• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Nudgee vs Churchie

13A - Nudgee by 4 over Churchie (scrappy in tedious conditions) (both teams were well below the standard set by several AIC teams)
14A - not sure who won but I believe it was a 1 point game
15A - ???
16A - Churchie by 28 - 0 over Nudgee

*The Churchie 12B side certainly shows they have a lot of depth in that age group for future years. I was reffing this team and there structure and teamwork was honestly like that of any 'A' side of any age group. Could be because of there coach, Super Rugby TMO Steve
Leszczynski. They ended up beating the Nudgee side by well over 50 points.
Were you even at the ground after the u12 played.... The Churchie and Nudgee u13 aren't near the top teams in the comp and the Churchie and NC score was NC 49 - 0 in the tedious conditions as you put it ... Lol

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Two new recruits. The rest have been there from the beginning.
Lol... Your information is so wrong ... Put the team list up and I'll go through it and tell you were they came from what year they started ... Just remember that NC starts in year 5 ... Lol... And I am not even part of the school program .... Lol

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Lol. Your information is so wrong . Put the team list up and I'll go through it and tell you were they came from what year they started . Just remember that NC starts in year 5 . Lol. And I am not even part of the school program .. Lol

But isn't it a good thing that they are being brought into the school environment very early getting the benefit of all the structures that a school has to offer and be a part of the cohort rather than a Johnny come lately?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lol. Your information is so wrong . Put the team list up and I'll go through it and tell you were they came from what year they started . Just remember that NC starts in year 5 . Lol. And I am not even part of the school program .. Lol

Do not bother putting up a "name and shame" scholarship list for a particular school on this thread.

It will be deleted by the Moderators.

Some minor tolerance exists for generic, and occasional mention of scholarships on this thread.

You want to talk about scholarships in detail, then go to the School Sporting Scholarships thread, not here.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
There were at least two if not three more who were injured at time of selection and ruled out.
You didn't just toss up the bjru as a measure of talent did you ...?? Are you kidding who actually cares about that sub standard pathway ... I'm even saying that and my son was part of it... And no he isn't at NC ... Lol

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Do not bother putting up a "name and shame" scholarship list for a particular school on this thread.

It will be deleted by the Moderators.

Some minor tolerance exists for generic, and occasional mention of scholarships on this thread.

You want to talk about scholarships in detail, then go to the School Sporting Scholarships thread, not here.
Good because I sick of people thinking they know who and who isn't on a deal ... Just trying to put done honesty in some peoples comments. .. If your parent stop listening to rumour and if your a player just play. ... If your in recruitment I guess you know ... are you ??

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
But isn't it a good thing that they are being brought into the school environment very early getting the benefit of all the structures that a school has to offer and be a part of the cohort rather than a Johnny come lately?
You'd certainly hope so Dark Shark - you'd have to question the motives however when they top up an already strong team from last year .

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
Two new recruits. The rest have been there from the beginning.
Yup , of course they are Old School - and they will all still be there next year, and the year after, except probably in the Cs and Ds then because of yet further imports in a vain attempt to build the perfect beast !
As a test, lets see how many of this year's Nudgee 13As run on in the 14As next year - my call is less than half !

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Yup , of course they are Old School - and they will all still be there next year, and the year after, except probably in the Cs and Ds then because of yet further imports in a vain attempt to build the perfect beast !
As a test, lets see how many of this year's Nudgee 13As run on in the 14As next year - my call is less than half !

Can anyone win..... Attract them to the school early due to their advanced rugby program /or get them in on minimal scholarships early.....or wait until year 11 or 12? Isn't it better to get them in early then fill the gaps for later years? Seriously!!! Does anyone really think the schools would have players on scholarships from years 7,8,9 and continue to subsidise them they didn't deserve it? Also gives no credit to those students who make it all the way through from the start to the end with no scholarship .....

Smokin Joe

Frank Row (1)
BBC yesterday had Ikitau kicking as he did against TSS and was unsuccessful again he also was sent off leaving BBC a man down.
BBC have stopped believing in themselves.
With Barker unable to effectively communicate to the boys except post match to tell them what options they did not do correctly.No ability to get into their brains to give them the belief as a whole that they can WIN.
How can a coach not inspire boys be coaching at this level when BBC have coaches that you can see lift and motivate teams.
Also have heard that he is not consistent with all boys having to attend all training sessions unless hurt or sick.
This has allowed boys to sleep in ,and not attend these early morning sessions in the gym cause they do not want to get up!
BUT they are still in the team-why?
And as he is not personally in attendance from the beginning to the end of every training session looking it over and seeing for himself who is committed and has those work ethics in the gym.This also would have shown the boys he was interested in everything and started a good ongoing relationship with them but from what I hear there is always a barrier with him.
What has these choices Barker communicated to the wider BBC rugby community?
And again why was not a kicker decided a term ago?
Part of kicking is a belief that the boy can kick from himself.
But BBC coaching staff overlooked this important role till GT trial game.
I don't believe it is the coaches fault but a combination of a lot of factors.
They need to review now not post season or should I say it is already the end of BBC 2014 season.

