• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster

Peter Burge (5)
quote="Black234, post: 523189, member: 9998"]Whatever happened to breeding 1st XV players from grade 8 through to 12?[/quote]

BBC had 8 of the run on side in 1sts today who have been at school at least since grade 9 - 2,5,7,8,11,12,14,15. 4 more have been there for the last 2 years (1,3,10,13) with the remainder in grade 10 or 11. How many other schools have more than half of their current run on side at the school for that time?

Monster

Peter Burge (5)
Well, can you post State High 15A team list.

BBC Potential Premiers?? Really
State High 15A team came within 5 points of Beating and they have never imported. State Highs 15A back line was disjointed as well with players out of position due to injurys. They also destroyed BBC in the trial Game when they had only one player out .
If BBC have to Buy there Premierships i dont think that is in the spirit of GPS Rugby

Only GPS premiership is for the Firsts!

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
quote="Black234, post: 523189, member: 9998"]Whatever happened to breeding 1st XV players from grade 8 through to 12?

BBC had 8 of the run on side in 1sts today who have been at school at least since grade 9 - 2,5,7,8,11,12,14,15. 4 more have been there for the last 2 years (1,3,10,13) with the remainder in grade 10 or 11. How many other schools have more than half of their current run on side at the school for that time?[/quote]

I know that TGS and GT have a vast majorty of players who have being attending there schools since year 8. BGS and possibly a few others would fit this criteria.

Monster

Peter Burge (5)
BBC had 8 of the run on side in 1sts today who have been at school at least since grade 9 - 2,5,7,8,11,12,14,15. 4 more have been there for the last 2 years (1,3,10,13) with the remainder in grade 10 or 11. How many other schools have more than half of their current run on side at the school for that time?

I know that TGS and GT have a vast majorty of players who have being attending there schools since year 8. BGS and possibly a few others would fit this criteria.[/quote]

Agree re TGS and GT. BGS have only 2 or 3 run on players from grade 8 I think you will find

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
BBC Potential Premiers?? Really
State High 15A team came within 5 points of Beating and they have never imported. State Highs 15A back line was disjointed as well with players out of position due to injurys. They also destroyed BBC in the trial Game when they had only one player out .
If BBC have to Buy there Premierships i dont think that is in the spirit of GPS Rugby

Round 4 results:

15A: TSS 10 drew NC 10; BBC 22 d ACGS 5; TGS 24 d GT 0; IGS 20 d BSHS 7

What happened to the State High team?

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Who remembers BSHS 2009 First XV undefeated Premiers

1.Paul Emile
2.Joe O'Regan
3.Dom Rekei
4.Curtis Browning
5.Liam Eagle
6.Jayden Scheck
7.Jordan Tuapou (capt)
8.Matt Ika
9.Sam Caslick
10.Rohan Saifoloi
11.Chrsis F'Sautia
12.Akeem Faavala
13.Matt Garland
14.Walter Petaia
15.Joe Lalagavesi

Coaches:
Mr. G.Noon
Mr. D.Eagle

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Sounds like a great weekend of footy. So much for my tips. We all know there are scholarships and such and it's pretty darn difficult now days to be successful without them but let's not talk to much about them in this thread.
I would rather know who played well, who scored, injuries.... Etc.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)

1.Paul Emile
2.Joe O'Regan
3.Dom Rekei
4.Curtis Browning
5.Liam Eagle
6.Jayden Scheck
7.Jordan Tuapou (capt)
8.Matt Ika
9.Sam Caslick
10.Rohan Saifoloi
11.Chrsis F'Sautia
12.Akeem Faavala
13.Matt Garland
14.Walter Petaia
15.Joe Lalagavesi

Coaches:
Mr. G.Noon
Mr. D.Eagle

I could have sworn there'd be more Super names in the team. Paul Alo-Emile at the rebels, Curtis B at the reds EPS, Chris F Sautia at the reds. Petaia is a familiar name, but that's probably because I remember him at school. Does anybody know where they are now?

