• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD COLTS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Just using Brother's as an example, their whole loose forward unit would change. Wilson, Mcreight, Skelton

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Tipping time:

Norths V Brothers: Brothers to win, though Norths will be smarting after last weeks loss and will put up a good fight. Brothers by 3 tries at least.
Souths V Sunnybank: If Sunnybank are to make the finals this is a must win game. Souths to win easily though with players returning. Souths by 18.
Logan V Bond: Are Logan still in the comp? (note the question mark) If Logan turn up, Bond will still win by 30.
GPS V UNI: Both teams sore and sorry after last week. No team lists up yet so UNI to win this by 16.
Wests V Easts: Called it earlier, but West have thrown a spanner in the works resting (injured) players. Should not matter, West by 22.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Tipping time:

Norths V Brothers: Brothers to win, though Norths will be smarting after last weeks loss and will put up a good fight. Brothers by 3 tries at least.
Souths V Sunnybank: If Sunnybank are to make the finals this is a must win game. Souths to win easily though with players returning. Souths by 18.
Logan V Bond: Are Logan still in the comp? (note the question mark) If Logan turn up, Bond will still win by 30.
GPS V UNI: Both teams sore and sorry after last week. No team lists up yet so UNI to win this by 16.
Wests V Easts: Called it earlier, but West have thrown a spanner in the works resting (injured) players. Should not matter, West by 22.

Agree with all of them Seems to be a pretty straight forward week of tipping. Although who can tell. the only potential upset is the Bank over Souths.

Logan are still in the comp both Colts teams played and not surprisingly got spanked. I believe the 2nd grade were late for the game and as a result all grades forfeit. Not sure of the comp rules.

rugbyGod42069

Frank Row (1)
Wests are the real deal don't sleep on em boiiiii same with logan tough season so far but loads of talent just waiting to be released

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Some interesting results from the weekend.

1/ Wests dominated Easts in the first Half. Having watched the their game, I would humbly suggest (happy to be wrong, no one likes the filth) that they will need to be a lot better to beat brothers. I know this will upset some people and I Hope I am wrong, but I think brothers might win on the weekend in the clash of the season so far by 20-30 points.

2/ Sunnybank, some one tipped this upset, great job tipster

3/ Souths are I would suggest a little susceptible in fourth spot after a slip on the weekend.

4/ Uni plodding along well.

5/ Watch out for Bond making a run over the second part of the season

6/ WTF has happened to GPS

7/ Brothers big win over an improving Norths, bit surprised when I saw that result on rugby link

Discuss!!!!

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I think all results are to be taken with a grain of salt at this stage of the year.
The good teams do enough to make the last 6 or so games a fight for the finals
The better teams secure themselves a place in the finals early.
I think you'll find both Brothers and Wests have had injuries in their sides but have still found a way to win-a perfect recipe.

It's more important teams start to get their cattle back on the ground in the later half of the year to get their combinations up and running for the finals.
I find the line 'they have lots of injuries' one which reflects a.) on luck but also b.) support staff and recovery processes

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
So nearing the end of the 1st round of fixtures, I thought id have a stab at some players who will be pushing for selection in the Brisbane City and Queensland Country u/19 NRC teams. Some of the below names will push themselves into opens NRC im sure.

Props: Liam Usher (Brothers), Clinton Malolua (Wests), Laurence Tominiko (Sunnybank), Lloyd Gorman (Sunnybank), Rhys Van Nek (Souths), Josh Nasser (Uni), Egan Siggs (Brothers),

Hooker: Joe Cotton (Wests), Theo Fourie (Souths), Eugene Koorts (Brothers),

Locks: Michael Wood (Brothers), Will Dearden (Wests), Ben Paxton-Hall (Uni), Victor Tualima (Sunnybank),

Backrow: Harry Wilson (Brothers), Lachlan Connors (Bond), Seamus Tweedy (Uni), John Yates (Uni), Tom Kibble (GPS), Alex Smit (Wests), Cam Howard (Wests), Brodie Woodward (Brothers), Fraser McReight (Brothers),

Halfback: Phoenix Hunt (Easts), Isaac Tarabay (Brothers), Liam Prendergast (Norths), Billy Rutherford (Souths),

