• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country - official NRC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bloody hell. Crucial injuries to the Country team:

Following last week’s match in Toowoomba, Country have lost Chris Feauai-Sautia (shoulder) and Scott Gale (Knee) for the remainder of the NRC, as well as young-flyer Izaia Perese, who suffered a significant knee-injury which is likely to keep him sidelined for up to eight-months.

CFS (despite average form) and Perese, on the back of JJT, is just terrible for Country's chances of a 2nd half of the season resurgence.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
"Significant knee injury which is like to keep him sidelined for up to eight months."

Why don't they just say he tore his ACL?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
A patella or quad tendon tear would be up there BH, or a patella fracture or a number of other things. The ACL is just by far the most common of a gamut of serious knee injuries.

But yeah that is fucking terrible news about Chris Sautia and Scott Gale. The Reds will be in trouble if Chris needs a recon and they can't find a solid replacement for Scotty (who is clearly duking it out with Tuttle to be 2nd choice 9)

B

Bobby Sands

Tuttle will be better than Gale, but obviously much better if they are both healthy. Chris :(:(:(

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Did anyone see the Vikings first try after oranges last night? Sam Greene was defending at the front of the lineout ! (hooker?). Quick ball off the top to the Vikings, full shift left - breakdown - quick recycle and straight line run through the 10 channel for a try, while Greene was still trying to get across from the lineout to organise the defensive line. Whose idea was that play ?? Am I missing something ?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It's a fairly standard play. Hooker goes into the main lineout, Openside moves into the backs to try and shut down the first phase of play off set piece ball.

It can go very wrong, as you're saying, but it's obviously statistically successful enough for coaches to risk it time and time again.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Thanks H35. First time I have really noticed. Had to watch replay a couple of times to verify. Would think fairly astute attack coaching to move play quickly outside of midfield backrower to bring him in and then directly attack first channel from phase. Vikings coaching 1 Country coaching nil.

T

TOCC

I haven't watched enough of QLD Country, but does Sam Greene always defend in the first channel or do they push him out to the wing?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reckon Brad Thorn will be more forceful at the selection table this year.

Potential team:

15 Tuttle
14 Nabuli (or perhaps he goes to City and Perese starts)
13 Magnay
12 Duncan P
11 CFS
10 Mason
9 Tuttle

8 Houston (assume he won't be a Wallaby)
7 Mitchell
6 McLean
5 Rodda
4 Tui
3 Faagase / Thor
2 Mafi
1 Daley / Thor

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It seems to me that Mason has a similar game style to Jake Mc but possibly a bit better at game management. Hopefully, he will come on in future a bit quicker than Jake has.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Reckon Brad Thorn will be more forceful at the selection table this year.

Potential team:

15 Tuttle
14 Nabuli (or perhaps he goes to City and Perese starts)
13 Magnay
12 Duncan P
11 CFS
10 Mason
9 Tuttle

8 Houston (assume he won't be a Wallaby)
7 Mitchell
6 McLean
5 Rodda
4 Tui
3 Faagase / Thor
2 Mafi
1 Daley / Thor

Thor MUST be at 3.

The Reds need to demand this for the good of the Reds. I also for the same reason would have Duncan P at 10.

I thinks Perese will be this seasons Ballymore kid if it is running again. He is an exciting talent

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
You'll see a lot more of those u20 guys featuring more heavily over some of the older Prem guys IMO.

Maclean, Hockings, Scottyoung, Wright, Asiati, Taylor, Nucifora, Sorovi, Mcnamara etc. Not all of them would be Country but plenty to go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.