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
I rocked up today to watch my first GPS 1st XV game between TSS & Nudgee as I plan to send my 11yo to one of these schools in the future and I wanted to check out the 'action', so to speak.

'The boy' came along with his elderly 'rugby-loving' grandmother and we settled into some seats behind this very vocal mob of young men in blue blazers... some also wearing 'blue, red and white'. Nice bunch but they kept standing up during the game singing and chanting.

I turned to my boy and noticed that his eyes were wide-open. A smile spread across his face as the chanting grew amidst the two teams running out onto the field in their respective turns. Great Stuff!!

It was then hard to notice much of what was going on due to all those boys constantly standing up in front... I noticed one of them must of agreed with me because I caught him emotionally mouthing that he wasn't too impressed about having to do another chant.

However, we did see a bit of magic as the TSS Half-Back scooted down the blind, stepping back inside to drag two defending Nudgee players whilst brilliantly flicking a blind pass outside for the looping 10 to have a challenging but successful run to the try line. Entertaining stuff!!!

Although TSS dominated the scrums, it was all Nudgee from hereon. The Nudgee pack dominated general play and went in for two trys by some simple low pick and drives near the TSS try line.

{It was interesting to me that our u11s have recently practiced against this type of attack. What was the main message I ask you? Get off your line! Not so for TSS who were unable to do exactly that on those two occasions. Easily said than done though!}

Before you knew it, the score was 5-30 to Nudgee. Not to be out done, TSS started to throw the ball around and played with more confidence. The score narrowed quickly as the TSS trys kept rolling-in. Time was running out and it sure did in the end with the final score 26-30 to Nudgee.

Summary: Nudgee simply got across the advantage line too easily, something that TSS struggled to do for most of the match. The scoreboard doesn't tell the whole story, but for me; it was the Nudgee forward pack that made the difference and also their ability to penetrate through the centres.

My highlights:
  • The duel between the mascots at half time.
  • Good spirits by both team's supporters.
  • I love the initial try by TSS - that was pretty impressive!!
  • Nudgee forwards and centres getting across the advantage line.
  • The TSS fight back.
Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season!!

er4rtr4

Frank Row (1)
Taipan168 said:
1.Paul Emile
2.Joe O'Regan
3.Dom Rekei
4.Curtis Browning
5.Liam Eagle
6.Jayden Scheck
7.Jordan Tuapou (capt)
8.Matt Ika
9.Sam Caslick
10.Rohan Saifoloi
11.Chrsis F'Sautia
12.Akeem Faavala
13.Matt Garland
14.Walter Petaia
15.Joe Lalagavesi
Coaches:
Mr. G.Noon
Mr. D.Eagle

Didnt joel faulkner play in this team?

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Awesome
I rocked up today to watch my first GPS 1st XV game between TSS & Nudgee as I plan to send my 11yo to one of these schools in the future and I wanted to check out the 'action', so to speak.

'The boy' came along with his elderly 'rugby-loving' grandmother and we settled into some seats behind this very vocal mob of young men in blue blazers. some also wearing 'blue, red and white'. Nice bunch but they kept standing up during the game singing and chanting.

I turned to my boy and noticed that his eyes were wide-open. A smile spread across his face as the chanting grew amidst the two teams running out onto the field in their respective turns. Great Stuff!!

It was then hard to notice much of what was going on due to all those boys constantly standing up in front. I noticed one of them must of agreed with me because I caught him emotionally mouthing that he wasn't too impressed about having to do another chant.

However, we did see a bit of magic as the TSS Half-Back scooted down the blind, stepping back inside to drag two defending Nudgee players whilst brilliantly flicking a blind pass outside for the looping 10 to have a challenging but successful run to the try line. Entertaining stuff!!!

Although TSS dominated the scrums, it was all Nudgee from hereon. The Nudgee pack dominated general play and went in for two trys by some simple low pick and drives near the TSS try line.

{It was interesting to me that our u11s have recently practiced against this type of attack. What was the main message I ask you? Get off your line! Not so for TSS who were unable to do exactly that on those two occasions. Easily said than done though!}

Before you knew it, the score was 5-30 to Nudgee. Not to be out done, TSS started to throw the ball around and played with more confidence. The score narrowed quickly as the TSS trys kept rolling-in. Time was running out and it sure did in the end with the final score 26-30 to Nudgee.