Flyhalf: Isaac Henry (Wests), Bradley Twidale (Uni),

Wing: Shea Lalagavesi (Wests), Viliami Lea (Souths),

Centre: Cooper Whiteside (Wests), Isaac Lucas (Sunnybank),

Fullback: Finn McKee (Norths), Max Dowd (Bond), Will Feeney (Sunnybank), Byron Ralston (Brothers), Josh Russell (Uni),

thought? Who have I missed off this list, I know theres a heap

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I'd add the Aussie 7s and age group 7s boys to your list.
Jeral Skelton (Brothers), Mitchell Wood (Wests), Zac Steer (Wests), Braydon Law (GPS)

The real Wally

Frank Nicholson (4)
Of the teams I have seen play this year I would also throw into the mix Neal McNamara, Halfback (Sunnybank) and Soloman Stone, Centre (Souths). I think you want centres that can make breaks and I am not sure whether Whiteside does enough of hitting the line. Not saying he is not a good player. I just think you will need centres that can run lines and make breaks. The two named are more second pivots.

If history is anything to go on I suspect most of the team have already been selected based on previous efforts and identification. I hope that some players get opportunities that have previously not been part of a so called development squad or under age Rep side. That will provide kids that are on the edges and not been given a chance at higher level some encouragement and incentive. Proof that hard work and playing well is acknowleged not simply what school you went to or whether your name was known before.

I know it is probably a pipe dream but for the benefit of rugby in general there needs to be acknowledgement that players develop physically and mentally at different times. Just because you made a team once should not mean you are a walk up start for the next team. It is interesting to see the club sides that are making full use of the broader squads and not just rely on a select group of players to see out the season. From what I hear from various clubs there is little player development or feedback given to most colts players. I suspect there are many Colts 1 players thinking they are no chance of being dropped to Colts 2 and many Colts 2 players believing that they are little chance of getting a run with the Colts 1 teams. I know it is a hard job for all coaches but surely once we have broken the shackles of School Rugby the process and goal for a club is to develop long term quality Premier grade and upwards players. This would be improved if players were provided feedback and development at the Colts level. There is clearly a few clubs doing this well and it is reflected in the results.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I'd take out the guys who will play the actual NRC, so that's Lucas (Sunnybank), McReight (Brothers) and possibly Wilson (Brothers)

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
The question I have is how is eligibility for Country and City teams determined?

Some others to add

Locks - Matt Munday (Brothers)

Half - Hughes (Wests)

Flyhalf - Harry Leerentveld (Souths)

Centre - Hudson Creighton (Brothers), Tristan Stanghon (Brothers), Ned Stevens (Wests)

Wing - Koen Dovey (Uni)

Fullback - Nathan Carroll (Brothers)

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I've added some names to the list

Props: Liam Usher (Brothers), Clinton Malolua (Wests), Laurence Tominiko (Sunnybank), Lloyd Gorman (Sunnybank), , Josh Nasser (Uni), Egan Siggs (Brothers), Jed Chapman (GPS)

Hooker: Joe Cotton (Wests), Theo Fourie (Souths), Eugene Koorts (Brothers), Rhys Van Nek (Souths)

Locks: Michael Wood (Brothers), Will Dearden (Wests), Ben Paxton-Hall (Uni), Victor Tualima (Sunnybank), Mitch Wood (Wests), Charlie Round (Wests), Matt Munday (Brothers)

Backrow: Harry Wilson (Brothers), Lachlan Connors (Bond), Seamus Tweedy (Uni), John Yates (Uni), Tom Kibble (GPS), Alex Smit (Wests), Cam Howard (Wests), Brodie Woodward (Brothers), Fraser McReight (Brothers), Braydn Law (GPS), Jeral Skelton (Brothers), Lone Tietie (Logan City), Harry Webster (Easts), Hayden Moseley (Wests), Ollie Shepherd (Wests)

Halfback: Phoenix Hunt (Easts), Isaac Tarabay (Brothers), Liam Prendergast (Norths), Billy Rutherford (Souths), Neal McNamara (Sunnybank), Tony Raoren (Logan City)

Flyhalf: Isaac Henry (Wests), Bradley Twidale (Uni), Jacob Prideaux (Norths), Harry Leerentveldt (Souths), Mosiah Christian (Logan City), Henry Lennon (Brothers)

Wing: Shea Lalagavesi (Wests), Viliami Lea (Souths),Zac Steer (Wests), Liam Matenga (Easts), Finn Mounsey (Wests), Jarred Chambers (Logan City)
Centre: Cooper Whiteside (Wests), Isaac Lucas (Sunnybank), Tristan Stanghorn (Brothers), Elijiah Kefu (Souths)

Fullback: Finn McKee (Norths), Max Dowd (Bond), Will Feeney (Sunnybank), Byron Ralston (Brothers), Josh Russell (Uni),

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
The question I have is how is eligibility for Country and City teams determined?

