• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshCream

Frank Row (1)
My apologies my good sir. In terms of impact players IMO Junior Fakaaosilea will prove to be the biggest handful for opposition. To be fair, BBC has had an extremely unlucky season with up to 5 rep players injured all throughout the season and i believe the loss of Junior played a big role in their decline as they relied so heavily on him throught crash balls etc..
Other notable players that have featured in the 16a's throughout the year that i can remember are; Leleisiuao (nc) ,Halliday (bgs), Sitanilei (gt), Schafer (acgs), Hagan (nc), Asiata (bshs), Naopoto (bshs). I really could go on.
Another player would be Alastair Berking from BSHS, He shows great potential for the future as he is a really aggressive player on the field.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Hagan didn't even make the Met North 100m final this year for U16s, he's got a long way to go if he wants to make it in athletics even at a junior level. Wasted talent.

In my opinion, he is a talented athlete who has been hampered by injuries.
Yes, he may not be performing to your expectations, but 2013 is a new year.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
In my opinion, he is a talented athlete who has been hampered by injuries.
Yes, he may not be performing to your expectations, but 2013 is a new year.

He's obviously a very talented athlete- anyone who read the Courier Mail or even saw the front page in 2009 would know about his wide array of talents and the grand heights he'd reached in junior sport before the age of 14- League, Union, Aussie Rules, Athletics etc.- but reports that he lost his contract offers from NRL clubs due to laziness and his lack of impact since 2009 suggests that he is, by and large, a squandered talent. That being said, I hope he can reclaim his previous illustrious status as a high achieving athlete. If he's really determined to make it in athletics (or any other area), I wish him nothing but luck.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
3/4 for last week, now 18/28
TSS d BBC by 10
IGS d ACGS by 12
TGS d BSHS by 12
BGS d GT by 2
100% last week which means I'm 22/32 with a round to go
TSS d GT by 12
NC d BGS by 7
TGS d BBC by 10
ACGS d BSHS by 5
My reason for thinking NC will beat BGS? I think NC only lost to TSS because Tuttle was out-with him back I'd expect a win for Nudgee

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
TSS d GT by 12
NC d BGS by 7
TGS d BBC by 10
ACGS d BSHS by 5
My reason for thinking NC will beat BGS? I think NC only lost to TSS because Tuttle was out-with him back I'd expect a win for Nudgee
Is Tuttle 100% at the moment?

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
TSS d GT by 12
NC d BGS by 7
TGS d BBC by 10
ACGS d BSHS by 5

I doubt Tuttle would have turned the game against TSS. It was a solid performance from the Coast boys. And some Nudgee parents believed that this NC team is the best for 10 years

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
I doubt Tuttle would have turned the game against TSS. It was a solid performance from the Coast boys. And some Nudgee parents believed that this NC team is the best for 10 years

I disagree. The 2008 undefeated premiers were better than this year's First XV.
They got complacent against TSS and won't make the same mistake this week-end.:cool:

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Nudgee had some decent players last year.

Kaituu, Postale, Maloney, McMahon, Satui, Gale, Brittain, Tuttle, Hunt

something

Jim Clark (26)
I really cannot pick between BGS and NC, it will be an amazing game. Definitely going to that one.

Also tuttle v. greene. two best players in GPS this season, will be interesting to see how they perform against each other.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
I disagree. The 2008 undefeated premiers were better than this year's First XV.
They got complacent against TSS and won't make the same mistake this week-end.:cool:

Is complacent the right word? I'd say Jack Tuttle's absence was a major factor in their defeat to Southport. He's so important to the team I'd suggest that if BGS manage to shut him down (and that's a massive if- he's probably one of the two best players in the comp) they'll come away victorious. Both teams are so strong across the board that it will probably come down to how each captain- Tuttle and Greene- perform on the day.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Tuttle is coming up against Aiono & Birch in the BGS centres. both are not slouches in defence, Birch especially...

I think the BGS backs defence is very strong & they will need to be strong against the likes of tuttle & sikimeti

morelando bloom

Peter Burge (5)
It has come to my attention that Saturday was a sad day for any that venture out to Tennyson.

While the last few years have been fairly bleak for Terrace Rugby, there was always the wonderful 'Brave & Game' publication, distributed free of charge at every home game, even though they were magazine quality.

Sadly, the organisers of Brave & Game Publications are leaving Terrace at the end of the year and with that comes the possible fall from grace of Terrace's Game Day publications.

A true loss to the GPS as these programmes were a treasure trove of historical information for both of the schools competing on the day, with the history of the schools, the history of Tennyson, and of course the rugby history's of both of the competing schools featured each week in this classy publications.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Grand Final match-ups
BGS - NC
1.Blackhurst - 1.Postal
2.Harper - 2.Mafi
3.Fatseas - 3.Wessels
4.Muller - 4.Fordyce
5.Cox - 5.Speldewinde
7.Morrey - 7.Fitzgerald
8.Cornelsen - 8.Sikimeti
9.Burke - 9.Tweedy
10.Greene - 10.James
12.Aiono - 12.Tuttle
14.Marsden - 14.Hussey

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
I can really say that I loved the Brave and Game programs. With lots of GT mates, I know they all appreciate it too. I was unaware of this end but I think it was a great addition to the GT rugby program and will miss seeing it once every two years.

Yoloruggers

Stan Wickham (3)
And does anyone have a line-up for Nudgee this coming weekend?

1. Big black guy
2. Big black guy
3. Bigger black guy
4. big black guy
5. big black guy
6. big and fit black guy
7. big and fit black guy
8. biggest and fittest black guy
9. little fast black guy
10. Tuttle
11. Fast black guy
12. Faster black guy
13. Fast black guy with good defence
14. Really fast black guy
15. Black guy thats fast and good under the highball.

Youre welcome, Swarley.

Status
Not open for further replies.