• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

czar01

knox beat gt by around 10 points or so, and lost to tss by a few tries i think

Knox beat GT 5 tries to 3. GT had better of the forward battle, holes galore in the GT backs but both likely 1st XV centres out. They are getting there.

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
On the Terrace front, i hear that the 15 As played the 16 A shortly after this years season only to have beaten their older peers by a couple tries. This may suggest that the Terrace first XV of 2011 will have many up and coming players flourish from grade 11

yeah that's true, except it was the thursday before the nudgee match, like 3 tries to 1 for the 15's

W

williams

nudgee beat High by one try but Nudgee had 5 out.What happen to Terrace and Churchie in trial ?

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
Haven't heard about Terrace Churchie, but BBC 10 d Grammar 7 - no points until right near the end of the game. Also TSS 46 d St Laurences 0.

StewP

Bob McCowan (2)
IGS beat Eddies in a good trial. IGS trys scored off Eddies errors. Eddies just couldn't finish somegood raids. Need to learn patience. IGS 2 and 6 look good. 9 needs to learn how to use his arms in the tackle. IGS big No 8 shy of other big polys.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
The comp kicks off this weekend:

Nudgee v Churchie - Match of the round. Huge test for Jonesy's lads. Nudgee at home, with 800+ players to choose from. Tip Nudgee by 10.
BBC v State High - BBC struggled against Lauries. BSHS looking for 3 straight premierships. BBC looking for 1st one since '54. Tip BSHS by 20.
IGS v Terrace - Ipswich usually look like Crusaders early in season and Cheetahs by end. Terrace had a poor 16A's last year, not much trial form & a dogged resistance to scholarships. Tip IGS by 14
TGS v BGS - BGS made big strides in 2010 erasing the memory of 100 point thrashings. TGS looking to rebuild after a winless season under new coach Gilmore. Tip BGS by 10
TSS - Day at the surf

Looking forward to a cracking year.

B

BGS Old Boy

Agree totally with Refabit's predictions. It would be wonderful to see Churchie get up over Nudgee in an attempt at erasing the disappointments of last year. TSS with the bye just sit and wait before hosting NC the week after. Imagine Nudgee at 0-2 after the first two rounds! Unlikely I know.

T

TheTruth

The comp kicks off this weekend:

Nudgee v Churchie - Match of the round. Huge test for Jonesy's lads. Nudgee at home, with 800+ players to choose from. Tip Nudgee by 10.
BBC v State High - BBC struggled against Lauries. BSHS looking for 3 straight premierships. BBC looking for 1st one since '54. Tip BSHS by 20.
IGS v Terrace - Ipswich usually look like Crusaders early in season and Cheetahs by end. Terrace had a poor 16A's last year, not much trial form & a dogged resistance to scholarships. Tip IGS by 14
TGS v BGS - BGS made big strides in 2010 erasing the memory of 100 point thrashings. TGS looking to rebuild after a winless season under new coach Gilmore. Tip BGS by 10
TSS - Day at the surf

Looking forward to a cracking year.

Agree with all but NC v Churchie - think NC will flog Jonesy's boys by 30 - he certainly ain't the coach he was at Ippy

L

leftside

i don't think the fact that all terrace's games are away will help their chances

T

Thomas

TSS play downlands don't they, just like all other teams during their bye?

R

redsfan123

i don't think the fact that all terrace's games are away will help their chances
Yes that will certaintly pose as a challenge for from all accounts a relatively inexperienced side. However i did manage to catch the second half of their game against churchie and gt looked alot better when the reserve hooker, no 8 and lanky second row came on. Obviously the disruptions earlier on in the pre season concerning their fields have left them a few weeks behind in terms of team cohesion and selection but I think teams write them off at their own peril.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
TSS play downlands don't they, just like all other teams during their bye?

Last couple of years TSS has sent their 2nd XV to play Downlands 1st XV. 3rds to play 2nds, etc. Not sure what they'll do this time around.
Some other schools don't play 1sts as it risks injury in a non competition game.

R

rugbymand2323

i know TSS sent their 2nd XV to play downlands last year with some 1st XV fringe players, surely have to consider injury considering NC next week?

J

Jeff Smith

Agree, I think it will be a tough day at the office for all Churchie A teams, particually 15 A's

T

Thomas

I guess that is a good move by TSS and I'm guessing a lot of the higher rated schools would be doing this.

S

s4076951

what is everyones thoughts on terrace, a few good players have come through, birgan, ayala, crookes, hanley, stewart and given qld u15 last year

H

hatman

what is everyones thoughts on terrace, a few good players have come through, birgan, ayala, crookes, hanley, stewart and given qld u15 last year

Apparently GT also have a GPS sprint champion in the back line - not sure who.

Status
Not open for further replies.