• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Club Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
Tocc,

Once again I agree. However not when a club uses it financial muscle to weaken another club by targetting thier players, as oppossed to developing or providing opportunities for a player that didnt have those opportunities. We are currently seeing the potential results of this in Sydney. The Hornsby Rugby Club is on its knees in 2 nd division Subbies purely because the likes of Gordon ond Norths put thier own self interest before the growth of the game . Hornsby is the corridor to the Central Coast, NSW 2nd fastest growing population area after the west.

As for the West, I suggest that you go to Rugby Heaven.com.au and see for yourself what the plundering of rich clubs has done to the Parramatta 2 blues.

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
Aussie D,

Dont know I just check the subbies web site from time to time and they are usually just above the bottom of the club champs.

D

David

Lion said:
Part 2

Brothers - the Filth
GPS - MOBs (Marist old boys)
Western Bulldogs - Wogs
Uni QLD - Tax Dollars
Sting Rays - Gays
Gold Coast - All sorts
Souths - Chippsy Wood Ducks
Sunny Bank - Bandits (as in one arm bandit)
Norths - ??????
East - 4 Irons (best way to stop a tiger)

Cheers no offence meant!

Hmm to my Sunnybank's nickname is Scummybank, though I am a Souths boy.

T

TOCC

Lion said:
Tocc,

Once again I agree. However not when a club uses it financial muscle to weaken another club by targetting thier players, as oppossed to developing or providing opportunities for a player that didnt have those opportunities. We are currently seeing the potential results of this in Sydney. The Hornsby Rugby Club is on its knees in 2 nd division Subbies purely because the likes of Gordon ond Norths put thier own self interest before the growth of the game . Hornsby is the corridor to the Central Coast, NSW 2nd fastest growing population area after the west.

As for the West, I suggest that you go to Rugby Heaven.com.au and see for yourself what the plundering of rich clubs has done to the Parramatta 2 blues.

dont confuse what the topic of conversation is about...

Like i said, Sunnybank have been smart enough to diversify there income stream.. at no point did i talk about 'plundering other clubs'.. that itself is another topic and one which is highly debateable depeding on where you are looking from.

In fact, Sunnybank arent the big bad devil that they are made out to be, they individually fund the fledgling Browns Plains Juniors Rugby Union club who ran into financial difficulty a couple of years back.

G

Geronimo

Good point TOCC, it is interesting to get the full picture. I know I am insulated to a degree here on the coast from what goes on in Bris-vegas but can anyone tell me who have the green and black pilfered. Tapuais....No. Houston...No.
Who then???

Status
Not open for further replies.