• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Thanx oldref. If that is true, it means Terrace were held scoreless in the second half.
Halftime score was 5 all when I left to find a seat in the grandstand for the Firsts game.

Terrace looked like they would in it at half time. They did blow a massive chance, the last Nudgee defender committed a shoulder charge which was penalised but probably should have been a YC.

In the second half Terrace lost the plot, poor defence, lack of intensity and attitude. Was a serious let down!

GT was also robbed by a Nudgee parent who referees the 16 Bs... He awarded a Nudgee try while playing advantge to GT. He then called back a Terrace L/O win to count numbers and then called the game off 3 minutes early... Was a joke!

Biggest news of the day was the massive 13A win to GT ... 39-0 ... In four years time I'd wager GT's firsts will be in fine form.

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
Terrace looked like they would in it at half time. They did blow a massive chance, the last Nudgee defender committed a shoulder charge which was penalised by probably should have been a YC.

In the second half Terrace lost the plot, poor defence, lack of intensity and attitude. Was a serious let down!

GT was also robbed by a Nudgee parent who referees the 16 Bs. He awarded a Nudgee try while playing advantge to GT. He then called back a Terrace L/O win to count numbers and then called the game off 3 minutes early. Was a joke!

Mate no matter what you say, the referee is always right. In every situation. No matter what you say or believe, the ref is always correct

T

tightfive

I have confirmed with the referee of that game that Nudgee won the 16As 27-5 in a game that was much closer than the scores indicated.
BGS v BBC 16A score was wrong on GPS site as well. BGS won 49-3. 7 converted tries.

something

Jim Clark (26)
can someone share some light into the BGS v BBC game? Grammar winning when down by 2 tries with 10 mins to go is pretty exciting - who played well etc?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Biggest news of the day was the massive 13A win to GT . 39-0 . In four years time I'd wager GT's firsts will be in fine form.

I have spoken to some Terrace parents about this team and there are some impressive bloodlines in this 13A team. ( while being related to good players does not necessarily mean the same performance or results, the names piqued my interest). Some of the players in this team include Birgan, Reiser, Nasser and Lucas. Not saying they are the standout players, but results would suggest pedigree is helping.

I think next weeks game, BSHS v GT, will be "premiership" decider in this age group. I saw BSHS "recruit" heavily for this age group at a rep carnival last year which has brought a team of good players together. BSHS will be formidable with the addition of Semisi next year(if that report is correct). NC will probably look at some nearby schools to boost their talent base and competitiveness in this age group over the next couple of years. There are some very handy players at St Pats and Padua in this age group who would make a difference.

I hear what another contributor says about this forum thread being no place for discussing u13. Just thought I would add some "colour" now to this age group that can be dug up with the 2016 Brisbane GPS thread in a little over three years away.

NCGPSRUGBY2012

Bob McCowan (2)
That semesi is a gun, and would have made up the 38 points against Terrace trust me. State High seem to be focussing on the future rather then this year with their A teams doing very well. Same with alot of schools though, Nudgee will of course bring in new blood next year and I also know that Terrace is bringing in a whole heap of players with 3 players alone just in my mates younger brothers team heading to terrace next year to repeat grade 9. One of these boys mother also told me that her best freinds boys are heading to Terrace next year to be in the u16 and u15 age groups. A bit
hypocritical if you ask me but they sure do need it. Any other knews of recruitments next year?

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
After seeing quite a few of the teams this year, I can really see State High winning the wooden spoon. Talk about going from the penthouse to the outhouse for such a distinguished rugby program.
Terrace already has a win (& more ticker this year) and BBC is on 3 points.
Churchie (1 point) will get some wins as pride will take over now that expectations have been shattered.
There are bigger kids in the State High U15A's than a lot of the 1sts!

P

ProneBone613

TGS 26 d IGS 22. Good quality game. A nail biter finish as IGS on the line and looked certain to score to win the game and knocked on and that was it. Pretty bed for IGS rugby as they did not win 1 game the entire day with some pretty big scores recorded. The 15Aside were undefeated up until today and TGS won convincingly 41 to 17.
Ipswich's 1st and 15A's both look like premiership winning teams. The 15A's were missing 3 key players, and just didnt seem to click on the day. Should have beat tgs by 10+. The 1st for igs where however very unlucky, having a penalty on the tgs try line after the hooter. I believe the hooker for igs tapped it and knocked it on as he went to pass to takau.

G

GPS fan

Ipswich's 1st and 15A's both look like premiership winning teams. The 15A's were missing 3 key players, and just didnt seem to click on the day. Should have beat tgs by 10+. The 1st for igs where however very unlucky, having a penalty on the tgs try line after the hooter. I believe the hooker for igs tapped it and knocked it on as he went to pass to takau.

BGS could say the exact same thing about last week as well.

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
I live nearby Reg and I'm a neutral but don't think I can get there, too much work on. Should be a cracker of a game, is it being filmed as usual

Despite some requests I couldn't get a camera there owing to earlier commitments. I wish I'd been able to.

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
Sorry mate they had 1 key player out and sorry to say they were just severely outplayed on the day. There front row would have weighed more than the entire TGS pack yet if you throw a ball around enough the big fellars just can't keep up and run out of puff. TGS U15s just played smart rugby and IGS had no answer. Half time score was 12 to 10 to IGS how do you explain a 41 to 17 score line to TGS if they were just lucky . Go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.