• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
I see Dylan Sikimeti playing Res Grade for GPS although was playing colts at the start of the season?
This is seen as a development stage for young Dylan and his scrumming. It worked well for Phil Kite (now Prem Grade captain and Reds A player at 21). We may see him feature for colts again this year. Depends on how many more injuries our Prem colts side has (No Magnay, Rodwell, Tregenza, and Nicholson through injuries for Colts and Tuttle was injured playing up in prem grade).

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

guru13

Frank Nicholson (4)
was anyone else out at bond yesterday watching the prem colts against UQ.... wow what a game!! battle of unis with intense finish.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Early Prediction for QLD u/20s:

1. Garrath Ryan (Norths)
2. Jayden Rodwell (GPS)
3. Dylan Sikimeti (GPS)
4. Phil Potgeiter (Uni)
5. Adam Korczyk (Uni)
6. Brad Wilkin (Easts)
7. Michael Gunn (Easts)
8. Lolo Fakaosilea (Sunnybank)
9. James Tuttle (GPS)
10. Paddy James (Brothers)
11. Campbell Magnay (GPS)
12. James Dalgleish (Uni)
13. Nigel Tanuvasa (Souths)
14. Conrad Quick (Sunnybank)
15. Jonah Placid (Easts)
RESERVES:
16. Jake Lyon (Souths)
17. Aaron Pleash (Uni)
18. Sam Richards (Easts)
19. Conor Anderson (Norths)
20. Digger McMillan (Bond)
21. Moses Sorovi (Uni)
22. Mitch Third (Sunnybank)
23. Will Shipperley (Brothers)
OTHERS TO CONSIDER
Cameron Knox (GPS)
Douglas Rayment (GPS)
Isi Tevi (Norths)
Lindsay Ward (Norths)
Bronson Tauakipulu (Wests)
Maclean Jones
Alex Mafi
Michael Siaki (Souths)
Daniel Anae (Sunnybank)

I know there's a few I've missed....anyone else that should be added or that has been forgotten?

I've purposely placed Tuttle at 9 to accommodate the plethora of good 10s in this age group.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)

2. Jayden Rodwell (GPS) NUDGEE 2013
3. Dylan Sikimeti (GPS) NUDGEE 2012
4. Phil Potgeiter (Uni) TOOWOOMBA 2012
5. Adam Korczyk (Uni) STATE HIGH 2012
7. Michael Gunn (Easts) CHURCHIE 2012
8. Lolo Fakaosilea (Sunnybank) BBC 2012 / PETERS 2013
9. James Tuttle (GPS) NUDGEE 2013
10. Paddy James (Brothers) NUDGEE 2012
11. Campbell Magnay (GPS) NUDGEE 2013
12. James Dalgleish (Uni) TERRACE 2012
13. Nigel Tanuvasa (Souths) CHURCHIE 2013
14. Conrad Quick (Sunnybank) BBC 2013
15. Jonah Placid (Easts) TOOWOOMBA 2012

RESERVES:
16. Jake Lyon (Souths) SOUTHPORT 2013
17. Aaron Pleash (Uni) IPSWICH 2012
20. Digger McMillan (Bond) CHURCHIE 2013
22. Mitch Third (Sunnybank) SOUTHPORT 2013
23. Will Shipperley (Brothers) NUDGEE 2011

OTHERS TO CONSIDER
Lindsay Ward (Norths) STATE HIGH 2012
Bronson Tauakipulu (Wests) BBC 2013
Maclean Jones NUDGEE 2013
Alex Mafi NUDGEE 2014
Daniel Anae (Sunnybank) NUDGEE 2012

Some pretty heavy GPS Schoolboy Representation there.. Good to see the boys are doing well out of school

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)

1. Garrath Ryan (Norths)
2. Jayden Rodwell (GPS)
3. Dylan Sikimeti (GPS)
4. Phil Potgeiter (Uni)
5. Adam Korczyk (Uni)
6. Brad Wilkin (Easts)
7. Michael Gunn (Easts)
9. James Tuttle (GPS)
15. Jonah Placid (Easts)
RESERVES:
16. Jake Lyon (Souths)
17. Aaron Pleash (Uni)
18. Sam Richards (Easts)
21. Moses Sorovi (Uni)
OTHERS TO CONSIDER
Cameron Knox (GPS)
Douglas Rayment (GPS)
Isi Tevi (Norths)
Lindsay Ward (Norths)
Maclean Jones
Alex Mafi
Michael Siaki (Souths)
Daniel Anae (Sunnybank)

I know there's a few I've missed..anyone else that should be added or that has been forgotten?

I've purposely placed Tuttle at 9 to accommodate the plethora of good 10s in this age group.

I hope I will see the old under 16 Qld Reds reuniting to swing the under 20 comp our way next year. Mafi, Pleash, Sikimeti, Potgieter, Korczyk, Wilkin, Fakosilea, Placid, McMillan, Anae plus Gunn, Quick, Tanuvasa, Rodwell from QLD White. Some of these boys have already been playing Premier rugby and Reds A. I guess few will get into NRC teams this year?

