• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

morelando bloom

Peter Burge (5)
iii) Don't go to the RE. Ever.
Old mate Spikky, what do you have against the RE? Personally I find it a great establishment to knock back a few $4 basic spirits (what a disgrace), have a dart, talk to some lasses and engage in a bit of tonsil hockey. After all, what would a Morelando night out be without the 4D's? (For those wondering, that's Drinks, Darts and DD's).

On to the serious business - footy.

Word from the GT camp is that Alex Horan has not torn his ACL as I read a few pages back. Sorry Nudgee, no reprieve for you blokes from the kid with the best genes in the comp.

Up the red and black, and I hope to celebrate with many a happy old boy at Fridays after the Wobs trounce the darkness

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Would have expected a lot more rested players than that. TSS must be expecting a strong showing State high. very interesting.
Considering Churchie lost to them in round 1, with whom they drew with last week, you'd expect nothing less. Especially considering they have only come away with 1 competition point in the last 2 rounds, it wouldn't be the appropriate time to start resting players.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Sensing some déjà vu on this thread.

A couple of weeks ago Churchie supporters were sensing redemption after a massive win at Ross and thought that they had one hand on the cup. Then fell over against BBC.

Then the BBC supporters were talking up their first premiership since Jesus played for Jerusalem and had their eyes on the last round match against TSS. But then the wheels came off against GT.

Now GT are talking it up. Will it end in tears.....

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Haha very, although now it seems that Ross Oval isn't such a fortess.

I too had forgotten that BGS won there last year. My comment was in reference to Rd 1, 2011 when they lost to ACGS at Ross. The same ACGS team that undoubtedly 'choked' (for lack of a better word) against IGS after the mid semester break, it cost them the premiership that year.
If that ACGS side choked, it was against TSS when they let a 19-0 halftime lead become a 19-19 draw by foolishly kicking the ball to Aussie Schoolboy prop Peraka, not once but twice. The loss of Gunn (6) and Jardine (9) before half time did not help, and full credit to a resurgent TSS. The IGS game was a 13-10 loss with Churchie missing 5 kicks at goal and having a try disallowed under the posts, but that one loss would have mean a shared premiership with NC (who did not lose again that year - ACGS were second by a point - c'est la vie) had it not been for the TSS draw. Those boys certainly didn't choke when they were behind on Ross Oval with 4 minutes to play, nor did they choke against BSHS in a game played back at the old High School ground with F'Sautia, Browning, Swann and co running around and keen to win on the school's 90th birthday celebrations. "Choked" really does need a better word to replace it but I appreciate what your point is.

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Sensing some déjà vu on this thread.

Then the BBC supporters were talking up their first premiership since Jesus played for Jerusalem and had their eyes on the last round match against TSS. But then the wheels came off against GT.

Now GT are talking it up. Will it end in tears...
It certainly did last year, thats for sure.

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
I'm hearing on the vine that a number of 15A games have been cancelled for this week .. inc Nudgee - Terrace and I would dare say the games involving TGS and Downlands, as they would provide the bulk of the Darling Downs side. Also hearing some very experienced referees appointed to the Nudgee - Terrace deciders - maybe #refabit or #oldref can confirm?
Steve Leszczynski - Super Rugby TMO - is reffing NC v GT 1st XV

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
I noticed that Big game asked a few pages back regarding a live stream of the terrace nudgee, anyone know if this is possible? Currently overseas

Won't be happening sorry folks. At this stage only Churchie have thrown their weight (and IT resources) behind helping us with a stream.

Am looking into it for next year though. Will post here when it happens.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Massive old boys day at BBC tomorrow. With 7 different year reunions . Do not go there unless you want to hear about. Gould, Horwill , Genia and how BBC were once the top rowing school in the world having won the Henley Regatta against all comers .

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Massive old boys day at BBC tomorrow. With 7 different year reunions . Do not go there unless you want to hear about. Gould, Horwill , Genia and how BBC were once the top rowing school in the world having won the Henley Regatta against all comers .
Gold!

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
Got nothing on terrace nudgee, up the Christian brothers and erea

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Hey boys its your favourite tipster here for this weekends tips on a round that looks to be one of the biggest in the comp.

Tips:
TSS vs BSHS. TSS 25. TSS will be looking to come back into some form this weekend and i believe that there backs will make great inroads into state highs defence. Also it is seen that Evander is out this week which may not be the biggest loss because most weeks he doesnt even show up.

NC vs GT. GT by 3. This game could go both ways and i believe that the battle will be one in the backs and whoever holds the ball the longest will win it. GT #12 will need to catch the ball this week and actually tackle Attackers that run at him (Unlike last week) . GT #7 will need to have a big game and with his poor fitness showing over the last couple of weeks along with GT #1 they will need to find something from within. NC very strong pack and if the forwards of GT cant hold there weight NC may run away with it. Also seen that #5 for GT is one of the smallest in the comp and most useless i might add (never new that second rowers played fullback when your defending?.?.?) and will most likley be an easy target for NC attackers, Maybe they can knock that Ferret growing on his head, that he calls a hair cut.

Cant wait for a rippa weekend of footy and hope that all teams play fair, careful and safe footy. enjoy.

You are no one's favourite tipster with personal attacks on the players. If you cant be constructive then get out of the forum.

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
G
Just an idea,
What is everyones opinion on the premiers from both NSW GPS and QLD GPS having a game at the end of each season (like the NRL VS The Super league).
I know there is a difference in the ages.
Great idea. It'd be tough given that the seasons are different. They do it for premier grade don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom