• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That's confirmed rockfish, unlucky for the boys in blue and grey gunning for a premiership. Any match reports would be great, looks like Nudgee have the premiership sealed now.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
IGS v ACGS
1st XV: 13 - 10
2nd XV: 12 - 40
16A: 22 - 35
15A: 29 - 17

BBC v TSS
1st XV: 13 - 24
2nd XV: 5 - 10
16A: 12 - 39
15A: 0 - 41
14A: 19 - 24

O

OLDDOG

what a cracking season! round 8 is gonna be a beauty, if results go awry, we could have NC,IGS,BSHS and BGS all on 10 points, and TSS on a likely 9 !!!

oooh yeah, there's gonna be some titanic battles next weekend..........good to see a tight competition

O

OLDDOG

You mean:
NC, IGS, BGS, BSHS - 10
ACGS, TSS - 9

But I don't think it's likely.

State will beat churchie, TSS wil beat GT, BBC v TGS even stevens, BUT, if BGS upset Nudgee, not likely but possible, then we will have the aforementioned scenario.......

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
In my experience BGS have never delivered when it counted and Nudgee have rarely let an opportunity, when they are so close, slip away. As much as BGS have come on in the last couple of years I cannot see the status quo changing.

D

dbund

When the ref blows the whistle for kickoff all men are equal. Cant wait for this weeks round, such close contests are what rugby is all about.

P

Prop

Tss vs gt this weekend,tips? Gt hasn't really gone that well this is,correct me if I am wrong

O

OLDDOG

Tss vs gt this weekend,tips? Gt hasn't really gone that well this is,correct me if I am wrong

yep, here's a tip. Kudos to the GT lads for playing their hearts out, in a very difficult school year. You will be back lads, have no fear. A great and proud school, and ups and downs are part of the process, but well done for persevering during the floods. Enjoy your game at TSS, I think you will put in a spirited performance, and I pick TSS to win by a few hard earned points.......
nb ; this thread is ominously silent, cmon BGS lads, do the business and shut nudgee down! :)

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Nudgee College def. Brisbane Grammar 41-20.
Billy Brittain (#10) and the #13 clashed heads in the first minute and missed a fair bit of the game

The 2nd XV drew 17-all, very good game from BGS.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
BSHS v ACGS
1st XV: ACGS 10 d BSHS 5
2nd XV: BSHS 21 d ACGS 14
16A: ACGS 10 d BSHS 7
15A: BSHS 14 d ACGS 10

TSS v GT
1st XV: TSS 60 d GT 21
2nd XV: TSS 24 d GT 5
16A: TSS 33 d GT 10
15A: TSS 29 d 7

BGS v NC
1st XV: NC 41 d BGS 20
2nd XV: 21 - 21
16A: NC 35 d BGS 14
15A: NC 36 d BGS 17

TGS v BBC
1st XV: TGS 24 d BBC 23
2nd XV: BBC 10 d TGS 5
16A: BBC 22 d TGS 19
15A: BBC 31 d TGS 26

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Table After Round 8

style="width: 800px;"
|- style="background: #e9e375; font-weight: strong;"
|| Position || Team || Played || Wins || Draws || Losses || Points
|-
||1|| Nudgee College || 7 || 6 || 0 || 1 || 12
|-style="background: #e7edbe;"
||2|| Anglican Church Grammar School || 7 || 5 || 1 || 1 || 11
|-
||3|| Ipswich Grammar School || 7 || 5 || 0 || 2 || 10
||4|| The Southport School || 7 || 4 || 1 || 2 || 9
|-
||5|| Brisbane State High School || 7 || 4 || 0 || 3 || 8
||-|| Brisbane Grammar School || 7 || 4 || 0 || 3 || 8
|-
||7|| Toowoomba Grammar School || 7 || 2 || 0 || 5 || 4
||8|| Brisbane Boys College || 7 || 1 || 0 || 6 || 2
|-
||9|| Gregory Terrace || 8 || 0 || 0 || 8 || 0

W

will

State will beat churchie, TSS wil beat GT, BBC v TGS even stevens, BUT, if BGS upset Nudgee, not likely but possible, then we will have the aforementioned scenario.......

fail, you got 1 right and anyone would have picked that. you need to stop underestimating churchie, IGS was one of those days where it just didnt happen.

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
And Downlands 31 defeated Ipswich 0. Ippy rested more than half their team, but nevertheless a clinical and tactically superior performance from the Downs boys.

R

Raging Bull

And Downlands 31 defeated Ipswich 0. Ippy rested more than half their team, but nevertheless a clinical and tactically superior performance from the Downs boys.

33 - 0 I think. My info is 5 rested understandably by Ipswich. Downlands had 3 starting forwards out. May be a few of the rested players came on during the game. Anyway you can only play what is in front of you. A comprehensive victory by Downlands and the score could have easily been higher.
Well done boys.

O

OLDDOG

fail, you got 1 right and anyone would have picked that. you need to stop underestimating churchie, IGS was one of those days where it just didnt happen.

well full credit to churchie then. takes a good team to keep state down to just a single try, must have been a cracking defensive game.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Yes definitely Downlands 33 - 0 over Ipswich. A great result for Downlands and a poor one for Ipswich irrespective of a few players rested. Remember in recent years a lot of schools only sent their 2nds up the hill & still usually came away with a win. When is Downlands going to get full GPS status and a consequent requirement for teams to treat them fair dinkum? I think they've earnt it.
Ipswich now get to play off for 3rd place in a tough game down the Coast. TSS looking for 5 straight wins.
So Nudgee have the rails run to the 1sts Premiership with a game against struggling BBC. NC to win in a canter. Its a pity for the competition that half the schools aren't competitive.
Looks like the same in the U16A's for Churchie to cruise to an undefeated season in their final hit-out against TGS.

P

Prop

Tss vs ippy this weekend,tss looking in good form after a good win over gt,and they have got no injurys aswell,how is ippy looking after a lose to downlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.