• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikaletahi

Herbert Moran (7)
Im gonna choose my words wisely here ... so I best not comment about Sam Richards to be honest. Im sure that the coach sees plenty good in that kid But your guy against Josef Horomia??? Really?

Which game were you watching today? I was down at Yoku road too and didn't see him outclass anything? Actually at most points today, i seem to remember the norths scrum stuck in reverse for most of the afternoon - both sides of the scrum and Kite running amok with ball in hand.

Not wanting to be seen as playing the man and not the ball but I don't think your perception of Ryan is anywhere near the reality. Ill give you something, he is very fit and mobile but then so are most blokes running around in premier grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lunchboxhero

Frank Row (1)
Im gonna choose my words wisely here . so I best not comment about Sam Richards to be honest. Im sure that the coach sees plenty good in that kid But your guy against Josef Horomia??? Really?

Which game were you watching today? I was down at Yoku road too and didn't see him outclass anything? Actually at most points today, i seem to remember the norths scrum stuck in reverse for most of the afternoon - both sides of the scrum and Kite running amok with ball in hand.

Not wanting to be seen as playing the man and not the ball but I don't think your perception of Ryan is anywhere near the reality. Ill give you something, he is very fit and mobile but then so are most blokes running around in premier grade.

Yes Josef Horomia is better then Garrath Ryan, but Garrath Ryan is about twice as good as Sam Richards

& Hmm.. sounds like a little one-sided too be honest Phil Kite was seagulling and barely ran 'amok' with ball in hand being tackled pretty much on the advantage line every touch. At one stage he took Garrath Ryan on down the wing and was tackled no dramas, Garrath hopped up to his feet and had a crack at the ball. He also didn't really dominate his side of the scrum. Today I put Garrath Ryan ahead of Phil Kite based on pure performance. However, over the entire premier grade competition you would expect Kite to be a better player.

ikaletahi

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes Josef Horomia is better then Garrath Ryan, but Garrath Ryan is about twice as good as Sam Richards

& Hmm.. sounds like a little one-sided too be honest Phil Kite was seagulling and barely ran 'amok' with ball in hand being tackled pretty much on the advantage line every touch. At one stage he took Garrath Ryan on down the wing and was tackled no dramas, Garrath hopped up to his feet and had a crack at the ball. He also didn't really dominate his side of the scrum. Today I put Garrath Ryan ahead of Phil Kite based on pure performance. However, over the entire premier grade competition you would expect Kite to be a better player.

what do you use to quantify your comment of Ryan being better based on pure performance? Because of a tackle/attempted jackal?

I think you might want to try and watch the tape re: the scrum. Or actually, go and ask your number 8 and halfback.

But I digress, as mentioned Ryan is only there because there is No one else, to suggest otherwise is simply wrong.

Good luck to the kid though, hope he proves me wrong.

Steve Pierce

Stan Wickham (3)
Sunnybank may have Mitch Third, Conrad Quick and Lolo Fakaosilea could all return to play Colts.​
Lolo Fakaosilea And Jake Mckintyre have been selected for the qld City for NRC. Both are contracted players so by law, have to play Premier rugby.

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
Lolo Fakaosilea And Jake Mckintyre have been selected for the qld City for NRC. Both are contracted players so by law, have to play Premier rugby.

Jake is 20 so he is ineligible.
Lolo can play Colts as he is not contracted and even if he was he is eligible to play Premiet Colts if he is Under 19.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
what do you use to quantify your comment of Ryan being better based on pure performance? Because of a tackle/attempted jackal?

I think you might want to try and watch the tape re: the scrum. Or actually, go and ask your number 8 and halfback.

But I digress, as mentioned Ryan is only there because there is No one else, to suggest otherwise is simply wrong.

Good luck to the kid though, hope he proves me wrong.

I have no ieda whether Garath is up to scratch in terms of Qld u20 selection however there is one thing he deserves, especially being an U19 playing premier grade in an under performing team, is credit for turning up week after week and performing strongly against the best that Premier rugby has to offer. The Norths scrum has been under pressure every game however he has never shirked his task and to continue to perform strongly against superior packs is something to be admired. If he can secure a run in Qld U20 I say well done to the young man.

Steve Pierce

Stan Wickham (3)
Jake is 20 so he is ineligible.
Lolo can play Colts as he is not contracted and even if he was he is eligible to play Premiet Colts if he is Under 19.

With reports on other forums, Lolo was offered several different contracts from the Rebels, Force and surprisingly seen on the New Zealand Rugby Forum, Auckland Blues. So with Lolo staying here in Qld, it is obvious that the reds have offered a decent amount of coin or he is just a loyal and commuted bloke to Qld. Regardless of being in the prem colt age bracket, how would that benefit his rugby? He obviously shows the quality of a high levelled rugby player. Michael Gunn and Lolo are easily the best backrowers in their age group. They have demonstrated the ability to become super rugby players so we can't surely say Lolo is Colts player.

