1. My concern with Bill Pulver's appointment was his apparent lack of extensive experience with the media.
2. That they continue to release (or pre-release) crap PR's under his watch heightens my concern.
3. Can someone who knows Bill please email him this thread.
4. It would not be hard to contract an editor on a piece basis (Cat_A for instance).

Now fixed

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Whoopsie.........

A technical glitch was supposedly responsible for the posting of confirmation by the Australian Rugby Union that Nick Phipps had signed with NSW for the next two seasons before the governing body and the Waratahs were ready to announce it.
In an embarrassing gaffe for the ARU, it posted a press release that trumpeted the Melbourne Rebels half-back would be staying in Australia and taking up a deal with the Waratahs for 2014 and 2015. It was removed from its website, although an inactive link could still be found, by using an internet search, late Tuesday afternoon.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
1. My concern with Bill Pulver's appointment was his apparent lack of extensive experience with the media.
2. That they continue to release crap PR's under his watch heightens my concern.
3. Can someone who knows Bill please email him this thread.
4. It would not be hard to contract an editor on a piece basis (Cat_A for instance).
You mean like m j hawker or someone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.