1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2019

Discussion in 'Club Rugby' started by rugbysthewinner, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Oldschool Charlie Fox (21)

If its the boy I'm thinking of, I see he's made the URC squad again this year and after playing a full year of Colts 1 he'll be better for it.
    Good luck to him, I hope he goes one step further.
  2. Dark Shark Dave Cowper (27)

Is Emosi Tuqiri eligible for Junior Wallabies next year after playing for Fiji u20’s this year?
  3. Brisbane Boys Peter Burge (5)

Should be I don't think under 20's is a capture squad
    Jimmy_Crouch and RugbyReg like this.
  4. steveadams12 Stan Wickham (3)

Which boys from this years colts group should we expect to potentially see at next years JWC
  5. Shungmao Stan Wickham (3)

You think. both U18 head coaches from Brothers, no application process made public to other candidates.
  6. Dark Shark Dave Cowper (27)

Hardly any based on last year. Only Van Nek and Lucas (who was a late inclusion) were selected from the two Qld URC teams who were both Grand Finalists. Then out of regular Colts players (more than 3 games) only Joe Cotton was the other inclusion.
    Oldschool likes this.
  7. Oldschool Charlie Fox (21)

Any player who qualifies for the U20's currently playing in the NRC in their respective positions would be ahead of the equivalent URC lad. Hooker and front row in general still an issue, so I expect a few more this year...hopefully
  8. Roberts Rugby Billy Sheehan (19)

What’s happening with Ralston. Is he signed with the Force? Is Kibble eligible?
    I think Ralston, Flook, Creighton and Roach may be called in the initial squad. Looking at the numbers in the initial squad from last year, there will be a few. That was ridiculous.
  9. Roberts Rugby Billy Sheehan (19)

Forgot. Carter Gordon should secure the 10 position.
    Hound and SouthernX like this.
  10. Dark Shark Dave Cowper (27)

Kibble eligible. But has some serious rehab to be done over next 6 months if reports are correct about him having shoulder surgery recently.

I would also add in Cooper Whiteside to the potential list.
    Roberts Rugby likes this.
  11. Mike Bishop Bob McCowan (2)

Any news on any boys in the Aus baabaas side?
  12. HJ Nelson Cyril Towers (30)

The Nomad likes this.
  13. steveadams12 Stan Wickham (3)

Did anyone watch the games from the URC in Canberra? Who from city and country should we expect to see in the junior wallabies squad?
  14. TheKing Colin Windon (37)

15. PPRugby Frank Row (1)

Who do we have as the early Top 4 Contenders?

My thoughts;

1) Brothers
    2) UQ
    3) Sunnybank
    4) Souths

GPS/Bond could also force their way in.
  16. The Nomad Syd Malcolm (24)

With Colts being U20's next year , it's hard to see the top 4 changing much from this year.

Guess it depends on how many end up playing senior footy instead of another year of Colts.

Will obviously be harder to the lads straight out of school to get a spot in Colts 1 .
  17. Happyman Larry Dwyer (12)

I think it will depend largely on how many boys progress onto Senior footy rather that stay the extra year in Colts.

I cannot see Bond or GPS moving up the ladder as both were poor last year.

Wests are the club that could move up as this year you will be looking for clubs that are going to mature rather than the School boy superstars. I predict that this year will be the one where clubs will build on last year rather than move dramatically.

Word is UQ have recruited very hard as they don't like where they have gone over the last two years.
    Brothers are very well organised and have the northside pretty well sorted getting the majority of Nudgee and GT.
    Souths have recruited pretty hard but have the provenance winning both colts 1 and 2 last year.
    Sunnybank I expect to drop as I think they have had a change of coach.
    Wests are working hard on recruitment and are building
    Bond have all of the ingredients but just cannot seem to bake the cake.
    Easts are struggling to get meaningful numbers
    Norths are trying hard but cannot seem to compete with Brothers
    GPS to struggle the biggest issue that have is unless you are from Ashgrove it is difficult to get to so are my pick with Norths for the spoon.
  18. TheKing Colin Windon (37)

RugbyReg likes this.