• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Well this is going to be an absolute cracker of a season gentlemen. This rounds results opens the door to say that i reckon it's possible any of six could win the tourney. Great news for the comp

BBC D. GT @ Ballymore, Score 25 - 10. Pretty much as expected from that game, most predicted BBC by 20 or 10 so 15 is right in the middle.

GAME ON for the season!

Rafter

Frank Row (1)
Well this is going to be an absolute cracker of a season gentlemen. This rounds results opens the door to say that i reckon it's possible any of six could win the tourney. Great news for the comp

BBC D. GT @ Ballymore, Score 25 - 10. Pretty much as expected from that game, most predicted BBC by 20 or 10 so 15 is right in the middle.

GAME ON for the season!

i dont see bbc as premiership potential

W

Watcher

Neither do I, I was referring to other results whilst supplying that one. Grammar have a chance and so do a couple of others.
I think BGS have more than a chance. IGS were red hot favourites and were stopped in their tracks. BGS played over 30 minutes of footy with 14 men. They didn't use this as an excuse to fold but to knuckle down and put in for the gut next to him and the guys in the stand. Make no mistake, BGS are in with a red hot chance.

W

Watcher

Any standouts Pumpkin Head?

Does anyone have any updates on the Nudgee 10 Brittain, the latest of the hunt clan, Browning (is he injured still?) and Chris F-S from this year

Also well played to Grammar knocking over IGS, this years comp seems a lot more balanced than years past, surprised BSHS aren't doing better with their two 2 year internationals.

Have no fear, BSHS with just the one hiccup last week are well in the hunt and will be hard to beat.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)

GAME ON for the season!

I don't see how BBC winning against a mediocre team entitles them to be considered as candidates to the title

They're what 1 from 3? Hell I'm not too sure it's even worth my time turning up early to watch them play BGS next weekend (and this is from an Old Boys perspective).

Theres a lot wrong with the school that will prevent them from being a worthy adversary on the Rugby field.

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
Sure is game on this season with the best competition in years and big games in the next two weeks. Interesting game next weekend at Suncorp with BGS v BBC should be a win to BGS but don't forget that BBC won the preseason trial and have the experience of winning at Suncorp (last year against Churchie). If BSHS have any chance this season they need to beat TSS next weekend - I doubt they can as their coaching is nowhere near as canny as it was with Eagle and Noon and discipline and patience are also poorer. Curtis is working hard but is not making the same impact (are the injuries catching up), Chris Satui is playing without confidence and Aust Schoolboy from last year James Swan is playing in the 2nds. All in all not a pretty picture.

Also, Downlands beat TGS in their local derby by 16-14 (2 tries to 1) in what was described as a forward dominated battle in front of a reported massive crowd.

O

overschoolrugby

BBC beat Terrace 30-15. Probably would have been wider margin if not for the slippery conditions. Sets up good contest next Sunday between BBC and Brisbane Grammar in curtain raiser to Reds v Crusaders. Tough task ahead for Terrace against old foes Nudgee.

R

RedandBlackAttack

Terrace extremely unlucky to not come up with a W, but I suppose that's rugby. Terrace have had a tough three rounds, coming up short every week due to lack of patience, but the boys are definitely giving it their all. They're leaving it all on the field, and it seems everything is going against them (not to mention some questionable refereeing come into play during the game at Ballymore!) If the boys from Terrace manage to work hard enough in defence, as well as put the hard yards in at training this week; don't be surprised to see them come out on top of Nudgee if their team is complacent! Should be a great round of rugby coming up, with BBC looking increasingly likely to take Grammar down after their victory shown in the preseason. Hard to call the premiers at this stage, but don't be surprised to see GT come out with a few W's at the end of the season. God Bless.

W

Watcher

Terrace extremely unlucky to not come up with a W, but I suppose that's rugby. Terrace have had a tough three rounds, coming up short every week due to lack of patience, but the boys are definitely giving it their all. They're leaving it all on the field, and it seems everything is going against them (not to mention some questionable refereeing come into play during the game at Ballymore!) If the boys from Terrace manage to work hard enough in defence, as well as put the hard yards in at training this week; don't be surprised to see them come out on top of Nudgee if their team is complacent! Should be a great round of rugby coming up, with BBC looking increasingly likely to take Grammar down after their victory shown in the preseason. Hard to call the premiers at this stage, but don't be surprised to see GT come out with a few W's at the end of the season. God Bless.

BBC have lost to BSHS and ACGS, they win a game against what all would agree is a GT side that is struggling and that is supposed to place BBC in a likely position to beat BGS........

R

RedandBlackAttack

BBC have lost to BSHS and ACGS, they win a game against what all would agree is a GT side that is struggling and that is supposed to place BBC in a likely position to beat BGS........

Watcher, it appears you are basing the performance on the previous weeks games. However; they had a strong game against Brisbane Grammer and it wouldn't surprise me if a repeat effort caused Grammer to become unseated (with the injuries that follow each game, it wouldn't surprise me if Grammer doesn't field their best team!) God bless.

W

Watcher

Watcher, it appears you are basing the performance on the previous weeks games. However; they had a strong game against Brisbane Grammer and it wouldn't surprise me if a repeat effort caused Grammer to become unseated (with the injuries that follow each game, it wouldn't surprise me if Grammer doesn't field their best team!) God bless.

It appears that you are placing a lot on a pre season trial game when coaches are trying different combinations. Next Sunday will reveal all.......

R

rozza_13

Downlands defeated tgs 16-14, 1 try a piece. downlands dominated possession and fields position but tgs held their line for long periods of time, almost reminiscent of reds v tahs at suncorp. downlands backs defended superbly shutting down tgs' highly rated backline. huge crowd, possibly 6000+. great day, downlands boys thoroughly dsereved the win.

I

inandaway

it appears BGS are in with a red hot chance, out playing the so called "unbeatable igs".... classic

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I don't see how BBC winning against a mediocre team entitles them to be considered as candidates to the title

They're what 1 from 3? Hell I'm not too sure it's even worth my time turning up early to watch them play BGS next weekend (and this is from an Old Boys perspective).

Theres a lot wrong with the school that will prevent them from being a worthy adversary on the Rugby field.

Mate I never said that I know it came after the result but I was referring to other results ie Grammar V IGS ect. Winning over Terrace means nothing in this comp as they are hot favourites to finish last.

H

hatman

Got to Ballymore - great atmoshere. Congrats to GT supporters. The rub of the green aganist GT especially refereeing & a blantant foot in touch in front of a touch judge did not help. BBC the better on the night. GT don't seem to be able to get over the advantage line & the outside backs not used. One GT supporter said the wingers haven't got any clean ball in 3 matches - a case of sticky fingers in the centers. On last night BGS will beat BBC & are definitely contenders with Churchie. Injuries will be the key - the side with depth may win. Churchie has depth in spades.

A

alc14

i seriously doubt bgs will win this thing , they beat igs by 1 and havnt really versed strong opposition. IGS are always poor away to BGS so didnt suprise me they lost. IGS still favourites or one of the favourites

J

jddd

fantastic weekend of foooty,
the bgs victory i believe is fantastic for the competition-that leaving now about 6 teams in the hunt.
bgs need to comended in an extremly gutsy effort to take down preimiership favourites ipswich in an absolute thriller.
as it stands it is too close to call any favourites after the round of close fixtures, with every week now proving to be vital.
great to see a competitive competition

Status
Not open for further replies.