• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doc

Refabit said:
Mr Walker - very experienced whistler

One huge benefit for GT is if TSS start running away with it (or GT) Rod will bring them back with penalties. He loves an even contest.

He is also a stickler for the rules which will be good.

R

rugbywhisperer

Doc said:
Refabit said:
One huge benefit for GT is if TSS start running away with it (or GT) Rod will bring them back with penalties. He loves an even contest.

Rod had a good game. I have always thought him better than the rest. No nonsense and rarely disputable calls - a good ref.

D

Doc

rugbywhisperer said:
Doc said:
Refabit said:

Rod had a good game. I have always thought him better than the rest. No nonsense and rarely disputable calls - a good ref.

Actually thought overall he was alright but he was very inconsistent. Pinged GT flankers about 3 time for not binding, then simply warned tss. Also pinged Slipper late for something he did all game. And his interpretation of 'last feet' is way off.

The day showed that TSS simply aren't as good as they should be. I've seen them twice this year ACGS and GT and very underwhelmed in both cases. They will still probably win the comp, but given the 'resources' they have they should be alot better. Next week vs BSHS will be an absolute cracker.

R

rugbywhisperer

Dear Doc,
I have to agree, TSS today were a disaster. If ever a team was shooting themselves in the foot it is them.
I do understand the 'staff' had "serious not to be confused"words with a few players after the game re;
a: 6 bombed tries, 3 held up but three significantly snuffed through greed and avarice with unopposed attackers and a tryline within 10m,
b: woeful handling by some inside backs,
c: indiscriminate kicking with no effective result,
d: general selfishness when general teamwork was the order of the play.
At the end of the day GT looked far better than they should have looked due to the TSS ineptness in certain areas.
TSS at the moment are their own worst enemy and will have to do some serious deep soul searching if they are to overcome State High next week - at Fursden Rd which in itself is a daunting task at the best of times.

D

Doc

rugbywhisperer said:
Dear Doc,
I have to agree, TSS today were a disaster. If ever a team was shooting themselves in the foot it is them.
I do understand the 'staff' had "serious not to be confused"words with a few players after the game re;
a: 6 bombed tries, 3 held up but three significantly snuffed through greed and avarice with unopposed attackers and a tryline within 10m,
b: woeful handling by some inside backs,
c: indiscriminate kicking with no effective result,
d: general selfishness when general teamwork was the order of the play.
At the end of the day GT looked far better than they should have looked due to the TSS ineptness in certain areas.
TSS at the moment are their own worst enemy and will have to do some serious deep soul searching if they are to overcome State High next week - at Fursden Rd which in itself is a daunting task at the best of times.

I must also say that I haven't seen a defensive display like GT in the last 20 minutes in a long time. I don't think TSS will be held to 0 in a half again this year and while they certainly didn't play well, GT stood up and played well above their weight. TSS certainly bombed tries but every single one of them involved a great tackle by a GT player.

Would love to get a copy of the game to watch again, might see if any of my contacts at the schools can forward one on.

R

rugbywhisperer

TSS certainly bombed tries but every single one of them involved a great tackle by a GT player.

What has really angered TSS people is that not all the bombed tries were due to defence. And Terrace defence was great.
Thrice the line was open, less than 15 m away with an overlap and thrice greed and white line fever took hold. The players are a team yet one player continually cannot help himself and the staff are at witts end. They now conced they cannot train it out of him.
There is no excuse whatsoever when having an undefended overlap to go alone - none, and it cost three tries.

D

Doc

What has really angered TSS people is that not all the bombed tries were due to defence. And Terrace defence was great.
Thrice the line was open, less than 15 m away with an overlap and thrice greed and white line fever took hold. The players are a team yet one player continually cannot help himself and the staff are at witts end. They now conced they cannot train it out of him.
There is no excuse whatsoever when having an undefended overlap to go alone - none, and it cost three tries.

Mate,
I know which lad you are speaking of. Sooked that he never got the ball and when he did bombed the pies. If I was coaching he'd be in 2nds next week no questions asked.

One thing that really disappointed me from TSS, and this comes from my 'coaching' point of view, is that the TSS coach continually ran onto the field.

R

rugbywhisperer

Mate,
I know which lad you are speaking of. Sooked that he never got the ball and when he did bombed the pies. If I was coaching he'd be in 2nds next week no questions asked.
One thing that really disappointed me from TSS, and this comes from my 'coaching' point of view, is that the TSS coach continually ran onto the field.

It wasn't the coach - it was trainer/physio - pretence of treating injuries.
The coach is always behind the dead ball line with another on the sidelines.