GPSGPSGPS

Frank Nicholson (4)

1. Garrath Ryan (Norths)
2. Jayden Rodwell (GPS)
3. Dylan Sikimeti (GPS)
4. Phil Potgeiter (Uni)
5. Adam Korczyk (Uni)
6. Brad Wilkin (Easts)
7. Michael Gunn (Easts)
9. James Tuttle (GPS)
15. Jonah Placid (Easts)
RESERVES:
16. Jake Lyon (Souths)
17. Aaron Pleash (Uni)
18. Sam Richards (Easts)
21. Moses Sorovi (Uni)
OTHERS TO CONSIDER
Cameron Knox (GPS)
Douglas Rayment (GPS)
Isi Tevi (Norths)
Lindsay Ward (Norths)
Maclean Jones
Alex Mafi
Michael Siaki (Souths)
Daniel Anae (Sunnybank)

I know there's a few I've missed..anyone else that should be added or that has been forgotten?

Jason Tomane from GPS will certainly come into consideration

okm8

Frank Row (1)
Jason Tomane from GPS will certainly come into consideration

After playing Norths I wouldn't have any in the u20's side apart from Garrath Ryan.

Not too sure who Anderson is, but if any Norths players were to make the side you can't go past the following four:

Lindsay Ward (6,5,8) - Played and captained State High every year however don't think he played first fifteen due to injury? Great all round player.
Isi Tevi (8,6) - Wavell SS first thirteen league, also played in the Combined States team at nationals. When we versed Isi he was playing number 8 and every run he would of made atleast 10 metres. A lot of teams have noticed the damage Isi brings when he plays.
Patrick Fortescue (7,6) - Played firsts in 2012 and had bits of game time off the bench the year before. Similar to Ward in how they play the game.
Riley Brennan (13, 11, 14) - Nudgee firsts player and against us he had about twenty minutes for premier grade. Riley also was dominant during our game.

These are really the only Norths players I could see even having a chance of making the side apart from Garrath. However still don't think any will make it as apart of the struggling Norths team.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
After playing Norths I wouldn't have any in the u20's side apart from Garrath Ryan.

Not too sure who Anderson is, but if any Norths players were to make the side you can't go past the following four:

Lindsay Ward (6,5,8) - Played and captained State High every year however don't think he played first fifteen due to injury? Great all round player.
Isi Tevi (8,6) - Wavell SS first thirteen league, also played in the Combined States team at nationals. When we versed Isi he was playing number 8 and every run he would of made atleast 10 metres. A lot of teams have noticed the damage Isi brings when he plays.
Patrick Fortescue (7,6) - Played firsts in 2012 and had bits of game time off the bench the year before. Similar to Ward in how they play the game.
Riley Brennan (13, 11, 14) - Nudgee firsts player and against us he had about twenty minutes for premier grade. Riley also was dominant during our game.

These are really the only Norths players I could see even having a chance of making the side apart from Garrath. However still don't think any will make it as apart of the struggling Norths team.

Garrath Ryan I would say is a shoe in. He's had a pretty solid Premier Grade season, in a team that seems to struggle at times. Lindsay Ward hasn't had a bad game all season in Prem Colts, leading the team as captain. It's a shame that results haven't come their way, as they have had plenty of chances. Riley Brennan played Qld U16s in grade 10, but the next year was dropped to the B's at Nudgee and played 2nd's alongside another Norths Colt Parker Montague (which is strange because both are quality players.) However RB has had an excellent season since coming back from injury, and has cameod in Prem grade, including the victory at Sylvan Road.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Garrath Ryan I would say is a shoe in. He's had a pretty solid Premier Grade season, in a team that seems to struggle at times. Lindsay Ward hasn't had a bad game all season in Prem Colts, leading the team as captain. It's a shame that results haven't come their way, as they have had plenty of chances. Riley Brennan played Qld U16s in grade 10, but the next year was dropped to the B's at Nudgee and played 2nd's alongside another Norths Colt Parker Montague (which is strange because both are quality players.) However RB has had an excellent season since coming back from injury, and has cameod in Prem grade, including the victory at Sylvan Road.

I'd say a shoe in is a very uneducated statement considering the boys eligible - Pleash, Sikimeti, Anae, Sala, Leleisiuao, Aiono, Fa'Aoso, Clifton, Richards... Not to mention the vast array of frontrowers graduating this year.

Training squad inclusion, Ryan should make. Final touring squad is questionable.

Whilst far from knocking Norths, a starting or 'cameo' role for Norths Prem Grade means little when they're 1/12 & Colts 2/12.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'd say a shoe in is a very uneducated statement considering the boys eligible - Pleash, Sikimeti, Anae, Sala, Leleisiuao, Aiono, Fa'Aoso, Clifton, Richards. Not to mention the vast array of frontrowers graduating this year.

Training squad inclusion, Ryan should make. Final touring squad is questionable.