Summary: Nudgee simply got across the advantage line too easily, something that TSS struggled to do for most of the match. The scoreboard doesn't tell the whole story, but for me; it was the Nudgee forward pack that made the difference and also their ability to penetrate through the centres.

My highlights:
  • The duel between the mascots at half time.
  • Good spirits by both team's supporters.
  • I love the initial try by TSS - that was pretty impressive!!
  • Nudgee forwards and centres getting across the advantage line.
  • The TSS fight back.
Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season!![/quo

Awesome post. We need more like this on this thread. Thank you

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Taipan168 said:
1.Paul Emile
2.Joe O'Regan
3.Dom Rekei
4.Curtis Browning
5.Liam Eagle
6.Jayden Scheck
7.Jordan Tuapou (capt)
8.Matt Ika
9.Sam Caslick
10.Rohan Saifoloi
11.Chrsis F'Sautia
12.Akeem Faavala
13.Matt Garland
14.Walter Petaia
15.Joe Lalagavesi
Coaches:
Mr. G.Noon
Mr. D.Eagle

Didnt joel faulkner play in this team?

This was the team for the Terrace game.

Maybe Joel Faulkner was injured.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
Another close game at Fursden Rd between BSHS and IGS. BSHS running out eventual winners (35-31, I think). While the contest in the forwards was pretty even, BSHS backs, particularly their wingers Southern and Pannochinni, assisted by some good runs by Iosefo won the day. I find it slightly amusing that all the writers to this panel have not woken up to the fact that BSHS is not last years side and is currently playing good rugby. They will continue to win games and challenge all sides.

Allblacks

Frank Row (1)
Another close game at Fursden Rd between BSHS and IGS. BSHS running out eventual winners (35-31, I think). While the contest in the forwards was pretty even, BSHS backs, particularly their wingers Southern and Pannochinni, assisted by some good runs by Iosefo won the day. I find it slightly amusing that all the writers to this panel have not woken up to the fact that BSHS is not last years side and is currently playing good rugby. They will continue to win games and challenge all sides.
Southern and Panochini finished well on the back of Bshs play makers 10 and 15
Isefo starting to show some form but needs to cut the unforced errors out of his game. Clearly Bshs were far better coached than IGS. IGS play same way rugby and have no back up plan. There 10 15 13. Australian reps. The kiwis must be licking there lips.

Schoolofhardknocks

Frank Nicholson (4)
There a lot of dam good talent at Nudgee hard to get a spot in any team some young man are on a rotation roster to play 5ths and 6ths there is to many for too few teams they could have had up to 8ths or 9ths bust wasn't feasible i believe.
Sometimes who have to go with the hard knocks of life and it doesn’t matter what team you’re in its all about you school and your team mates and doing the best you can with the card that is dealt to you and let’s not forget it’s just schoolboy rugby.
Too much finger pointing and pressure is but on school players and junior players at this stage of the rugby careers its more about what they do after school and aligning themselves with a good club and situation in colts while attending University or working that’s where they start to mature as rugby players and develop into the players of the future.
I have read this forum for many years and not commented some of the comments are great and factually but some are just pies in the sky and downright worthless.
Rugby is a game that I hold close to my heart and is sometimes to passionate about it builds great friendship and memories for life and unfortunately not ever can play Super 15.
And if the coaches believe you’re not good enough for that team go with the flow work harder, player better turn up at training 10 minutes early and you might be surprised what will happen with hard work and some sweat and maybe tears.

That’s rugby.

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
does anybody know what is going on with the nudgee open teams? Is the a problem with players and staff. I couldn't make it to yesterdays game but I was told by a nudgee parent that riley brennan, who played first XV games last season was running around in the 3rds
If this is true it's just because he's out of favour. Hussey, Aitsi, Whenoroa, Charl- Smith, Calaguay and Deshon are all very good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.