• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting situation in Colts 1 this weekend. The outcomes of Souths (5th) vs Wests (last) and GPS (4th) v Sunnybank (3rd) could be very interesting.

GPS could drop out of the top 4 if they lose to Sunnybank without a BP and Souths beat Wests. However, Wests Colts 1 have already forfeited their last two playable rounds (they had a bye last week) and I believe the rules state three forfeits and the QRU are obliged to pull the team from the competition, therefore any points teams received when playing Wests would be removed from the ladder. If Wests forfeit this weekend it could change the makeup of if the finals and teams would have no control over it.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Interesting situation in Colts 1 this weekend. The outcomes of Souths (5th) vs Wests (last) and GPS (4th) v Sunnybank (3rd) could be very interesting.

GPS could drop out of the top 4 if they lose to Sunnybank without a BP and Souths beat Wests. However, Wests Colts 1 have already forfeited their last two playable rounds (they had a bye last week) and I believe the rules state three forfeits and the QRU are obliged to pull the team from the competition, therefore any points teams received when playing Wests would be removed from the ladder. If Wests forfeit this weekend it could change the makeup of if the finals and teams would have no control over it.

Looks like every team except Easts in rd 2 have picked up a 5 point win so not sure it will change the makeup at all?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looks like every team except Easts in rd 2 have picked up a 5 point win so not sure it will change the makeup at all?

The for and against gets changed as well, therefore couldn't GPS possibly jump into 2nd and the major semi?

Also it would deny Souths the opportunity to contest for a finals spot as they would receive no points this weekend.

clubland

Bob McCowan (2)
The for and against gets changed as well, therefore couldn't GPS possibly jump into 2nd and the major semi?

Also it would deny Souths the opportunity to contest for a finals spot as they would receive no points this weekend.

If Wests do forfeit and are taken out of the comp all points won against Wests are taken away. GPS would go to 30 and Souths to 32.GPS would need to win this weekend to play finals.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I didn't realise that University had achieved the 4 try bonus point against Souths.

You've made the finals (University).

Unless Bond and Brothers get very big wins this weekend.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I didn't realise that University had achieved the 4 try bonus point against Souths.

You've made the finals (University).

Unless Bond and Brothers get very big wins this weekend.

I think if Bond pick up 5 points & Uni don't grab a point, Bond goes thru as they will finish with 10 wins vs Uni's 9. F & A is the next decider which won't be required.

Am I correct?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
GPS 15 13 2 0 0 0 453 178 275 1 8 61
Sunnybank 15 11 4 0 0 0 498 237 261 1 7 52
Brothers 15 10 5 0 0 0 398 187 211 2 7 49
University of Queensland 15 9 6 0 0 0 447 249 198 5 8 49
Bond University 15 9 6 0 0 0 309 198 111 3 5 44

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
Premier Colts
Bond University 60 d Easts 5
Sunnybank 22 d GPS 19
Brothers 23 d University of Queensland 22
Souths 41 d Wests 0

UQ scrape in by a point I think.

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
Colts 1
Bond University 48 d Easts 5
GPS 26 d Sunnybank 17
University of Queensland 38 d Brothers 28
Souths 64 d Wests 0

Colts 2
Sunnybank 45 d GPS 7
University of Queensland 29 d Brothers 5

village

Frank Row (1)
Premier Colts
Bond University 60 d Easts 5
Sunnybank 22 d GPS 19
Brothers 23 d University of Queensland 22
Souths 41 d Wests 0

UQ scrape in by a point I think.
Good result for both UQ and The Filth this afternoon. Funny that. Uni score at the death to get their point. Bond miss out to UQ with more wins.

village

Frank Row (1)
I stand by my earlier post. Good result for both Filth and UQ. Both beaten by Bond at their last starts and I am sure they are happy to have Bond out of the race.

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
I stand by my earlier post. Good result for both Filth and UQ. Both beaten by Bond at their last starts and I am sure they are happy to have Bond out of the race.

I watched the game! Uni led 22-18 until last minute and was about to score. Great work of the Filth with ball interception and try at the corner. Agree however that Bond is a hard opponent to beat.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sunnybank play GPS again in the major semi. Hopefully the same result and the very good Dragons team can go straight to the GF.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
There are 2-3 players coming back into GPS Prem Colts this weekend from injury and also wouldn't be surprised if they manage to get Sikameti and Tuttle from grades for this game. I'm hoping for a different result this time!

Luvmyrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Uq lost 5 games by 4 pts or less after leading all 5 into the last 5 mins. Brothers x 2 Sbank x1 and GPs and Bond
In three of those they knocked back 2 penalty shots from in front. Poor decision making costing them dearly. Couple this with a massive injury count ( at one stage 11 out) and they haven't gone too bad.
Must say Sbank look the goods for this year though

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Tuttle and sika won't play colts, but the colts are looking very sharp, they were very lacklustre last week, I actually think they will put plenty on them.. Tomane to learn to pass and Some early ball to Magnay and we should be good!

Unfortunately our 3rd grade lost this afternoon, however 2nd grade got up over Logan and the undefeated Norths got up over Uni. Looking forward to a big day of rugby tomorrow following a big game tonight, go the tahs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.