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
With reports on other forums, Lolo was offered several different contracts from the Rebels, Force and surprisingly seen on the New Zealand Rugby Forum, Auckland Blues. So with Lolo staying here in Qld, it is obvious that the reds have offered a decent amount of coin or he is just a loyal and commuted bloke to Qld. Regardless of being in the prem colt age bracket, how would that benefit his rugby? He obviously shows the quality of a high levelled rugby player. Michael Gunn and Lolo are easily the best backrowers in their age group. They have demonstrated the ability to become super rugby players so we can't surely say Lolo is Colts player.

I agree that they are good prospects to become S15 players. But they are not there yet. They need to get to NRC teams this year and mature in the professional environment. There are few Colts from the same group who are not far behind: Payne, Korczyk and Wilkin. They (except Payne on U20 duties) have been playing in Prem Comp this year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The issue with Lolo will be who he would kick out of the Sunnybank Premier squad. They have been playing with 5 backrowers (using them as locks) and it has worked really well for them. Lolo could play Prem Colts and then come off the bench in premier. Not say that it will happen but it is an option.

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
The issue with Lolo will be who he would kick out of the Sunnybank Premier squad. They have been playing with 5 backrowers (using them as locks) and it has worked really well for them. Lolo could play Prem Colts and then come off the bench in premier. Not say that it will happen but it is an option.

Good point. This would apply to most of the clubs as the competition for starting 15 in Prem Grade is fierce. Plus the Reds players are likely to return for the finals.

Steve Pierce

Stan Wickham (3)
Good point. This would apply to most of the clubs as the competition for starting 15 in Prem Grade is fierce. Plus the Reds players are likely to return for the finals.
Well it looks like he can slip in the prems quite easily, being named at 6 this weekend. I'm not boating about the kid, I'm just saying that the Colts program isn't at match for the talented players like him and other appealing players in that age bracket .

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS Premier Colts will secure the Minor Premiership if they get a win over Easts this weekend. A great achievement if they manage to do it with still a couple of rounds to play.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Went out to Yoku road today to watch a one-sided affair between the mighty gallopers and the not so soaring Eagles.

GPS dominated almost every aspect of the game, forwards a few paces quicker and more urgent to the ball then Norths.
GPS counter-attack dominated a Norths kicking game
GPS offloading game also ran riot over a struggling Norths defence who's players only have eachother to blame always defending overlaps.
GPS set-piece made Norths #10 look lost in defence with GPS #10 taking the ball to the line every time and hitting somebody either inside or outside with a shortball

GPS standout players - no idea on names:
#2, #7, #10, #12 (this boy was the strongest looking on the field)

Norths struggled, were good when they strung together a few phases however GPS forwards were relentless at pilfering and simply would turn the ball over after a few phases.

Norths standout players - no idea on names:
#8, #12, #13 - The battle of 2 big centre pairings these two norths boys looked up to it. Particularly good job to shut down a hard running, damaging backline. If GPS #12 would break a tackle or have a good run, it was responded to well by the Norths centres by having their own good runs or forcing turnovers. These 3 players from Norths looked very competitive and solid however the rest of the team seems to be just not 'with it'. #8 did well, ran hard and looked dangerous with ball in hand.

Names would be great to recognise these players on their solid performances.

Norths #8 was Lindsay Ward, #12 was Rawiri Eru and #13 was Riley Brennan.

I know that the GPS #10 was Jordan Tkatchenko and #12 was Jason Tomane. Not sure about #2 and #7.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Im gonna choose my words wisely here . so I best not comment about Sam Richards to be honest. Im sure that the coach sees plenty good in that kid But your guy against Josef Horomia??? Really?

I think you were watching a different game, because Kite stood out on the wing the whole game, and from what I recall ran it once at Ryan, getting put flat on his backside. After that Kite hardly made a metre, taking the ground after contact everytime.

ikaletahi

Herbert Moran (7)
I think you were watching a different game, because Kite stood out on the wing the whole game, and from what I recall ran it once at Ryan, getting put flat on his backside. After that Kite hardly made a metre, taking the ground after contact everytime.

Mate... relax, the issue is dead. I understand that there is apparently a massive G.Ryan fan club over at shaw rd but you guys need to settle down.

My original comments were really just in relation to the ridiculous statements regarding him walking straight into easts/souths prems (cant believe that was suggested) so I apologise for giving air to the kite vs ryan argument.

Anyway, Good luck today against the filth.

Status
Not open for further replies.