• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

D train

Frank Row (1)
The Nudgee second fifteen will be incredibly hard to stop this weekend. The forward pack is housing 781kg of muscle and power. The front row contributing to an amazing 336kg of this. The pack is lead by the physics wizz Daniel Anae, his theoretical knowledge of projectile motion has contributed to his unmatched pin point accurate line-out throws. But the heart of the team is Eli Berns, this energetic and "life loving" character always convinces the team that life is worth living. In my opinion Nudgee will but 40-50 points on terrace seconds this weekend.

T

tightfive

IGS are a joke - calling uncontested scrums in Saturday's U16s days out from the match. Join a local league comp if you can't field a front row!! The uncontested law is there as a safety net when injuries occur during the game not to cover the ass of incompetent coaches or unwilling participants in the contest. If you can't field a competitive scrum prior to the match at A grade level then you should forfeit and spend the hour at the scrum machine.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
The Nudgee second fifteen will be incredibly hard to stop this weekend. The forward pack is housing 781kg of muscle and power. The front row contributing to an amazing 336kg of this. The pack is lead by the physics wizz Daniel Anae, his theoretical knowledge of projectile motion has contributed to his unmatched pin point accurate line-out throws. But the heart of the team is Eli Berns, this energetic and "life loving" character always convinces the team that life is worth living. In my opinion Nudgee will but 40-50 points on terrace seconds this weekend.

The Nudgee seconds beat BBC 15 - 7 and BBC lost to Terrace seconds 13 - 12. Go figure

morelando bloom

Peter Burge (5)
Mate if you're looking for pin point accurate line-out throwing, look no further than the Terrace 2's. With the ability to have either Geordie Harries or Ben Fraser toss the ball in with incredible accuracy, and the insightful calling of Jack Gwyn, the 2nd XV is a juggernaut come line out-time.
The Nudgee seconds beat BBC 15 - 7 and BBC lost to Terrace seconds 13 - 12. Go figure
I do believe you'll find that the Terrace seconds put 18 points on BBC. Two penalties, two meaties and a conversion

D train

Frank Row (1)
Mate if you're looking for pin point accurate line-out throwing, look no further than the Terrace 2's. With the ability to have either Geordie Harries or Ben Fraser toss the ball in with incredible accuracy, and the insightful calling of Jack Gwyn, the 2nd XV is a juggernaut come line out-time.

I do believe you'll find that the Terrace seconds put 18 points on BBC. Two penalties, two meaties and a conversion

D train

Frank Row (1)

Mate, can the terrace hooker bench press 150kg........ I have been informed that nudgee 2nds side that opposed BBC was extremely under strength. I watched the Terrace nudgee trail and the terrace front row looked more like a U13 girls netball team. And i heard both Jack Gwyn and Ben Fraser have hot terrace mums.....that froth the nudgee fobs.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ACGS v NC (July 28)

Attachments

• P7280761 (Large).JPG
    P7280761 (Large).JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 288
  • P7280763 (Large).JPG
    P7280763 (Large).JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 313
  • P7280764 (Large).JPG
    P7280764 (Large).JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 296
  • P7280775 (Large).JPG
    P7280775 (Large).JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 294
  • P7280781 (Large).JPG
    P7280781 (Large).JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 304
  • P7280784 (Large).JPG
    P7280784 (Large).JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 321
  • P7280785 (Large).JPG
    P7280785 (Large).JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 289
  • P7280788 (Large).JPG
    P7280788 (Large).JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 305
  • P7280783 (Large).JPG
    P7280783 (Large).JPG
    135 KB · Views: 309

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
NC v TSS (Aug4)

Attachments

• P8040796 (Large).JPG
    P8040796 (Large).JPG
    171 KB · Views: 289
  • P8040798 (Large).JPG
    P8040798 (Large).JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 291
  • P8040801 (Large).JPG
    P8040801 (Large).JPG
    158 KB · Views: 305
  • P8040808 (Large).JPG
    P8040808 (Large).JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 318
  • P8040810 (Large).JPG
    P8040810 (Large).JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 304
  • P8040812 (Large).JPG
    P8040812 (Large).JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 288
  • P8040813 (Large).JPG
    P8040813 (Large).JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 292
  • P8040811 (Large).JPG
    P8040811 (Large).JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 270
  • P8040816 (Large).JPG
    P8040816 (Large).JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 280

morelando bloom

Peter Burge (5)
Mate, can the terrace hooker bench press 150kg.... I have been informed that nudgee 2nds side that opposed BBC was extremely under strength. I watched the Terrace nudgee trail and the terrace front row looked more like a U13 girls netball team. And i heard both Jack Gwyn and Ben Fraser have hot terrace mums...that froth the nudgee fobs.
Ahh the Terrace hooker has been following the Callum Mahoney squatting routine, he managed a 250kg squat the other day, followed by a 180 kilo bench

G

GPSPRIDE

These terrace posts are such trolls. They're just trying to talk their school up because they have only won one game and will prbably end the season on 4 points..

