• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
GPS 1st grade went down to souths, GPS reserves beat Uni without zangari for half the match who was red carded for an alleged headbut. And sunnybank got up over GPS in colts.

GPS prems win over brothers, Samu made a very big difference to the side.

Not sure of the games on other fields though

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
.. Sorry I just noticed this is the colts thread; sunnybank were very good against GPS, their back row plus the fullback and right wing had great games. GPS forwards were dominated in the line out an the scrum. GPS backs had very little clean ball. Tomane was fair and Magnay had a decent game, especially a 70m kick ahead to set up a try. Score was 21-20 I think? GPS had a conversion just to the left of the posts and missed that would have got them ahead.

Unfortunately didn't catch the score of the other game.

Thebank2014

Allen Oxlade (6)
Prem colts Sunnybank defeated GPS 26-20. Pretty good game. Sunnybank back line was on point. Magnay didn't get a lot of the ball like the previous week... Sunnybank straight through and they will play the winner out of GPS v brother

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Prem Colts kick offs fairly even with Sunnybank claiming one over GPS. Scrums reasonably even with both sides able to put some pressure on opposition feed, however both won all their own feeds. Sunnybank won two GPS lineouts and GPS won one Sunnybank lineout. Sunnybank backs went well in attack and defence. GPS starting 10 struggled to get the backline going, but slight improvement when replacement 10 came on very late in frist half. Sunnybank kicking game far superior to GPS.

ikaletahi

Herbert Moran (7)
Sikameti will be playing for GPS this weekend. Be interested to see how he plays against guys his own age as he has been going pretty well in reserve grade...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Sikamenti to play for colts this weekend, he will make a massive difference for go forward.. Unfortunately he can't play flyhalf.

Edit: sorry just saw the same post above!!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think we'll see GPS Prem Colts getting a lot more front foot ball this week. Their loss of form has coincided with two things, firstly, winning the minor premiership and hence some players probably took the foot off the pedal. Secondly, Rodwell's season ending injury, he was playing well for them and Sika will provide a similar impact.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Rodwell did his PCL.. not sure how much longer but only just getting back into jogging.

Really looking forward to seeing Sika run out against boys his age.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm looking forward to it as well Jeeper but I'm also not expecting him to decimate the opposition. Yes, hes been playing against older and possibly bigger/stronger opposition but the fact is GPS Prem Reserve team has been by far the best in the comp this year and some of the opposition haven't exactly been testing him. The game will also be a lot faster in Prem Colts so he will have to adjust to that.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
TheBigDog/Jeeper, just a few questions for you guys:

Who's been playing 10 for Jeeps in place of Tuttle?

Is Cameron Knox injured as well?

How has Jacob Manning played at 15 this season?

Thanks boys

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Knoxy had his first game back from injury against Sunnybank and was close to our best. Manning has been ok but needs an offseason for some size, can kick and pass well and does these too often. His best asset is his pace which you dont get to see him use too often.

And 10 has been juggled through a few guys, Richard Aitsi, Jordy Tkatchenko and another guy have all run around but we really dont have another quality replacement for Tuttle.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeh GPS Prem Colts biggest hurdle if they're going to have a shot in finals will be settling on a 10 who can play to a style which suits their strike weapons out wide. Both Aitsi and Jordy have played their best rugby at 15 this year and have faltered in the flyhalf spot.

For me the best option there is Henry Devine as he is sound defensively and has a decent running game. Not sure with who they're going for this weekend.

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thoughts on the GF this week? Sunnybank v Brothers

Also GPS going from undefeated 14 rounds in to losing their last 5 on the trot must be a tough pill to swallow

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
No one controlling the game was an issue with GPS. Tuttle was outstanding when I watched him play and is the reason they beat Sunnybank in the first round.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Agree with Jets. GPS had plenty of strike power out wide and guys who were able to get over the line, but there was no one there to provide them with control and execution once Tuttle went to Prem Grade.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Agree with Jets. GPS had plenty of strike power out wide and guys who were able to get over the line, but there was no one there to provide them with control and execution once Tuttle went to Prem Grade.

TheBigDog, 4 minutes ago

What's Mitch Treleaven doing next year?

Unless he gets an Under 20's RL spot somewhere, which seems unlikely, he might be interested in playing a year of Colts with his mates.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)

TheBigDog, 4 minutes ago

What's Mitch Treleaven doing next year?

Unless he gets an Under 20's RL spot somewhere, which seems unlikely, he might be interested in playing a year of Colts with his mates.

How many Marist blokes are playing Premier Colts though? From what I hear, only Henry Devine and Jacob Manning are playing with Premier Colts with the rest in Colts 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.