T

TheTruth

Mate,

Doc, feeling from GT camp was that the TSS backline was very very average - from 9-15 - supposed gun wingers did nothing abd one lad bombed 2 tries just from being greedy. Only thing that keep TSS in touch (and just ahead) was their forward display. Greedy winger should be in 3rds and not 2nds - better get on the program TSS or State will kick the daylights out of you

R

rugbywhisperer

Average - it was outright crap.
If you had ever seen it running with full potential you would agree, however it did not perform at all last weekend. Nudgee knows of ots potential and kept the ball from it and when it got the ball it pounced exceptionally well -again except for one greedy episode.
Against Terrace there was total brain fade - passing from the halfback was ordinary at best and very slow, the Flyhalf passing was all over the place, 12 repeatedly did cut ins that Terrace were on to and gained no ground, 11 - what can you say, 15, again, no where near his usual gain when he runs and repeatedly lost the ball, passes to the wingers were all over the place, 14 had to ho high jumps twice in order to catch passes way over his head, he also was left empty handed twice with the line open.
Lets just say coach and those interested were and still aren't happy at all.

T

TheTruth

Average - it was outright crap.
If you had ever seen it running with full potential you would agree, however it did not perform at all last weekend. Nudgee knows of ots potential and kept the ball from it and when it got the ball it pounced exceptionally well -again except for one greedy episode.
Against Terrace there was total brain fade - passing from the halfback was ordinary at best and very slow, the Flyhalf passing was all over the place, 12 repeatedly did cut ins that Terrace were on to and gained no ground, 11 - what can you say, 15, again, no where near his usual gain when he runs and repeatedly lost the ball, passes to the wingers were all over the place, 14 had to ho high jumps twice in order to catch passes way over his head, he also was left empty handed twice with the line open.
Lets just say coach and those interested were and still aren't happy at all.

we will see if backs put it together play, like a team, without being selfish - one day they may do that and other team will be blown away - trouble is that season is 1/2 over already and with the amount of trial games available to all teams they sould be now playing to their potential - is that kids fault or coaching staff or BOTH

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
BSHS 45 TSS 20

Wow, this was the big game of the season and TSS got towelled.

I didn't see this of course, but by all reports the TSS effort was inept for the 2nd game in a row. BSHS played well and played to the strength of their midfield, 12 Petaia and 13 Feauai.

For any non-Qld GPS fans out there look out for young Chris Feauai when he leaves school. He started for Oz schools last year on the wing at age 15 but apparently he is killing them at outside centre this season. Another BSHS player who had a blinder and bears watching in the furture is Curtis Browning who should play 8 as a senior. He played for Oz A last year when he was in Year 10.

But I digress

Apparently TSS had a lot of problems with their 9/10/12 play and the ball hardly ever got to their best player, winger Lindsay Crook. Then, when he got a chance to shine the fullback hogged the ball too much with Crook in support.

I will miss the Oz Schools tournament for the 1st time in years because in Brisbane. But folks up there will have a grand time watching Crook and Feauai, though I wonder what position young Chris will play.

R

rugbywhisperer

BSHS 45 TSS 20

Wow, this was the big game of the season and TSS got towelled.

I didn't see this of course, but by all reports the TSS effort was inept for the 2nd game in a row. BSHS played well and played to the strength of their midfield, 12 Petaia and 13 Feauai.
For any non-Qld GPS fans out there look out for young Chris Feauai when he leaves school. He started for Oz schools last year on the wing at age 15 but apparently he is killing them at outside centre this season. Another BSHS player who had a blinder and bears watching in the furture is Curtis Browning who should play 8 as a senior. He played for Oz A last year when he was in Year 10.
But I digress
Apparently TSS had a lot of problems with their 9/10/12 play and the ball hardly ever got to their best player, winger Lindsay Crook. Then, when he got a chance to shine the fullback hogged the ball too much with Crook in support.
I will miss the Oz Schools tournament for the 1st time in years because in Brisbane. But folks up there will have a grand time watching Crook and Feauai, though I wonder what position young Chris will play.
Chris Sautia showed what class he is and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the 13 jersey for Qld. Curtis is improving tremendously and when he teams with young Slipper it will be dynamic up front. If the gods are in a good mood Sautia at 13 Crook at 14 or 15 and the angels will sing glorious praise.
A lot of angst at TSS this week following the game that really shouldn’t have happened but we shall not dwell on spilt milk but I am sure re-education processes are at work.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
If the gods are in a good mood Sautia at 13 Crook at 14 or 15 and the angels will sing glorious praise.

Nice turn of phrase whispers and one can almost hear the organ playing - I said "playing".

PS - Has Sautia, who changed his name to Feauai, changed it back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.