• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Club Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
Has anyone heard any of the results from The club trials on the weekend Prems and Prem Colts?

Cheers

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Souths beat Uni in both. Uni did score one of the best tries I have ever seen in Premier grade with the 12 touching 3 or 4 times including a pass between his legs.

D

David

Jets said:
Souths beat Uni in both. Uni did score one of the best tries I have ever seen in Premier grade with the 12 touching 3 or 4 times including a pass between his legs.

That was a good try, Souths looked very good in the second half, piling on close to 50 points i think in that second stanza, albeit against a pretty weak Uni side.

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
week 2 of the QLD club trials

Wests rebuilding appears to be on track winning Premier and Premier Colts against Marist Old Boys (GPS).
GPS must be the smallest team in the comp. With thie Dynamic Ranger, hooker Liam Fergoson being one of the tallest in the pack at 4 foot 5.

Marist old boys RC cousins, Brother were suffering a hangover from the ACC.Beaten by Norths in Premier grade. No colts results to date.

In the Tax payer funded vs pokie machine revenue Cup, un confirmed reults are the Bank rolled the Students in both P and PC.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lion, you've obviously got a bit of a chip on your shoulder against every single club in Brisbane. But for the benefit of those who don't live in your head, if you want to be of real help here, why not trying your post again with real team names included instead of your hilariously ironic nicknames.

That way we may actually know what's going on.

Cheers

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
Noddy,

I dont have a chip against any club in Qld but I obviously hit a nerve with you.
Was one of my comments a bit to close to the bone?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Lion said:
Noddy,

I dont have a chip against any club in Qld but I obviously hit a nerve with you.
Was one of my comments a bit to close to the bone?

I dont think Noddy took any of it personally, rather I think he finds your nicknames for the Queensland club sides indecipherable. As do I.

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
GPS (Marist old boys) - 80% of their playing base is from Marist Ashgrove. Why do they continue to call themselves GPS old boys?

Uni - University of QLD Rugby (Tax Payer Funded)

Bank - Sunny Bank Rugby Club (Pokey Machine Funded)

Brothers- Brothers

Wests - West Brisbane Bulldogs

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
personally, I would think it would make sense to keep it to the clubs' actual names so that everyone can enjoy the full benefit of your posts. Plus I would've thought it would be quicker.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
no problems. Its great to see Briso club rugby covered in depth, and the more we have talking about it the better, we just need to make it nice and easy for our Sydney et al readers to understand.

T

TOCC

Lion said:

sounds more like jealousy then anything, just because sunnybank were smart enough to diversify there income stream...

Pokies or no pokies, i would love to see all clubs in brisbane able to build the facilities that Sunnybank have or are going to have in the future.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think even the good people at Sunnybank will tell you it was a combination of good luck and good management (or pig headedness according to some) that got them to where they are today. It would be great if pokies worked for everyone but a lot of the Brisbane clubs are in a much worse off position because they chased the pokie dollar. It is a real pity that it didn't come off for more of these clubs as Queensland rugby would be in a much better position than it is today.

T

tranquility

Lion, I quite liked your post mate. Nothing better than a little Brisbane club rugby passion, it's exactly what the comp needs.

However you missed this obvious one; Brothers - The Filth.

D

Doc

TOCC said:
Lion said:

sounds more like jealousy then anything, just because sunnybank were smart enough to diversify there income stream...

Pokies or no pokies, i would love to see all clubs in brisbane able to build the facilities that Sunnybank have or are going to have in the future.

The facilities are only available though due to the pokies. A massive number of sport clubs from all sports are going broke, Sunnybank continues to prosper. You can't say you'd love to see the facilities in other clubs as it is essentially impossible. Sunnybank got lucky (and not jealousy, fact). The pokie laws changed around the time that other clubs got rid of theirs, sunnybank (the club, not rugby club) held theirs and became obscenely rich almost overnight. They have to give some of that dosh to the Bank etc. Any and all clubs would love to have newer facilities but sort of a miracle it won't happen. In fact clubs folding is much more likely.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Noddy said:
Lion, you've obviously got a bit of a chip on your shoulder against every single club in Brisbane. But for the benefit of those who don't live in your head, if you want to be of real help here, why not trying your post again with real team names included instead of your hilariously ironic nicknames.

I got it. What's wrong with having "a chip on your shoulder against every single club in Brisbane"? Lad obviously goes for the coast teams.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Liked your post as well Lion. If you can get a match report or two going during the comp that would be great. :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.