• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Stapleton definitely. I'm sure there have been others. I have a feeling there was a BSHS/ACGS crossover in recent years.

Quirk played at Iona and BSHS, but I thought there was a Churchie one.

Know a few who have played and graduated at non-gps schools then turned out for NC.

Ben Tarr for BBC & TSS. '10 & '11/'12 from memory.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
After only three rounds out of 1st’s, 2nd’s and all teenage A teams, there are only 16 teams left undefeated. Nine of these have had the luxury of the bye round to help them remain undefeated. The undefeated teams are as follows:-

BBC won 13A. 24 -17 . What a match . Their slick Backline v a monster forward pack. BBC 14 A won 24 -12 .
1sts:- TSS, ACGS, NC

2nds:- TSS, NC

16A’s:- TSS, NC

15A’s:- GT

14A’s:- GT, BSHS, IGS, NC

13A’s:- GT, BBC, BSHS, IGS

Some great match ups then this Saturday which will narrow down the undefeated teams left.

Firsts - ACGS V NC - in my opinion, this will be the premiership decider. And my tip is NC with just a touch more class in the forwards (if Mafi is playing - all bets off if he is not as I would then say maybe too close to call).

14A's - GT v IGS - I understand that GT touched up a very injury depleted IGS team by around 50 points in a trial. I think this game is going to be much closer in a battle of the forwards.

13A's BBC v BSHS - both teams have been slaying all comers around them in the GPS rounds and this game will also probably decide the best team in this division. Sounds like BBC have the goods, but wet weather football may change the dynamics that have given them the edge.

13A's GT v IGS - a small well drilled team against a big strong team in the wet.

Next week's matchups in the older grades between NC and TSS will be a cracker!!!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
So much for apocalyptic rain..

Wind firmly behind BGS for second half, game looking positive (for BGS)

Also hear NC has copped 2 yellow cards in the half.

tommymc15

Bob McCowan (2)
Churchie an unbelievable team with an incredible back line led by Mack Mason and the forwards were absolutely clinical at the breakdown and physically beat the nudgee pack. Nudgee were ok today but were quite sloppy in attack and kick way too much and churchie were able to gain a lot of ground through some pretty nice counter attack. Churchie now need to look to TSS, a voodoo team who haven't the boys from the coast in quite a long time and this year is the chance for churchie to win its first premiership in 9 years

Status
Not open for further replies.