• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country - official NRC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Thorn and caroza coached the under 20 together. They are just keeping the team together. Think you're barking up the wrong tree here.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Interesting, I like Country more than City this year.

A team like:
1. Faagase
2. Mafi
3. Tupou
4. Rodda
5. Simmons
6. Timu
7. Wright
8. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) / Postal (?)
9. Tuttle
10. Stewart
11. Nabuli
12. Paia'aua
13. Magnay
14. Perese
15. ?

A very strong starting team on paper (edit: likely none of those to be missing on Wallabies duty too). Maybe potentially missing a bit of size in the backrow.

Aru has released magnay :( off to japan with higs

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I understand him on peanuts at the Reds. At the start of 2017. I dont get it at the preseason to 2018.

My understanding it was a peanut 3 year deal with no ARU interest, so he will go to japan again in 18/19, then he will play Super Rugby in 2019 again...and that'll be it as a 33 yr old

T

TOCC

Interesting, I like Country more than City this year.

A team like:
1. Faagase
2. Mafi
3. Tupou
4. Rodda
5. Simmons
6. Timu
7. Wright
9. Tuttle
10. Stewart
11. Nabuli
12. Paia'aua
13. Magnay
14. Perese
15. ?

A very strong starting team on paper (edit: likely none of those to be missing on Wallabies duty too). Maybe potentially missing a bit of size in the backrow.

Pretty hard to argue with most of that, from that team list i think Hutchinson should be starting 15 based on QPR form, and without Magnay i expect that they will play Perese in the centres, although i dont think its his best position.

A team like:
1. Faagase
2. Mafi
3. Tupou
4. Rodda
5. Simmons
6. Timu
7. Wright
9. Tuttle
10. Stewart
11. Nabuli
12. Paia'aua
13. Perese
14. Campbell
15. Hutchinson

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
TOCC, between this side and the Brisbane City side, you have included all three Qld locks who are part of the Wallabies reduced squad. Is there a problem with that?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If they aren't playing Wallabies then they should be in the NRC squads, Cheika has said as much

Yeah, but they are the three backups to the starting two locks at the Wallabies. At least one will be in the game day 23 and maybe two or all three will remain in the squad in case of injury in the pre-game warm up. Just saying that it it unreasonable to suggest all three will front up in the NRC. One at the most I'd say.

T

TOCC

Yeah, but they are the three backups to the starting two locks at the Wallabies. At least one will be in the game day 23 and maybe two or all three will remain in the squad in case of injury in the pre-game warm up. Just saying that it it unreasonable to suggest all three will front up in the NRC. One at the most I'd say.

These teams are just hypothetical....

I would suggest it's unreasonable not to expect the Wallabies squad to evolve over the coming month as players find form(or lose it) and as injuries impact on the squads at Wallaby and NRC level.

None of us can predict the future, but what I do know is that the current wallabies squad won't be the same one which finishes the rugby championship, make of that what you will.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Magnay doesn't have an ARU top up contract, he is contracted to the QRU only. If I was the QRU I'd be saying "fuck off you can leave when your contract ends on December 1"

T

TOCC

Magnay doesn't have an ARU top up contract, he is contracted to the QRU only. If I was the QRU I'd be saying "fuck off you can leave when your contract ends on December 1"

All Super Rugby contacted players are part of the ARU/RUPA enterprise bargaining agreement, subsequently ARU do sign off on all contracts.

As for Magnay, Reds want him back in 2018, its the ARU who are standing in the way. But if he is leaving, it serves no purpose to stand in his way, can't treat your employees badly otherwise it reverberates across the organisation.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think best XV would be:

1. Sef Fa'agase
2. Alex Mafi
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Rob Simmons
5. Izack Rodda (Depending on wallabies)
6. Angus Scott-Young
7. Liam Wright
8. Caleb Timu
9. James Tuttle