Whilst far from knocking Norths, a starting or 'cameo' role for Norths Prem Grade means little when they're 1/12 & Colts 2/12.
This may seem one eyed, and I do agree with your point about norths struggling, but Garrath Ryan is playing Premier Grade for a reason. He is more than up to it. If he were playing in the premier colts competition, he would be dominating every prop in scrums and his work rate is second to none. I used to think he was quite far down the pecking order in terms of props, but he is easily qlds best u/19 prop going round. I would even go as far to say, pick him in one of the NRC squads with no intention of playing him in games, just to get him used to a professional set up and environment because this kid has a future in rugby.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
This may seem one eyed, and I do agree with your point about norths struggling, but Garrath Ryan is playing Premier Grade for a reason. He is more than up to it. If he were playing in the premier colts competition, he would be dominating every prop in scrums and his work rate is second to none. I used to think he was quite far down the pecking order in terms of props, but he is easily qlds best u/19 prop going round. I would even go as far to say, pick him in one of the NRC squads with no intention of playing him in games, just to get him used to a professional set up and environment because this kid has a future in rugby.

You're right, it does seem a little one eyed but time will tell. It'd be great to see Norths represented but a shoe in is simply incorrect. My reasoning is based on the fact that he wouldn't be playing Prem grade at any top 6 club - that I am certain of. If Norths had frontrow quality, he'd be back as a strong performer in a poor colts side.

Keep in mind the following boys played significant time in prem's for their respective clubs last year & didn't make the cut -

- James Dalgleish (Uni)
- Keeghan Sefton (Souths)
- Luke Everson (Souths)
- Darcy Eason (Breakers)

All very talented footballers!

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
You're right, it does seem a little one eyed but time will tell. It'd be great to see Norths represented but a shoe in is simply incorrect. My reasoning is based on the fact that he wouldn't be playing Prem grade at any top 6 club - that I am certain of. If Norths had frontrow quality, he'd be back as a strong performer in a poor colts side.

Keep in mind the following boys played significant time in prem's for their respective clubs last year & didn't make the cut -

- James Dalgleish (Uni)
- Keeghan Sefton (Souths)
- Luke Everson (Souths)
- Darcy Eason (Breakers)

All very talented footballers!
Point taken. But he would be playing premier grade currently for souths and easts at least, hence why souths made a play for him after the trial against each other.

And in regards to the 4 who missed out, that was purely because of better players in the position who were also playing prems (ie. placid, Greene, banks, McIntyre)

lunchboxhero

Frank Row (1)
Went out to Yoku road today to watch a one-sided affair between the mighty gallopers and the not so soaring Eagles.

GPS dominated almost every aspect of the game, forwards a few paces quicker and more urgent to the ball then Norths.
GPS counter-attack dominated a Norths kicking game
GPS offloading game also ran riot over a struggling Norths defence who's players only have eachother to blame always defending overlaps.
GPS set-piece made Norths #10 look lost in defence with GPS #10 taking the ball to the line every time and hitting somebody either inside or outside with a shortball

GPS standout players - no idea on names:
#2, #7, #10, #12 (this boy was the strongest looking on the field)

Norths struggled, were good when they strung together a few phases however GPS forwards were relentless at pilfering and simply would turn the ball over after a few phases.

Norths standout players - no idea on names:
#8, #12, #13 - The battle of 2 big centre pairings these two norths boys looked up to it. Particularly good job to shut down a hard running, damaging backline. If GPS #12 would break a tackle or have a good run, it was responded to well by the Norths centres by having their own good runs or forcing turnovers. These 3 players from Norths looked very competitive and solid however the rest of the team seems to be just not 'with it'. #8 did well, ran hard and looked dangerous with ball in hand.

Names would be great to recognise these players on their solid performances.

ikaletahi

Herbert Moran (7)
Point taken. But he would be playing premier grade currently for souths and easts at least, hence why souths made a play for him after the trial against each other.

And in regards to the 4 who missed out, that was purely because of better players in the position who were also playing prems (ie. placid, Greene, banks, McIntyre)

Sorry to barge in but there is absolutely NO WAY he would be playing premier grade for Easts or Souths.

If he was approached by Souths it would have been in a depth building capacity.

There is a snowflakes chance in hell that he would push out David Feao or Vanzati for a spot there and as for Easts, he wouldn't even lace up Parraka's boots and I couldnt see him pushing out Horomia either. In all honesty, QLD is somewhat blessed with a good bunch of looseheads, what it needs is more quality tightheads.

Sorry if this post is read as being a bit full on but I think this needed to be stated to keep this all in perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Sorry to barge in but there is absolutely NO WAY he would be playing premier grade for Easts or Souths.

If he was approached by Souths it would have been in a depth building capacity.

There is a snowflakes chance in hell that he would push out David Feao or Vanzati for a spot there and as for Easts, he wouldn't even lace up Parraka's boots and I couldnt see him pushing out Horomia either. In all honesty, QLD is somewhat blessed with a good bunch of looseheads, what it needs is more quality tightheads.

Sorry if this post is read as being a bit full on but I think this needed to be stated to keep this all in perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does Sam Richards make the easts premier team then? Ryan is twice the player he is and showed it today when outclassing Phil kite from GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.