• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Overseer

I hope you don't feel I am complaining - I was only stating a hard facts regarding these selections. Other than refereeing I have no personal interest and I have witnessed these kids playing from a very close quarter. I have however seen these processes as a participant so I an all too well aware of the protocols involved. I don't expext too much has changed.
I reitterate my previous comment - it would have been a miscarriage of justice if that lad hadn't made it as aside from Sautia there is no better winger and had the cards fallen differently with regard to the TSS backline options then I doubt there would have been any discussion. Even in defence he has been forced to cover two men overlaps due to inadequacies of those inside him.
As for Churchie conceding players, so they should. They have admirably under performed this year.
The TSS forwards in the set pieces are from what I have seen amongst the best around and rightfully there will be some head scratching going on in that regard however it is in the loose and at the breakdown they let themselves down badly.
There are a number of disappointed souls everywhere this morning, some justifiably and others haven't a clue. There is a distinct difference between playing your heart out and playing well and a number of the TSS players fall easily into the second category while holding their performance in the first category should be sufficient.

T

TheTruth

It wasn't political reasons that almost cost Crooks. Purely playing ability. Weaknesses discussed more that strengths.

As for Jones, I think TSS beat ACGS on every close call. In fact ACGS were the first to pull a player if they felt he wasn't completely up to it or there was a better option. They also supported alot of other schools players at the expense of their own.

I love that TSS gets the most in, fills 11 (if the numbers above are correct) out for 45 (1/4 players) and people still complain. Given some their form at times this year, they have done exceptionally well.

Doc,
Probably agree based on numbers overall but just seems odd that only 1 player from TSS in GPS 1 (Crook - and well deserved IMO) from a team only beaten by State High and coming second in comp. Believe the captain only made GPS 3 which speaks for itself. If Coach wallace couldn't even support him to GPS 2 then probably shou;dn't have even been captain of his school team. Anyway criticissm of coach probably warranted. Really is a shame that confidence in him will be wiped away, especially from a school that prides itself on its rugby program and the lateral benefits associated with playing rugby.

R

rugbywhisperer

2010 GPS RUGBY REPRESENTATIVE TEAMS FOR QUEENSLAND OPEN SCHOOLBOY TRIALS
GPS 1; GPS 2
15 Giorgio Phillips NC ; 15 John O'Conner TSS
14 Garrett Nowlan BSHS ; 14 Walter Petaia BSHS
13 Chris F'Sautia BSHS ; 13 Hymel Hunt NC
12 Stephen Hunt NC ; 12 Henry Taefu ACGS
11 Lindsay Crook TSS ; 11 Jeriah Goodrich TGS
10 Grant Davies BGS ; 10 Jake Milne NC
9 Ben Meehan BSHS ; 9 Matt Fairnington TSS
8 Elisha Palupe BSHS ; 8 Caleb Timu NC
7 Kristian Satui NC ; 7 Joseph Swan BSHS
6 Curtis Browning BSHS ; 6 Will Slipper TSS
5 Jack Bridges GT ; 5 Tim Lollback NC
4 Mitchell Carpenter BGS ; 4 Jay Adkins NC
3 Michael Bermingham BGS ; 3 Josef Horomia BSHS
2 Maile Ngauamo IGS ; 2 Andrew Ready GT
1 Elijah Palupe BSHS ; 1 Pettowa Paraka TSS

pretty solid teams. Not too many I wouldn't have picked myself but more than equal to the task

In light that the third team selected are only reserves let’s review those selection numbers;
State High: 9
Nudgee: 8
TSS: 6
Grammar: 3
Terrace: 2
Churchie: 1
Ipswich: 1
So Doc, without being labelled as moaning which I am not, it does seem to give some credence to 'Truths' assertions. The second placed team in the comp gets 6 yet the team they beat gets 8. While that stuff is nowhere near definitive it does have some merit. And yes there was a considerable amount of horse trading to get some players into a team at the expense of a player performing well in that position.

D

dbla

As a grammar old boy it is a breath of fresh air to see 3 picked in the 1's

D

dbla

Agree so BGS get 3 in GPS 1 and TSS get one - Hey Whispers where are BGS coming in competition

From what I gather the positions that the bgs players were selected in are where gps schools seem pretty light this year (cept maybe the row but I don't think anyone can grumble about carpenter's selection as he has been a dominant player in the games I've seen this year) whereas the tss players in contention for gps seem to be in the real competitive positions. I still think slipper will play queensland 1 maybe his selection in gps 2 was to light a fire under him or something. I haven't seen him play but kleimeyer from tss is meant to be the real deal I guess he is the player who can count himself unlucky to not even make gps 2 or even 3? Also heard big wraps about an outside back at ippy by the name of tighe does anyone know why he didnt feature at all in the sides?

R

rugbywhisperer

I haven't seen him play but kleimeyer from tss is meant to be the real deal I guess he is the player who can count himself unlucky to not even make gps 2 or even 3? Also heard big wraps about an outside back at ippy by the name of tighe does anyone know why he didnt feature at all in the sides?

Kleimeyer is desperately unlucky and this might be an example of not being pushed hard enough by the coach. On performances he should be there somewhere. Slipper I would say is understandably miffed and could lay claim to the 1's #8 jersey and for mine is better than Palupe but I am not a selector and I am not privy to the discussions. Maybe Doc can shed light on this one.
As for Jordan Tighe - he got smoked and turned inside out last weekend.

R

rugbywhisperer

Caught some of the first training session for the GPS sides today at BGS.
Interesting that Hymel Hunt was in stead of Chris Sautia (wonder what is up there) but the rest really clicked very well.
The forwards hit out well and there weren't any problems that I, a mere mortal could see.
The winger in the II's from Toowoomba looks pretty quick and the III's had Sam Cox (usually at 10) on the wing with the latest model #10 from the Lucas family at 10

Status
Not open for further replies.