It is only for the 1stXV especially for that eluded Premiership.

I watched the BBC 15A's Play and they grinded through the bad weather to take the close encounter by the smallest of margins, needless to say great talent coming though for BBC. In that type of weather it was who could hold onto the ball longer without too many errors.
This proved to be the case also for the "was" unbeaten BBC 16's who went down by a penalty in the last few minutes with a crucial mistake in there own half giving the penlty shot to State high to win.
BBC let BSHS off the hook by trying too many offload's and ball security in the wet weather cost them. BSHS were aggressive resorting to purely one off running and keeping the ball down the BBC half at all cost then forcing BBC to make the errors in their own red zone. Cant say too many positive things about the BSHS coaches barking orders like it was life or death...So negative!!

The 2nds game was back and forth with some really good talent displayed by both teams. The inside centre for BSHS scooped up a dropped ball and scored showing some blistering speed. He was also a great defender. Taua who played outside centre was disappointing, the biggest kid but not a smart footballer unfortunately, massive boot as always but needs to learn the game better and learn to use his size more.
BBC I thought had the better pack but lacked team work. Their big prop made some bulldozing runs and at times isolated himself and not passing, the 8 scored off the back of some others putting in the hard yards, he just needs to get fit. The blonde second rower was great and worked all day but the openside flanker was pretty special. He was fast, made several breaks from the scrum, jackalled well resulting to turn overs, tackled well but what was evident, he was by far the fittest on the paddock he didn't look beefy at all but really effective and hard, probably good enough to play up in any other school.

The 1stXV started well for the BBC crowd but you just knew that if BSHS scored to level in the first half, State would have their tails up. BSHS were amazing on defence with Tuaine the hardest man on the field for me. Apart from Ben at 8 for BBC breaking the line several times, Tuaine simply was amazing and outplayed his opposite. Maybe light around 80+ kilo's (Tuaine) but by far the most effective forward.
The little Martin Koorts was also amazing around the field again and tiny and much lighter but faster then the BBC pack. (Maybe the BBC 2nds flanker could have been a better option to compensate for a slower BBC pack). The 6 & 7 were lackluster compared to BSHS back rowers but BBC Ben at 8 was the best runner but not the best performer. The 5 for BBC was way fitter then anyone in the BBC pack, he was really impressive, just a shame there was no one as fit as him to back him up. He ran all day, cleaned up ball which is all the hard stuff that most back rowers might do. This kid is amazing and not trying to make him look like the star but when no one for BBC was in position to take it up the guts he was fit enough to get in position to do it himself.
BBC Centre Sam was by far the best back and without him the back line would crumble. His commitment to the tackle worked well with how he read the game. He will go places!! Problem is, he is the spine of the back line, break the spine BBC have nothing left.
If BBC had a kicker, they could have escaped embarrassment. All I heard the BBC students saying near the canteen was "their is no team, the only person on that field that has been their since year 8 is Sam, the rest are in the seconds", They need a leader that they respect and that needs to filter from the top, down to the 1stXV.

yumoo

Frank Row (1)

Of the five Australian Schoolboys at NC last year two started in yr 7, two started in yr 8 and one started in yr 10. Says a lot for the Rugby Program I believe

Roscoe

Frank Nicholson (4)
You've asked a pretty subjective question, so I'll give you my opinion on the NC14a 2014
I believe they are better as they are a year older and even though we are yet to get through the half way point of the season have improved over the team they were last year. Last year they were crash and bash using their physical edge they had over other teams. This year not only do they still have that physical edge but their play from first phase or multiple phases is about manipulating the defense. Their understanding of varying the channels they are attacking befits a team of a older age group and they have the skill set to go with it.
I've probably put the mockers on them, as any team is beatable, but its going to take a team playing at the top of their game.

Good post Oldschool - Saw them play last year, and they were impressive which is why I asked because the teams I mentioned were also outstanding but not unusual for NC to dominate younger age groups.

HappyFeet415

Frank Row (1)
i think you all are to hard on BBC Yes its true i Heard that some BBC boys are sick and didnt go to training it was a hard game BBC Vs State High it went down to the last 5min BBC sessions is lost this year But next year you never known they have Big Gunter who i think would Be a great Capture for next year mind you he is playing with a bad chest if i was the coaches i wouldnt be making him play if you watch the games he is in paint but still plays on. jayden he is a great player foot work like no tomorrow i think them to will lead BBc next year.
Game report on churchie?

rugged01

Frank Row (1)

I watched the BBC 15A's Play and they grinded through the bad weather to take the close encounter by the smallest of margins, needless to say great talent coming though for BBC. In that type of weather it was who could hold onto the ball longer without too many errors.
This proved to be the case also for the "was" unbeaten BBC 16's who went down by a penalty in the last few minutes with a crucial mistake in there own half giving the penlty shot to State high to win.
BBC let BSHS off the hook by trying too many offload's and ball security in the wet weather cost them. BSHS were aggressive resorting to purely one off running and keeping the ball down the BBC half at all cost then forcing BBC to make the errors in their own red zone. Cant say too many positive things about the BSHS coaches barking orders like it was life or death.So negative!!

