• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
The Final Tally:
1 (=2) .-.-.NCWK ..-.. 4/4 ..37/48 .-.(-654 points) - 77.08%
=2 (=2).-.Sage .-..- -..4/4.. 46/60 .-..(-785 points) - 76.67%
=2 (1).-..-.Refabit..-.- .3/4.. 46/60..- .(-816 points) - 76.67%
3 (3) .-. HTC .-..-.-.4/4.-44/60.-.(-887 points)- 73.33%
4 (4)..-.. Phatmik..-.-..-3/4. -..28/40..-..(-640 points) - 70.00%
5 (5) .-..N Dobell..-. -/-.. ..15/24.. ..(-400 points) - 62.50%
6 (6)..-..New Rec. .-..-/-.-..17/28..- ..(-418 points) - 60.71%
Just happy to be out of the cellar and back with the "in crowd"...​

What's that I'm hearing....footsteps to the top step of the cellar door....entering the main bar! It's Phatmik!

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Count me in for the box. I like my steaks medium rare btw.

1 vs 2 (Bond vs Sunnybank)
Bond always seem to do enough to win without overly impressing. Having said that you only have to win and last week they put Wests away early then cruised. Bank well rested and last start winners over the flat track bullies. Plenty of penalties and set piece should suit Bond who don't even pass it wide at training drills. Less dropped ball that way apparently.
Bond by 7.

3 vs 4 (Brothers vs UQ)
I gambled all last week backing Easts to beat Brothers and let the silverware slip through the fingers as a result. Still not a believer - sorry sage. I will back the flat trackers to bring their big match experience to the fore.
UQ by 10.

Good to see Refabit.....no steak until you lift the CUP! Hopefully see you all out there.....might even have an amber one with a rum chaser....u never know.

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ah yes as we peer out over the wide blue yonder from my lofty perch at the end of the regular season I see bright futures and a minor premiership victory but the battle hath been won but the War still has to be scaled as we enter the final straights. I can't really get too many more clichés in there :)

My predictions for the weekend:
Bond by 5 over Sunnybank
Uni by 8 over Brothers

They are going to be tight games but with a stronger side coming towards the pointy end of the season I see it panning out as above.

Have a great weekend guys, school and club footy as well as the super rugby finals...best time of the year with the cream rising to the top.

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
Ah yes as we peer out over the wide blue yonder from my lofty perch at the end of the regular season I see bright futures and a minor premiership victory but the battle hath been won but the War still has to be scaled as we enter the final straights. I can't really get too many more clichés in there :)

My predictions for the weekend:
Bond by 5 over Sunnybank
Uni by 8 over Brothers

They are going to be tight games but with a stronger side coming towards the pointy end of the season I see it panning out as above.

Have a great weekend guys, school and club footy as well as the super rugby finals.best time of the year with the cream rising to the top.

Suitably impressed

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^^^^
Good luck NCWK, not too far from the truth in what has been said and congratulations once again ;) cliches and all!.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Just noticed that all 4 teams (Bond, The Bank, Brothers & UQ) will be contesting Prem Colts & Colts 1 this weekend. Congratulations to those clubs. If we look at Colts 2, 3 of the 4 teams (The Bank, Brothers & UQ) are in the finals.

Great future prospects for those clubs and some close rugby competitions to follow for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah well done Brothers. See you next week in the prelims Sage. Disappointing loss for Bond. Hope they are full strength next week.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
No punch from the Bond backs, lot of handling errors. Missing our halfback and both centre's. Sunnybank could have run amok but surprisingly didn't, SB fullback put the ball to toe most of the time instead of backing himself and would have scored a packet full.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Brothers played well through all the games. Found myself shouting for Brothers in the Prem game against UQ and no.... it was not me shouting "Well done Brothers" every 2 min from the main stands.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Brothers played well through all the games. Found myself shouting for Brothers in the Prem game against UQ and no.. it was not me shouting "Well done Brothers" every 2 min from the main stands.

