• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country - official NRC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Queensland Country side to face Canberra Vikings:

1. Sef Fa’agase - University of Queensland, Beaudesert

2. Alex Mafi - Bond University, Mt. Isa

3. Fred Burke - GPS

4. Izack Rodda (VC) - Easts

5. Harry Hockings - University of Queensland, Bowen*

6. Angus Scott-Young - University of Queensland

7. Liam Wright - Easts

8. Caleb Timu – Souths*

9. James Tuttle - GPS

10. Hamish Stewart - Bond University, Toowoomba*

11. Eto Nabuli - GPS

12. Duncan Paia’aua (C) - Norths, Rockhampton

13. Chris Feauai-Sautia - Souths

14. Izaia Perese - Easts

15. Patrick James – Brothers***

Reserves

16. Alex Casey - Souths

17. Richie Asiata - Easts

18. Taniela Tupou - Brothers

19. Angus Blyth - Bond University, Gold Coast**

20. Ted Postal - Brothers, Townsville

21. Scott Malolua - Souths

22. Teti Tela - Souths

23. Veresa Mataitini - Norths **

*Denotes NRC and Queensland Country debut

**Denotes potential NRC and Queensland Country debut

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Has the makings of a strong side - although I thought last years team looked strong at first too. Vickings will be a big challenge first up. Hopefully that all the talk of Thorn's focus on defence shows up on the field.

It'll be good to see Hamish Stewart & Caleb Timu get some time.

Biggest questions will be how the youngsters like Hockings, Wright & Scott-Young step up & which CFS will turn up.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm looking forward to see an improved defencive effort from them. It should be easy geven their performance last year.

T

TOCC

4 of those backs aren't renowned defenders, so yeah will require a bit improvement, but it's needed... il be happy if they only improve their defensive technique and nothing else this season

Runhardhithard

Frank Row (1)
4th highest point scorer in premier div for the dogs the go to man and defensively aggressive and safe , experience in premier div 8+ years according to sauce and no run? WOW
Eddie Fidow makes his debut for city runs in 3 tries, Filipo Daugunu possibly hardest runner and defender about still training? WOW

Runhardhithard

Frank Row (1)
Great depth for this competition making NRC stronger with the experience of new recruits to the comp should we lose some to Wallabies duties

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Let's hope big Brad Thorn coaches them to a win this week.

It is important for him, moving forward in the professional coaching ranks to have a successful team.

T

TOCC

Bond Uni won’t be hosting a QLD Country NRC semi-final, QRU dictate where the finals matches are held and are apparently leaning towards Ballymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from yesterday

Flickr
or
Facebook

37301234724_51c612c666_c_d.jpg

38021643731_dfd415f6cf_c_d.jpg

26245639389_f012912907_c_d.jpg

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Richie Arnold is looking the goods, I believe. Has excellent ball skills, seems to love the tough stuff, and most importantly really looks to be enjoying himself out on the pitch. Don't think he is far behind Rory atm.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Congrats to Queensland Country on a magnificent year.

Tongan Thor and Daugunu were easily my best forward/best back combo in a team full of players who excelled.

lets hope Brad Thorns magic rubs over on the Queensland Reds in 2018

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Nothing wrong with your picks SouthernX - but why stop there.

For mine Paia’aua was the most influential guy on the field most games I saw. He really does seem to have found his groove.

And very keen to see Timu turn out in Red next year. There is plenty to like about guys like Naisarani, Valetini & Dempsey but I wonder if Timu might not just be the pick of them.

Must say I like the look of Blythe too. I know he got pulled up a couple of times yesterday for a couple of penalties. But he looks a real goer.

Status
Not open for further replies.