• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

churr

TSS have done some heavy recruiting then. #8 for them was one of the biggest schoolboy player I have ever seen. While dominant with the ball in hand, he missed a few tackles and never went to the breakdown. I thought the #12 for TSS was also fairly impressive, made a few good line breaks.

#12 is Nili Fielea who i forgot to mention, he was also in QLD Red u16s last year and yes he can play, Evander is origanally a league player and has only been playing union for 2 years, but he will learn more about defence and getting to the break downs, i would predict we will finish around the 3rd-4th range this year

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
My prediction

1. NC/ACGS
3. TSS
4. BBC/BGS/GT/IGS
8. TGS
9. BSHS

School Comment (PTW) (players to watch)

NC a strong team with a solid bench who would be easily able to cope with any injuries they get except tuttle who is irreplaceable (Tuttle, Sikimiti, #8 Eddie T?)

ACGS they have been hyped up a lot in this preseason and everyone has high expectations of them but still a very good side that will win it or come in second (Openheimer, Ioane, Easton, Gunn, #13 Nigel V)

TSS some big names but not sure about them as a whole (Thirdd, Tarr, Cooney, Guttenbeil, Gauder)

BBC heavy recruiting on a side which would have ended up last otherwise, also like to comment on them recruiting GT coach from last year (Quick, Junior?, Sala)

BGS i would love nothing better than for BGS to come dead last like they were before they started giving out scholarships but unfortunately with a strong side like this i couldn't see them lower than 6 but no higher than 3rd (Greene, Blackhurst, Corneslen, Aiono, Birch)

GT until last year were always a consistent rugby school, had a great sporting history but managed to have tarnished it with one atrocious year. they are a good side but have few standout players, could come last or could come as high as 3rd if they play well, are going to need a strong defence (Dalgleish, French, Sitileni, Given, Heenan)

IGS could end up coming last or even 3rd but without any stand out backs i think the hard work in the rucks and mauls from preen and pleash will go to waste when spread out through the hands (Hayes, Preen, Pleash, Takau)

TGS i believe the underdogs of the season they are hidden in the mountains and nobody knows what they will have in stall for GPS this year but going off their last years 16A and 1st XV side will not go higher than 6. (#4, #9, #13)

BSHS i believe to be the worst side in GPS this year, entering in 12 or so players into the GPS trials wasn't such a smart idea, some good players but even missing the big names from last year like Saautia, Browning and Meehan in a side that were middle of the table they will be a struggling team.

R

Red

now put my money on nudgee for the premiership

After having seen Jack Tuttle work wonders on the field against both TSS and Churchie this past Saturday I'm not having too many doubts on them taking out the premiership either. Just as long as they can keep their big names healthy and play a structured brand of rugby which they are so well fitted for.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
After having seen Jack Tuttle work wonders on the field against both TSS and Churchie this past Saturday I'm not having too many doubts on them taking out the premiership either. Just as long as they can keep their big names healthy and play a structured brand of rugby which they are so well fitted for.

good option red mate, obviously not a BBC boy but....you go to terrace obviously

I

iluvfooty

TSS have done some heavy recruiting then. #8 for them was one of the biggest schoolboy player I have ever seen. While dominant with the ball in hand, he missed a few tackles and never went to the breakdown. I thought the #12 for TSS was also fairly impressive, made a few good line breaks.

yes tss no 8 guttenbeil is a quality player only being playing union for 2 years. i saw him play league for the titans u18s this year he didnt really stand out physically in a huge titans side but i saw him playing in the tss trial and he is a big boy but very fit aswell which comes in handy. i agree he needs to pick up his workrate and needs to include himself in the breakdown more. i can see though a potential qld schoolboys spot for him

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Keen for the Cross town - East / West - Anglican / presbyterian rivalry in round 3 at Toowong.

Churchie need to beware that every team will be after them this season, and the instant they slack off is the instant that it can go pear shaped. Bit of highland cathedral / flower of scotland will fire the boys up.

Bring on the 2012 Season!

1. NC
2. ACGS
3. BGS
4. BBC
5. TSS
6. IGS
7. GT
8. BSHS
9. TGS

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
highly doubtful but could have recruited him from Aukland Grammar, also heard of a few other players down south that will join terrace when they come back from their tour......

new ranking:

1. NC
2. ACGS
3. TSS
4. BBC
5. BGS
6. GT
7. TGS
8. IGS
9. BSHS

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
After all of this, I have decided it is almost nearly impossible to predict the wooden spoon team. Nearly every school has stand-out players capable of stringing numerous wins in a row. The gap between top and bottom has closed significantly, it's great.

It will see a pretty large diverse range of GPS representatives IMO.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
After all of this, I have decided it is almost nearly impossible to predict the wooden spoon team. Nearly every school has stand-out players capable of stringing numerous wins in a row. The gap between top and bottom has closed significantly, it's great.

It will see a pretty large diverse range of GPS representatives IMO.

i would love to see some underdog sides like ippy toowomba and terrace win some big matches against NC ACGS and TSS!

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Not so sure about that one, Churchie has Leamon, Warriner and Machin. All of whom played QLD schools last year and were part of the Churchie 16A team last year that won the title. None of them saw 1st XV experience except Warriner but the same could be said about the Nudgee pigs who were overshadowed by last years 1st XV mammoths. Anae would be the only one I would put above the rest, Leamon, Machin and Warriner will all hold their own against Postale and Mafi.

I think TSS will have the strongest of the 3 props, with Sam Clifton and Ben Tarr.

i think you will both find that Anae isn't a part of there starting front row.... their front row is sikimeti postal and another south african looking kid who was pretty flash

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
who are there three new players I've only heard of Daniel Siteleni and R.Green?
There's a third in year 10 but word on the street he isn't much chop, hasn't been asked to train for firsts like Sitenilei.

I'm quite surprised Anae isn't in the starting front row, wouldn't be surprised to see Sikimeti shift out to 8 considering their Number 8 on Saturday didn't look all the flash.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
There's a third in year 10 but word on the street he isn't much chop, hasn't been asked to train for firsts like Sitenilei.

I'm quite surprised Anae isn't in the starting front row, wouldn't be surprised to see Sikimeti shift out to 8 considering their Number 8 on Saturday didn't look all the flash.

yeah have heard about him, not as outstanding as sitenilei but we will see how he goes next year. Yes i agree to have Anae on the bench is a huge loss, although the number 8 on saturday lacked tackling he made up for it with his running game but then again Anae is excellent at both. I didn't pay much attention to this new front rower but he was pretty good of what i saw of him. What are your opinions on the nudgee 5-8 will he be able to cope at 1st XV level being that tiny

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
yeah have heard about him, not as outstanding as sitenilei but we will see how he goes next year. Yes i agree to have Anae on the bench is a huge loss, although the number 8 on saturday lacked tackling he made up for it with his running game but then again Anae is excellent at both. I didn't pay much attention to this new front rower but he was pretty good of what i saw of him. What are your opinions on the nudgee 5-8 will he be able to cope at 1st XV level being that tiny

I don't think it will matter that much. His defensive game was solid and he always has Tuttle on his outside.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
The kid has always had a solid tackle on him but I can't see him standing up to the pounding he's going to get week in, week out.

At least half of the big kids in the comp are on his team.

C

Casey95

Sticks the nudgee 10 acts as a space filler between Jack Tuttle and the breakdown. Always has.

As for the Terrace new-boy. Rumour has it he isnt copping with the schoolwork (god forbid they actually do schoolwork :O) and is looking at dropping out of the terrace system.

Status
Not open for further replies.