TERRACE

Y U SO BAD ?

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
Ahh the Terrace hooker has been following the Callum Mahoney squatting routine, he managed a 250kg squat the other day, followed by a 180 kilo bench

Going to be funny watching the terrace 2nds, after them being talked up to be this immaculate team. I believe it will just be like every other year. Extremely unsuccessful. Would be surprised if terrace win more than 2 games all day.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
These terrace posts are such trolls. They're just trying to talk their school up because they have only won one game and will prbably end the season on 4 points..

TERRACE

Y U SO BAD ?

Meh. I'm a Terrace old boy. In the 5 years of GPS Rugby I played I beat Nudgee twice. I still remember the first time we beat them, we scored a try in the early parts of the first half and one of their forwards said "Congratulations terrace, in 3 years of rugby that's the first try you have scored against us" ... Never mind hwo that sums up the arrogance of Nudgee and the way they approach the game ... He didn't have much to say when we the game finished.

Chasing a win against Nudgee is ellusive and rare, especially for Terrace. That's the whole point. The only trolls are the ones who crow about how good Nudgee is, because they always are, it's not even good judgement it's just stating the obvious.

I spoke to an ACGS coach this year whose team suffered 3 broken bones when they played Nudgee. His exact words were "It's just a complete mismatch, it's like Scotland trying to beat the All Blacks, but at least the All Blacks have a sense of fair play and sportsmanship".

There is nothing Terrace players (old and new) love more than to beat Nudgee. A lot of other schools enjoy it too. But the GPS Rugby competition is always 100% better when Nudgee are getting beaten, always!

G

GPSPRIDE

Meh. I'm a Terrace old boy. In the 5 years of GPS Rugby I played I beat Nudgee twice. I still remember the first time we beat them, we scored a try in the early parts of the first half and one of their forwards said "Congratulations terrace, in 3 years of rugby that's the first try you have scored against us" . Never mind hwo that sums up the arrogance of Nudgee and the way they approach the game . He didn't have much to say when we the game finished.

Chasing a win against Nudgee is ellusive and rare, especially for Terrace. That's the whole point. The only trolls are the ones who crow about how good Nudgee is, because they always are, it's not even good judgement it's just stating the obvious.

I spoke to an ACGS coach this year whose team suffered 3 broken bones when they played Nudgee. His exact words were "It's just a complete mismatch, it's like Scotland trying to beat the All Blacks, but at least the All Blacks have a sense of fair play and sportsmanship".

There is nothing Terrace players (old and new) love more than to beat Nudgee. A lot of other schools enjoy it too. But the GPS Rugby competition is always 100% better when Nudgee are getting beaten, always!

I was reffering to the trolls that the GT boys have put on this forum for ages now. They're always trying to talk themselves up when they don't have the right to. So what if they have a hooker that benches 180kg, I mean, they even lost to the IGS 2NDXV. It doesn't matter whether its 2NDXV or 1STXV, The GT players think they are kings but they've only won one game ? Basically the scum of the GPS competition.

They surely talk the talk but when it comes to game day, they can't walk the walk. Congratulations though, I can't say ive ever experienced beating an NC team before.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
I was reffering to the trolls that the GT boys have put on this forum for ages now. They're always trying to talk themselves up when they don't have the right to. So what if they have a hooker that benches 180kg, I mean, they even lost to the IGS 2NDXV. It doesn't matter whether its 2NDXV or 1STXV, The GT players think they are kings but they've only won one game ? Basically the scum of the GPS competition.

They surely talk the talk but when it comes to game day, they can't walk the walk. Congratulations though, I can't say ive ever experienced beating an NC team before.

Now now, you can't complain about trolls and then call them the scum of the comp ... That's basically trolling.

Anyway, anyone who think GT will win is being a bit silly ... If they are competative, that will be a big thing considering what happened last year.

Having said that ... IGS beat TSS, TSS beat NC, and GT came close to IGS ... So it's possible GT can win!

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Having said that . IGS beat TSS, TSS beat NC, and GT came close to IGS . So it's possible GT can win!

GT could only win against NC if they played on same terms as TSS. That is NC being without Tuttle. He is the key player and NC look pretty ordinary without him.

Now I heard Larosa shut him down in the trial game which kept GT in the game. However, Tuttle was just coming off a couple of weeks of rep football so may have been fatigued. It will be interesting to see if Larosa can repeat the effort or if Tuttle adjusts.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
GT could only win against NC if they played on same terms as TSS. That is NC being without Tuttle. He is the key player and NC look pretty ordinary without him.

Now I heard Larosa shut him down in the trial game which kept GT in the game. However, Tuttle was just coming off a couple of weeks of rep football so may have been fatigued. It will be interesting to see if Larosa can repeat the effort or if Tuttle adjusts.

TSS 31 d NC 19 ... Tuttle accounts for 13 points, two converted trys? Maybe ...

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
TSS flogs BSHS
BGS flogs BBC
Nudgee win by 7 over GT
IGS flogs TGS
Churchie have a great win against the bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.