The 2nds game was back and forth with some really good talent displayed by both teams. The inside centre for BSHS scooped up a dropped ball and scored showing some blistering speed. He was also a great defender. Taua who played outside centre was disappointing, the biggest kid but not a smart footballer unfortunately, massive boot as always but needs to learn the game better and learn to use his size more.
BBC I thought had the better pack but lacked team work. Their big prop made some bulldozing runs and at times isolated himself and not passing, the 8 scored off the back of some others putting in the hard yards, he just needs to get fit. The blonde second rower was great and worked all day but the openside flanker was pretty special. He was fast, made several breaks from the scrum, jackalled well resulting to turn overs, tackled well but what was evident, he was by far the fittest on the paddock he didn't look beefy at all but really effective and hard, probably good enough to play up in any other school.

The 1stXV started well for the BBC crowd but you just knew that if BSHS scored to level in the first half, State would have their tails up. BSHS were amazing on defence with Tuaine the hardest man on the field for me. Apart from Ben at 8 for BBC breaking the line several times, Tuaine simply was amazing and outplayed his opposite. Maybe light around 80+ kilo's (Tuaine) but by far the most effective forward.
The little Martin Koorts was also amazing around the field again and tiny and much lighter but faster then the BBC pack. (Maybe the BBC 2nds flanker could have been a better option to compensate for a slower BBC pack). The 6 & 7 were lackluster compared to BSHS back rowers but BBC Ben at 8 was the best runner but not the best performer. The 5 for BBC was way fitter then anyone in the BBC pack, he was really impressive, just a shame there was no one as fit as him to back him up. He ran all day, cleaned up ball which is all the hard stuff that most back rowers might do. This kid is amazing and not trying to make him look like the star but when no one for BBC was in position to take it up the guts he was fit enough to get in position to do it himself.
BBC Centre Sam was by far the best back and without him the back line would crumble. His commitment to the tackle worked well with how he read the game. He will go places!! Problem is, he is the spine of the back line, break the spine BBC have nothing left.
If BBC had a kicker, they could have escaped embarrassment. All I heard the BBC students saying near the canteen was "their is no team, the only person on that field that has been their since year 8 is Sam, the rest are in the seconds", They need a leader that they respect and that needs to filter from the top, down to the 1stXV.

So what you're saying is unless a boy has been at a school since grade 8, they don't deserve to be in the First XV?? Regardless of how much work they've put in, including pre-season? At least 4 of those First XV boys have been consistently attending gym and fitness sessions every week since December. And that includes holidays. Being boarders, that means they've had to travel to the school twice a week during holidays for almost a year. And they did it the previous year as well. So effectively they've been committed to the program since 2012. The only time off they've had is when the gym has been closed. You're telling me that isn't commitment to the college? Please. People on here are so quick to rubbish the BBC boys on scholarship, but they clearly don't know a damn thing about the individuals and their families. It is not the players fault they are not a cohesive team. The blame lays fair and squarely at the feet of the coaches.
Yes, there are a number of boys who feel that attending gym and fitness doesn't apply to them, yet consistently are in the team. If you're serious about the team playing for each other, then teach those
boys a lesson by dropping them. There are plenty of boys ready to fill their spots. That's how you teach them to respect the jersey.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Wrong. 3 new recruits. tau tau , the boy from Bundaberg and Small who has only been there 2 months.
They are all stars.
I see you're using Digby's quote, but it's two. Digby's information is incorrect the boy from 'Bundy' was in the Bs last year.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
You didn't just toss up the bjru as a measure of talent did you .?? Are you kidding who actually cares about that sub standard pathway . I'm even saying that and my son was part of it. And no he isn't at NC . Lol

I think that was me, and no I didn't put it up a measure of anything, just stated I thought Nudgee would have more representation in the U14 'rep' teams.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)

BBC let BSHS off the hook by trying too many offload's and ball security in the wet weather cost them. BSHS were aggressive resorting to purely one off running and keeping the ball down the BBC half at all cost then forcing BBC to make the errors in their own red zone. Cant say too many positive things about the BSHS coaches barking orders like it was life or death.So negative!!

Smoking Joe- your match report that you wrote for the 16's was actually the 15 A team!This teams coach I believe should be the next 1st coach at BBC.
The 16A's for BBC won with I hear the most consistent kicker in BBC at the moment and yes he has a league background kicking every conversion and penalties.
And your 15A report was the 14A's!
The 13A's at BBC again had another strong game.

rugby fail

Bob McCowan (2)
stand outs in GT fowards and backs?

Forwards - Ipy's forwards were nearly twice the size of GTs forwards. The only forward that stood his ground was leofa with a strong defensive game . The conditions suited a forwards game but GT were just to small.

Backs - looked pretty good considering the conditions. #11 was their best IMO and losing wella early didn't help their cause. The 12 and 13 channel was exposed once again (great attacking line but defensively lacking that dominance).

Status
Not open for further replies.