• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Press releases from the ARU Media Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Inside Shoulder I don't know you well enough to see if you're taking the mickey out of me - I'm assuming because you looked it up you're "one of us" ;)

I agree 100% with what you said. For me it is isn't a cause of any issues at all; rather their style is often symbolic of the wider organisation.

- if you don't know what you're talking about, just use big words and long sentences. Baffle with bullshit. (Likewise if you don't know the game plan just keep passing, running sideways and chip kicking and see if something works)

- it's more important to sound smart than it is to write clearly and communicate your message. (If the coach uses enough fancy words, hyperbole and elevated language maybe no one will notice we just aren't very good coaches)

- why say something simply and master basic sentence structure, grammar and punctuation when you can write elaborate ((yet ultimately flawed) articles? (Who cares if we can pass or catch, look at our fancy move we almost got to run?!?)

For me it's a symptom of an organisation-wide tendency.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Inside Shoulder I don't know you well enough to see if you're taking the mickey out of me - I'm assuming because you looked it up you're "one of us" ;)

I agree 100% with what you said. For me it is isn't a cause of any issues at all; rather their style is often symbolic of the wider organisation.

- if you don't know what you're talking about, just use big words and long sentences. Baffle with bullshit. (Likewise if you don't know the game plan just keep passing, running sideways and chip kicking and see if something works)
- it's more important to sound smart than it is to write clearly and communicate your message. (If the coach uses enough fancy words, hyperbole and elevated language maybe no one will notice we just aren't very good coaches)
- why say something simply and master basic sentence structure, grammar and punctuation when you can write elaborate ((yet ultimately flawed) articles? (Who cares if we can pass or catch, look at our fancy move we almost got to run?!?)

For me it's a symptom of an organisation-wide tendency.
I was taking the Mickey out of he ARU.
are we eligible for the hyperbole?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I've developed the habit of googling everything before posting and its amazing what you learn

I do that too. It's kind of anally retentive but it's probably also why I excell at pub trivia. Useless facts are my forté.

The original Simpsons (Grampa Simpson) quote is "The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it."

That actually equates to 0.8 metres per litre which is completely ridiculous.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I do that too. It's kind of anally retentive but it's probably also why I excell at pub trivia. Useless facts are my forté.

The original Simpsons (Grampa Simpson) quote is "The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it."

Love it

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)

Except in 'Murrica
car-america.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.