• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
If Nick Anderson had been in the season, BGS would have had such a better season. Still needing to know whether he will take the field against NC - The explosive power which he would bring to the team would be amazing. He has been doing lots of running and rowing so should be in good shape but the only issue I can see is his position. Nobody lately has been playing sub par in the BGS team, the only person he might get a run on for could be Morrey. He hasn't had a standout performance in the games and Anderson said he would be happy to play flanker. Grammar might need some forwards to play strongly at the breakdowns.
I see your point, The Grammar 1st XV has no weak points in their side and that's why they have been so ssuccesful. Pat Morrey was put into the 1st XV half way through the season has scored tries almost every game, he is a very powerful player and seems to be the guy that picks and drives across the line every game.
It is tough for the coaches to decide whether to replace someone in the forward pack or put Anderson in the 2nd XV.

On a side note, seeming as IGS's season is over apart from downlands this weekend, how would you sum them up this year? who were stand outs? who are we to look out for next year?

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
I see your point, The Grammar 1st XV has no weak points in their side and that's why they have been so ssuccesful. Pat Morrey was put into the 1st XV half way through the season has scored tries almost every game, he is a very powerful player and seems to be the guy that picks and drives across the line every game.
It is tough for the coaches to decide whether to replace someone in the forward pack or put Anderson in the 2nd XV.

I think the selection of Nick could have to come down to his performance in the 2nds. If he has a blinder, they should put him on the bench, but I doubt the strictly planned coaches of Gardner and Emtage will do so. Real pity... On a side note, is their any talk about Lewis' injury?

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
I was talki(ng about individual players in the 16A's or current 1st XV players that look like they have some direction in the future.
My apologies my good sir. In terms of impact players IMO Junior Fakaaosilea will prove to be the biggest handful for opposition. To be fair, BBC has had an extremely unlucky season with up to 5 rep players injured all throughout the season and i believe the loss of Junior played a big role in their decline as they relied so heavily on him throught crash balls etc..
Other notable players that have featured in the 16a's throughout the year that i can remember are; Leleisiuao (nc) ,Halliday (bgs), Sitanilei (gt), Schafer (acgs), Hagan (nc), Asiata (bshs), Naopoto (bshs)... I really could go on.

T

tightfive

The TGS vs BSHS 16's game was 28-12 to BSHS there was alot of main standout was the 1st 15 squad player Antonio Asiata there was pritty much no one that was to stop him, although tgs did not give up but could not finish,

It was a good win for BSHS 16's

Thanks mate. They've had a good season. Good base for the firsts next year. Cheers.

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
My apologies my good sir. In terms of impact players IMO Junior Fakaaosilea will prove to be the biggest handful for opposition. To be fair, BBC has had an extremely unlucky season with up to 5 rep players injured all throughout the season and i believe the loss of Junior played a big role in their decline as they relied so heavily on him throught crash balls etc..
Other notable players that have featured in the 16a's throughout the year that i can remember are; Leleisiuao (nc) ,Halliday (bgs), Sitanilei (gt), Schafer (acgs), Hagan (nc), Asiata (bshs), Naopoto (bshs). I really could go on.

Hagan hasn't played a game this season. Been injured for whole season

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Hagan hasn't played a game this season. Been injured for whole season
Quite true, but im talking in the context of great individual players in the u16 age group for next years comp. Hagans acceleration, which is arguably his strongest asset has declined over the years no w that you mention him.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Hagan wont be firsts next year unless he gets fit and loses his gut

Nudgee's great depth means that great rugby players like Hagan will still have to fight for a spot. And in an above comment you say that Grammar has no weak spots well that is a complete lie and you will most likely see that this weekend

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
I meant that every player is generally solid in gameplay and if you had to pick the worst 3 players in the team, it would be a very hard choice!!

P

Perpetual motion

Nudgee's great depth means that great rugby players like Hagan will still have to fight for a spot. And in an above comment you say that Grammar has no weak spots well that is a complete lie and you will most likely see that this weekend

A complete lie? It's an opinion is all, which is more or less what this whole forum is comprised of isn't it (apart from the odd troll)?

redatheart

Frank Nicholson (4)
[quote=" Leave schoolboy rugby threads to the schoolboys and stop living in the past, Save that for your next old boy reunion.[/quote]

Really not trying to pick a fight here but this particular thread has 212000 views. Lots of schoolboys, oldboys, rugby enthusiasts, mums and dads, ref's, teachers would probably be reading this. The NSW one is even more read. I dont think it is just for schoolboys.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Hagan didn't even make the Met North 100m final this year for U16s, he's got a long way to go if he wants to make it in athletics even at a junior level. Wasted talent.

That is a not good for the young man. I remember a newspaper article a couple of years ago that highlighted his many talents and how he had multiple AFL and NRL clubs chasing him to sign up for their junior scholarship programmes.

However, I think his injuries over the last year or so has not allowed him to be active. Good to hear he is back on the track even if a bit slower than what he is used to.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
And in an above comment you say that Grammar has no weak spots well that is a complete lie and you will most likely see that this weekend
What I was saying is that the BGS firsts team has no person who is below par or not pulling their weight. It is almost impossible to pick someone who would be replaced as every player is consistently having solid games and the odd standout. In my opinion, the tight 5 are astounding at the ruck, loose forwards have great mobility (Gilbert and Morrey making great runs, not to mention Cornelsen) and the backs... well, enough said with Greene, Aiono, Marsden, Starr-Thomas, Radford (possibly) and Birch with reserves like Laud, Forsyth and Kemp.

FreshCream

Frank Row (1)
Seriously? If you're referring to the centre who repeatedly kept getting bumped off then you're just down right trolling! Was one of the poorest performances i've seen from him, alot of potential though. No. 10 stood out for me.
He was more of a standout as he broke the TGS lines and set a good momentum for the BSHS pack during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.