• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GPS fan

Shut up. This used to be such a good read until you terrace and grammar (schoolboys I presume) posters decided to make it like a spring hill facebook shitfight.

Grammar are kidding themselves if they are comparing their depth to tss, nudgee, particularly nudgee.

Terrace are kidding themselves if they are comparing their sporting ability to grammar/any other school. end.\

you know what they say about rear ends ends and opinions.......

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
With the best four 16 A's players in the firsts and they still managed to get a draw? All the 16's games were quite close, same with the 15's and 14's.

From earlier posts I think you will find that GT had eight u16 players I the 1st XV on the weekend and I believe there are another two year 11 players who have been injured.

Nudgee are probably next highest in u16 players with six or seven and another two who have played Firsts at one time or another.

BSHS would also be close with the number of u16's running out at one time or another.

Churchie had one of the lowest u16 representations before injury plagued it. I am not sure how many u16's have ended running out this year for Churchie but I cannot think of too many.

Maybe for the GPS Queensland 2013 thread, but would be interesting to see the u16/year 11 players with First XV experience for next year.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Also the recent postings about depth are interesting. The GPS association should create a trophy for best all round rugby school. The top four teams from each age group could contribute to the overall points and reward the school with the most "depth" or quality of rugby programme through all levels.

The rowing Old Boys Cup was introduced almost 25 years ago to do exactly the same thing and I do know that competitors in the lowest crews at some schools know that they are making a valuable and equal contribution to the overall points as the 1st VIII.

Now without a doubt Nudgee would be writing their name on the trophy more often than not, but I believe it would focus some schools across the whole of their rugby programme rather than the elite end.

There will be some schools that will have a whine that they don't have enough teams to compete. But I say "tough!". If TSS (being the smallest QLD GPS school by student numbers) can field four teams in each age group then every other school should be able to.

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I was deciding on what time I should arrive at Ross Oval to watch BGS play Nudgee in the Premiership decider. What will you be doing this Saturday afternoon?
Well it would be rather silly not to watch your schools chance at a rugby premiership for the first time in twenty years now wouldn't it? I'll see you their to hopefully watch a great days play of rugby, regardless of the result.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Shut up. This used to be such a good read until you terrace and grammar (schoolboys I presume) posters decided to make it like a spring hill facebook shitfight.

Grammar are kidding themselves if they are comparing their depth to tss, nudgee, particularly nudgee.

Terrace are kidding themselves if they are comparing their sporting ability to grammar/any other school. end.\

Spot on, and the reason I have stopped contributing to this forum. The trolls need to go back to where they came from, its tiring reading what some oxygen thieves have to say on a daily basis, as if we don't put up with enough with it in the workplace.

On another note. Best of luck to Grammar against the boys in blue and white. It should be a fierce contest but individually I think Grammar have it man-for-man, if Nudgee keeps it in the forwards then BGS might struggle to match the physicality and size of the Nudgee pack, that being said, BGS would have to have the stronger backline with the likes of Greene and Aiono. Write off either team at your own peril but from what I have seen the premiership is going to Northgate for the first time in donkeys years. Let's hope the match is the spectacle it promises to be and may the best team win.

G

GPS fan

Light you really do have a mightier than though attitude and based on your pre-season banter you have no reason to be. This is a thread for schoolboys rugby as you have been reminded by others previously so I would suggest you return to your "workplace" and move on to the big boys forums discussing the Wallabies, Super 15 and Premiers competitions.

You mentioned that you had stopped contributing, nobody picked up that you were no longer contributing (they may have thought you had moved on to the more adult threads) which means you were not missed. Leave schoolboy rugby threads to the schoolboys and stop living in the past, Save that for your next old boy reunion.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
I think Damon Emtage and Julian Gardner have done a sensational job with the BGS team this year. Many have been writing them off, but so many times they have shown they have the ticker to prove the naysayers wrong.

Nudgee, even with a younger team have been so physically imposing all over the field and led by some great playmakers.

We do not often see a true Grand Final winner takes all in the last round of QLD GPS competition, so this will be a cracker.

