• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natal shark

Peter Burge (5)
Good win to Churchie in the rain and well deserved.
Notes to NC coach you've got to win your line outs especially in the wet, the back pod of Churchie was over everything.
Two brain snaps in the space of a minute and down to 13 for the best part of 10 mins WTF NC?
Good win to Churchie in the rain and well deserved.
Notes to NC coach you've got to win your line outs especially in the wet, the back pod of Churchie was over everything.
Two brain snaps in the space of a minute and down to 13 for the best part of 10 mins WTF NC?
So Churchies won 13 against 15 must be so prius

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
BBC is not a surprise. Their coaches still ride on success of winning a premiership with Pocock and Cooper (plus another bunch of very talented players). Barker got sacked at ACGS before he went to BBC (remember he didn't coach for a year or two) and Stevenson lead not only GTs worst year ever (2011) but arguably their most disappointing in 2009. BBC has also become the home of 2011 GT Assistant coach White, who was sacked by Lauries despite quite a bit of success.

They are in the same boat as GT currently. You can buy all the players you want but if they are going into substandard structures, it is irrelevant. GT has coaches dining out on a 2004 premiership, despite batting about 20-30% wins since and no top 4 finishes (for this staff).

There seems to be an effort for keeping up appearances in these programs, things like "high performance reviews" and such, but they never address the core failing problems. Both schools were probably more competitive before they were bringing in kids on rugby merit.

Sir - you are absolutely correct .

Natal shark

Peter Burge (5)
1. Richie Asiata
2. Josh Webb
3. Joel Kulchel
4. James Gall
5. Angus Scott-young
6. Jeremy Gimpel
7. Liam Wright
8. Harley Fox
9. Harry Nucifora
10. Mack Mason
11. Ben Ogilvie
12. Jadyn Su'a
13. Izaiah Perese
14. Brodie Croft
15. Kalyn Ponga
So glad churchie got favouritism

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
It'll be interesting to see what happens at Churchie next year. Director of rugby moving on after this season and Gilmore is off to the Reds

Was David Nucifora the director of rugby? Where is he off to?

And Gilmore to the Reds is news to me .. in what capacity is he getting involved?

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Nah mate it's poor discipline that costs NC the match mate
P

This was the turning point in this match.
First yellow card for tackling fullback while in the air (justified).
Second yellow was questionable lifting tackle.

We aren't playing touch , this is First XV rugby.
Harden up ACGS.
In my opinion, the ref ruined a good game today.
No team can defend their line with 2 players in the bin.

Churchie haven't won the premiership just yet.
They have to beat TSS - 30 August at Winchester Street.

Next week, if NC beat TSS, and then TSS beat ACGS Round 6, then possible 3 way shared premiership.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Harden up ACGS.

Next week, if NC beat TSS, and then TSS beat ACGS Round 6, then possible 3 way shared premiership.

Taipan sounds as if you were at the game. I'm a fan of your photography, don't suppose you took a few snaps of the game? I'm writing the match report and some high quality photos would be handy, if you don't mind.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

Harden up ACGS.

ACGS the better team today - ref had no impact - NC poor ball handling and lack of creativeness with ball costly along with discipline - 11 was looking for trouble from the kickoff

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Taipan sounds as if you were at the game. I'm a fan of your photography, don't suppose you took a few snaps of the game? I'm writing the match report and some high quality photos would be handy, if you don't mind.

Sorry m8.
Didn't take any photo's. Wanted to enjoy the game.
The ref ruined it for me.

rugbyhead01

Stan Wickham (3)
Ref had no impact on ACGS and Nudgee game. They were two down for all of 6 minutes as nudgee were good and slowing time down... Game was niggly and red needed to keep control, that is why 2nd man was sent. Nudgee had nothing in attack. Forwards worked, but where were their backs?. Churchie won and won it with composure. Threatened the line about 6 to 0 in my opinion.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
GT vs IGS was one way traffic for IGS. they dominated all play through their monster forwards and centres. GT got points through lapses off play by IGS in my opinion. Ippy played a very good game.

A little harsh in my opinion, I though GT looked much slicker the backs a couple of their tries were fantastic to watch. Wet track certainly aided IGS as GT needed to keep the ball in hand and that was obviously very difficult on the day.

But you are correct they were steamrolled, the boys put their bodies on the line but where ineffectual in bringing the big boys down, technique was a little lacking. IGS 3 was outstanding along with 5 8 and 2.

Never thought I would see a side with 2 centers bigger than the GT 13.

GT is really missing Roycroft a sad situation all round.

Jack4215

Frank Row (1)

Harden up ACGS.

No team can defend their line with 2 players in the bin

Who was nudgee's fly half and half back against churchie on the wknd?

Tiptop

Frank Row (1)
BBC is not a surprise. Their coaches still ride on success of winning a premiership with Pocock and Cooper (plus another bunch of very talented players). Barker got sacked at ACGS before he went to BBC (remember he didn't coach for a year or two) and Stevenson lead not only GTs worst year ever (2011) but arguably their most disappointing in 2009. BBC has also become the home of 2011 GT Assistant coach White, who was sacked by Lauries despite quite a bit of success.

They are in the same boat as GT currently. You can buy all the players you want but if they are going into substandard structures, it is irrelevant. GT has coaches dining out on a 2004 premiership, despite batting about 20-30% wins since and no top 4 finishes (for this staff).

There seems to be an effort for keeping up appearances in these programs, things like "high performance reviews" and such, but they never address the core failing problems. Both schools were probably more competitive before they were bringing in kids on rugby merit.
Thinker, you are right on the money here re BBC. Actually feel very sorry for the boys who have more talent than they are displaying. Looks more to me like a case of an inability of the coaches to get the boys united and playing to their potential. Seems this has been the case for the last three years. We keep hearing all the excuses as to why BBC are not winning, maybe it's time to look a bit deeper at the real issues? Also seems crazy that you would have a coach of Steve Phillpotts standard (current Australian Schoolboys coach) and not use him at 1XV level.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
As I said in my post earlier this year... I think there will be a nrl style merry a go round with coaches at the end of the season ....BBC, ippy, Churchie, BSHS, all might be involved...

Status
Not open for further replies.