Some others to add

Locks - Matt Munday (Brothers)

Half - Hughes (Wests)

Flyhalf - Harry Leerentveld (Souths)

Centre - Hudson Creighton (Brothers), Tristan Stanghon (Brothers), Ned Stevens (Wests)

Wing - Koen Dovey (Uni)

Fullback - Nathan Carroll (Brothers)

Yeah I added Munday, Leerentveld and Stanghorn. Backrow will be extremely competitive as will the halves, plenty of depth there. Centres are a funny one with no real standouts besides the Brothers pairing

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Just for a bit of fun I've decided Brisbane City will be made up of Easts, UQ, Brothers, Norths and GPS while Queensland Country will be Wests, Souths, Sunnybank, Bond and Logan City.

Brisbane City:
Props: Liam Usher (Brothers), Josh Nasser (Uni), Egan Siggs (Brothers), Jed Chapman (GPS)

Hooker: Eugene Koorts (Brothers)

Locks: Michael Wood (Brothers) Ben Paxton-Hall (Uni), Matt Munday (Brothers)

Backrow: Harry Wilson (Brothers), Seamus Tweedy (Uni), John Yates (Uni), Tom Kibble (GPS), ABrodie Woodward (Brothers), Fraser McReight (Brothers), Jeral Skelton (Brothers), Braydn Laws (GPS), Harry Webster (Easts)

Halfback: Phoenix Hunt (Easts), Isaac Tarabay (Brothers), Liam Prendergast (Norths)

Flyhalf: Bradley Twidale (Uni), Henry Lennon (Brothers), Jacob Prideaux (Norths)

Wing: Koen Dovey (Uni), Liam Matenga (Easts)

Centre: Hudson Creighton (Brothers), Tristan Stanhorn (Brothers)

Fullback: Finn McKee (Norths), Byron Ralston (Brothers), Josh Russell (Uni)

The real Wally

Frank Nicholson (4)
A lot depends on the club the player is at and the opportunity to play and be seen. I would suggest that some players identified would find themselves playing Colts 2 at a different club and not be seen at all. This then suggests that there are some good players running around in Colts 2 at the stronger clubs eg Brothers.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Queensland Country:

Props: Clinton Malolua (Wests), Laurence Tominiko (Sunnybank), Lloyd Gorman (Sunnybank), Prynce-Romeo Taugaele (Wests)
Hooker: Joe Cotton (Wests), Theo Fourie (Souths), Rhys Van Nek (Souths)

Locks: Will Dearden (Wests), Victor Tualima (Sunnybank), Mitch Wood (Wests), Charlie Round (Wests)

Backrow: Lachlan Connors (Bond), Alex Smit (Wests), Cam Howard (Wests), Nathan Marshall (Sunnybank), Ollie Shepherd (Wests), Hayden Moseley (Wests), Lone Tietie (Logan City), Xavier Vela (Souths)

Halfback: Billy Rutherford (Souths), Nick Hughes (Wests), Tony Raoren (Logan City), Neal McNamara (Sunnybank)

Flyhalf: Isaac Henry (Wests), Harry Leerentveldt (Souths), Mosiah Christian (Logan City)

Wing: Shea Lalagavesi (Wests), Viliami Lea (Souths), Zac Steer (Wests), Finn Mounsey (Wests), Jarred Chambers (Logan City)

Centre: Cooper Whiteside (Wests), Isaac Lucas (Sunnybank), Elijiah Kefu (Souths), Alex Gow (Souths)

Fullback: Max Dowd (Bond), Will Feeney (Sunnybank),

The real Wally

Frank Nicholson (4)
Very strong brisbane City potentially.
Gow at Souths will potentially be back in Colts 2 when Soloman Stone returns from injury. Souths also have an Aussie School Boy returning from injury who played centres for BBC last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.