My tip - NC. Been there too many times and also just had the weekend off to recover from an intense week to week season. But I do hope BGS prove me wrong and take their first outright premiership in 40 years. A great story and lesson for all those who predicted the death of BGS rugby after their 100 plus point flogging by BSHS a few years ago.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
And finally, a big shout out to Spikhaza for (I believe) his final game for BBC this weekend. He has provided some great insight into the BBC rugby programme and teams and has always worn his colours proudly. I hope you enjoy it and have a great game.

G

Galloper95

have gps ever had an aggregate cup for the school that wins the most premierships from 13's-opens in the a-c teams?

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Just like to add that the GT 13A who are underfeated so far and have won this years premiership currently have no kids on scholarships or imports. Completely screwed with the whole requiring scholarships.(not really but you get what I mean) in the next few years however im guessing they will get some imports

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
have gps ever had an aggregate cup for the school that wins the most premierships from 13's-opens in the a-c teams?

No and nobody could compete with nudgee on that one. Nudgee play many rounds winning every game in every age group. The only schools that can beat them are TSS who win a handful here and there and GT who win 3 or 4 in the lower teams. Churchie might win a few too. Nudgee are the perfect example of a great rugby school unlike Grammar who against TSS won in the firsts then lost the 2nds, 3rds, 4ths and 5ths all by over 40 points. Sorry to target grammar most recent example I could think off

Yoloruggers

Stan Wickham (3)
I think all of this talk about the final should cease. It surely puts more pressure than is needed on the players involved. Talking about it on here is pointless, we will see on the day who is the better rugby team and what should be one of the most fantastic games of GPS rugby ever.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)

It's probably a good idea to just ignore the last 3-4 pages of posts, it's just a whole heap of BGS vs. GT argument for arguments sake. Rather than dwelling on the ultimately inconsequential rivalry between the Spring Hill schools we should all be focusing on the upcoming Grand Final and the wonderful seasons of not only BGS and NC, but schools like IGS, TSS and TGS as well.

FreshCream

Frank Row (1)
Anyone know result go Tgs v Bshs in the 16As?
The TGS vs BSHS 16's game was 28-12 to BSHS there was alot of main standout was the 1st 15 squad player Antonio Asiata there was pritty much no one that was to stop him, although tgs did not give up but could not finish,

It was a good win for BSHS 16's

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Saying Grammar have no depth is stupid because even through serious injuries to our #7 Andrew Saunders and our prop Nick Anderson we have still been able to win games on a regular occasion and in turn are playing for the premiership this Saturday. That is right not TSS or IGS because despite injuries grammar has found a way to win with the other skilful players they have. And just because our 2nd's got fucked by one team does not mean we have no depth because in fact the majority of the bench in the firsts in the past weeks has actually been 16A players
If Nick Anderson had been in the season, BGS would have had such a better season. Still needing to know whether he will take the field against NC - The explosive power which he would bring to the team would be amazing. He has been doing lots of running and rowing so should be in good shape but the only issue I can see is his position. Nobody lately has been playing sub par in the BGS team, the only person he might get a run on for could be Morrey. He hasn't had a standout performance in the games and Anderson said he would be happy to play flanker. Grammar might need some forwards to play strongly at the breakdowns.

R

ruckandmall

Edit:
Rumour has it at BGS that Anderson has been ruled out of 1st XV bench this weekend with 2nd XV star hooker George Rafter expected to be in the 16 jersey for the 1sts and possible run on should injury speculation in the bgs front row be confirmed at contact trainings end. Rafter has had an impressive season in the 2nd XV side and will surely add some serious fire power to the Grammar forward pack this weekend should he get a run, judging from his previous games I can only assume Nudgee will struggle to contain him and would be great to see him in the starting 15 - also has been asked to repeat for the 2013 season, not sure of his decision however

B

BOLO_lol

The TGS vs BSHS 16's game was 28-12 to BSHS there was alot of main standout was the 1st 15 squad player Antonio Asiata there was pritty much no one that was to stop him, although tgs did not give up but could not finish,

Seriously? If you're referring to the centre who repeatedly kept getting bumped off then you're just down right trolling! Was one of the poorest performances i've seen from him, alot of potential though. No. 10 stood out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.