Good one HTC. True gentleman.

Well you guys (Bond) stuffed up my prediction of a Bond v Brothers Grand Final (for Prem Colts) in one foul swoop..... back to the drawing board for my guesses.

Brother v Brother next week unfortunately.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I'll try and give a brief report on the game during the week. But I don't think there was a video. Come'on QRU.... There were no programs... No entry fee... Asleep at the wheel. Richard Barker needs to motivate the troops, me thinks.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Dont think mr barker is behind the reigns yet. I remember reading it would be 6 to 8 weeks before he was in position. Agreed re qru... i remember watching ccolts finals on live stream a couple years back. Whenever the dodgy "advantage cancelled" against brothers was - paddy james was in the side.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Week 1 MAJOR/MINOR SEMI-FINALS
Well what a weekend of footy we had this weekend. I was a little disappointed I couldn't watch the Bond v Bank game, sounded like a real nail-biter. Congratulations to The Bank in moving straight into the GF; I didn't think that would be, so I am eating that pie of pies right now....well done guys. For the Minor Semi a good win to Brothers. Whilst the margin was high it didn't feel like that during the game. Some of the guys came off the field and were surprised by the final score-line.
This week, double jeopardy rules were engaged and this resulted in no perfect scores. Three of us got 50% (Phatmik, Sage and HTC), whilst the other half resulted in no score. Like the semi's themselves, this is a tough game, with knock-out blows in abundance.​
Phatmik was the only true believer who pulled something from somewhere and picked the Dragons. Well done Phatmik (sorry to see Souths go down yesterday buddy, but glad to see your boy got a run, congratulate him for me!). The other points scored were for HTC and Sage for the Brothers win. The results have produced some change in the tally, with all concerned "copping it sweet in the neck" on our percentages.​
The Tally:
1 .-.(=2).-.--..-Sage .-..- -..2/4.-..-- 48/64 .-..(-857 points) - 75.00%
=2 (=2).-..-.Refabit..-.- .0/4..--. 46/64..- .(-918 points) - 71.88%
=2 (3) .-..- HTC .-..-.2/4.--.-46/64.-.(-951 points)- 71.88%
3 ..-.(1).--. .-.-.NCWK ..-.-. 0/4 -...-..37/52 .-.(-748 points) - 71.15%
4 (4).--...-.-. Phatmik..-.-..-2/4. -..30/44..-..(-718 points) - 68.18%
5 (5) .--...--..N Dobell..-. -/-.------. ..15/24.. ..(-400 points) - 62.50%
6 (6)..---..--..New Rec. .-..-..-0/4-.-.17/32..- ..(-522 points) - 53.13%
The points difference was close again, even though the Brothers result caused a major league "melt-down". For the second week in a row HTC has won the points difference with -64. Well done mate! This was followed by Sage on -72 and Phatmik on -78.
THE HONOUR BOARD
MINOR PREMIER: NCWK
POINTS DIFFERENCE CHAMP: Sage -13.08 per game
(Regular Season)
RECORD LOW POINTS DIFF: HTC and Phatmik with -17
We have one Grand Finalist in The Bank, who will be the other contender? Keep your views, updates and tips coming in, there all appreciated. Remember this week we will have "quadruple jeopardy" the win being worth 4 points and the points difference multiplied by 4.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Must apologise to the QRU on the video... There is one ofc. Now for the program's please.

I'll watch the Brothers v UQ Prem Colts game tonight. Give a short report tomorrow hopefully. Also give you an update on the Brothers injuries, if any. Tell you now that a few are fairly sore today.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bond 9 (hamstring) and 13 (shoulder) are still in doubt for the Preliminary Finals and will possibly not play this weekend against Brothers.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^^^
Not good to hear that HTC.

Brothers are fairly battered n bruised at this stage. Will update the injury problems, if any, on Thursday after training. No major injuries to report to date, however #7 thigh strain/shoulder, #10 sore shoulders and #3 black eye (always good to have ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.