• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
What are your thoughts on the team Red Black?
Surely you would have to give Harlow one of the front row positions, and given the outstanding form of McNamee and the fact Robbie is on a scholarship, it seems as if Wilson will have a fight on his hands to keep his spot.
Bill Ovenden was inelligable for selection due to being away for a large chunk of training, so when he comes back in it seems as if Gwyn will be out, maybe causing a reshuffle of the forward back with Ovenden slotting into 6 and Laxon moving to lock. Apart from that it will be interesting to see how O'Rourke handles the move to the outside backs in the upcoming trial matches
Thoughts were basically the same, very surprised to see Mellor not make the starting XV. I wouldn't be too sure about Gwyn moving out for Ovenden as Gwyn has been looking good and big lately, but yeah other than that same

jimmyboulevard

Bob McCowan (2)
i know xavier power played last year for the red and black, but what number was he? i think he might have some stiff competition from pepper for the 7 spot

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
6 when Ben Birgan came to be flanker, 7 when Lachy Moore was starting. It'd be foolish to think Power would lose his spot, the best flanking combination for GT would be both Pepper and Power. It doesn't have as much as lustre as the Gunn-Oppenheimer-McMillan combination that Churchie boasts but it will hold its own against most of the schools.

H

Hayden Mitchell

Gwyn, Laxon, McNamee and Green will all end up being dropped for Pepper, Ovenden, Mellor and Harlow respectively.
I would beg to differ sabanator, the coaches have come to realise Mellor offers hardly anything substantial apart from his throwing ability, which Toby McNamee has excelled at this year, Green has been tearing it up in training and is insanely fast for a prop of his size (runs a 12.6 at 127kg)
To be honest I had no idea Jack Gwyn even played rugby until I saw him at training a few weeks ago, so we'll see how he goes, who knows he might be a superstar. For now this is my prediction for the 1's
1. Harlow/Wilson
2. McNamee
3. Green
4. French
5. Ovenden/Laxon
6. Laxon/Ovenden
7. Power
8. Daniel
9. Fowler/Long
10. Dalgleish
11. Jenkins
12. Heenan
13. Freemantle
14. Larosa
15. Given

B

bottleneck

Doesn't matter, he's still big and fast, and Mellor's fat and slow
have heard this from a reliable source that Nudgee have lost 3 outside backs for the season in Tulele Hagen and Shooks with Shipperly still recovering from major knee surgery and a big, fast winger from last years seconds injured last week and out for at least 3 months.This surely will hurt their try scoring ability losing those classy players.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Doesn't matter, he's still big and fast, and Mellor's fat and slow
what i was insinuating is that green isn't big and fast, rather that he's strong, fat and slow.
have heard this from a reliable source that Nudgee have lost 3 outside backs for the season in Tulele Hagen and Shooks with Shipperly still recovering from major knee surgery and a big, fast winger from last years seconds injured last week and out for at least 3 months.This surely will hurt their try scoring ability losing those classy players.
that does not sound at all good for the blue and white. great news for churchie though

H

Hayden Mitchell

what i was insinuating is that green isn't big and fast, rather that he's strong, fat and slow.
That statement is wrong, hes strong, big, and fast; but I'm not going to spend my time arguing with you, you'll see once the season rolls around

H

Hayden Mitchell

Terrace beats Nudgee once every 7 years, this is the year

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jesus, I come back two days later and the quality of this thread has dramatically decreased. Terrace aren't even contenders, who has any news from Ippy, BSHS or TSS?

Pick it up, boys.

A

Adizero

Any news on how any of the under 16 teams are shaping up this year? Churchie? Nudgee? TSS?

K

Kendaddyg

I heard TSS have been heavily importing for the U16's year. Also some new players to the Terrace line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.