• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
While these posts may be frivolous and can be ignored, your post is arrogant and obnoxious. What is it about BSHS that you don't like? Is it because it is a State School and therefore you feel does not belong with the more expensive private schools? Pray tell..

Guys please just ignore posts that stir **** and hit the report button. Don't give people the reaction they are looking for we aren't here to slag people off

flashy boy

Frank Row (1)
Most Depth and Premier school for 13s to 15s??? big call. I also question different hardening up rates.
GT have and have had since I remember a very very strong program for younger teams, they have the most depth and are the premier school for U13's 14's 15's. Simple as that. They have the most participation, eagerness and best coaching at those levels.

The other schools catch up to them later on due to other reasons including just hardening up (Edited). When some of the boys get a bit older in schools they realize they can take the game to them if they just have a crack wheras they would take the field in grade 8 / 9 expecting to lose.

This was the case with me in lower end teams, smashed by GT in 8,9,10, but we grew mentally in 11 and 12 and it was close despite probably having the same skill difference as years gone past - we had just grown up a bit and were prepared to have a go.

Factor in the fact that TSS are very weak early on and get stronger and all of a sudden GT are a mid table team. Same with lower grade teams.

Basically I'm saying that GT teach their kids about self belief and playing as a team in grade 8 and a lot of the other schools don't teach it till grade 10/11/12

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Guys please just ignore posts that stir **** and hit the report button. Don't give people the reaction they are looking for we aren't here to slag people off

I thought it was a fair response considering the circumstances. Not sure if mods have deleted the State High posts but I can't see anything wrong with the discussion they were having.

There are very few BSHS posters on these forums so any opinion is better than none.

If they were trolls, gngfiend was doing the wrong thing by engaging with them in the first place. It takes two to tango and in some cases it is better to appear stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

BSHS deserve to be in the GPS and are a school well and truly capable of winning the competition - lets leave it at that.

redatheart

Frank Nicholson (4)
A lot is said of the top 3 or 4 best players for each side, those who produce the brilliance, but as all players know, rugby is the ultimate team game. Sam Greene alone did not win the comp last year, he had an awesome pack who put their bodies on the line at every contest.

One of the things I like about Nudgee this year is that while Jones, Mafi, Tuttle and Magnay normally get a mention, the other 11 are unsung. It is also said that they are a shadow of previous years. Time will tell. I particularly like the white stripe brigade. No's 4,5,6,7 all wear white headbands and have dark hair. Similar builds. Is this to make themselves indistinguishable to the ref and the opposition? It seems to work. Opposition players probably swear that one guy smashes them every time they get the ball. Not to mention props who do the hard yards week after week.

I salute the unsung players who lay the foundation without ever standing in the spotlight. I suspect that is one of the strengths of a good program, making good and tough players so that the named ones can shine.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Sorry light the context of my comment was ambiguous. I meant ignore the posts having a go at State High, not the posts that told the posters to leave it out. Back to the rugby everyone

Natal shark

Peter Burge (5)
I agree with the unsung hero's in nudgee's side. A team is made of 15 players with 3 to 4 top class players but without the other 12 pr 13 team players they will not get a chance to shine well said. What do think of the upcoming game that Nudgee have.

StateHightTilliDie

Frank Row (1)
While these posts may be frivolous and can be ignored, your post is arrogant and obnoxious. What is it about BSHS that you don't like? Is it because it is a State School and therefore you feel does not belong with the more expensive private schools? Pray tell..

Not belonging with the expensive schools.
Haha what a joke.
Just because state high pay triple less what the private schools have to be in the same comp and beating ACGS and IGS.

redatheart

Frank Nicholson (4)
I agree with the unsung hero's in nudgee's side. A team is made of 15 players with 3 to 4 top class players but without the other 12 pr 13 team players they will not get a chance to shine well said. What do think of the upcoming game that Nudgee have.

When the unsung sing, no one can beat them. When they play like they did against Churchie, any good team can topple them. Ipswich is a good team, the question is which Nudgee will play. TSS met Nudgee inflamed, BSHS got roasted, GT got singed. Is the fire still burning or will they run out of puff. Hard to bet against the blue and white stripes with 2 games to go for a premiership.

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
When the unsung sing, no one can beat them. When they play like they did against Churchie, any good team can topple them. Ipswich is a good team, the question is which Nudgee will play. TSS met Nudgee inflamed, BSHS got roasted, GT got singed. Is the fire still burning or will they run out of puff. Hard to bet against the blue and white stripes with 2 games to go for a premiership.
When a fire starts to burn, right, it starts to spread. As long as BBC and TSS don't get the title I'll be happy. Blue white blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Some real interesting selections ... Really good red team but how will the 9 and 10's stand up at that level ... The centres are questionable .. Hope the coaches structure their game around the forwards... White team will struggle ...poor selections and looks like you just nominate two from each school... Very average and not the quality if previous years ... 1 player from Nudgee 16a's ... 2 from TSS 16's ...how many are from other 16 teams ... Even one player in the team that hasn't played a game this year ... Do these players suffer because they are playing that level and do you AIC players get a leg up because of the coach or comp... ??? ... You devalue the qld jersey with poor selections

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Some real interesting selections . Really good red team but how will the 9 and 10's stand up at that level . The centres are questionable .. Hope the coaches structure their game around the forwards. White team will struggle .poor selections and looks like you just nominate two from each school. Very average and not the quality if previous years . 1 player from Nudgee 16a's . 2 from TSS 16's .how many are from other 16 teams . Even one player in the team that hasn't played a game this year . Do these players suffer because they are playing that level and do you AIC players get a leg up because of the coach or comp. ??? . You devalue the qld jersey with poor selections

AIC players don't get a 'leg up'. If you'd been at the Schoolboy trials this year, you'd have seen that the results between GPS and AIC were quite close with GPS 1 drawing AIC 1. Let me remind you that two GPS players made Aus Schools this year whilst there were four from the AIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.