• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Perfect record going into this week. But feeling it may not be the case by Saturday afternoon at 4pm.

ACGS V NC
The Churchie First XV bank rollers will be sweating like a gypsy with a mortgage before this one (thanks Honeybadger).
It's all on the line and if NC are ahead at the final whistle, being in that Churchie dressing room afterwards will be about as much fun as a night on the piss with Todd Carney. The thought of that will be enough to get Churchie home.
ACGS by 5

BSHS V BBC
BBC supporters will be flat out typing "Fursden Rd" into their shiny, new Lexus GPS screens. Most of them haven't been over the creek that way since the M1 was built. But although they'll be a little late for the warm up, they should get home in this one. Let's hope the broken beer bottles are cleared off the half way line and the pot holes filled in before kick off.
BBC by 10

GT V IGS
We're back at Terrace Stadium for this one and I've heard some of the GT dads are having a CEO sleepout in their personalized seats on Friday night, just so they are ready. Terrace will have spent the week convincing themselves that a 15 point win over Downlands is a good result (it is isn't it?) and IGS will have spent the week trying to remember the game they played last week. If they do then they'll realise they nearly rolled TSS and that gives them a real edge going into this, given TSS thumped GT by 30 odd. GT to enjoy their first loss at the Thunderdome.
IGS by 1

BGS V TGS
If this was in the rain, up on the range, in the red dirt then BGS may be half a chance. With a coaching staff better than most Super 15 sides, they would have worked out a smart, wet weather plan. But given its at Northgate, the pitch will be drier than a 9 year olds birthday party.
TGS by 14

Nightmare

Allen Oxlade (6)
I truly look forward to your spiel each week....Not too sure what you do for a living but at a guess I reckon your wasted and could be doing so much more....I think the Churchie boys will be BUBBLING away come Saturday night !!!!!!!!

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Home ground advantage should be enough to get Churchie home RD. Whilst I thought the NC forwards were good, some of the option taking from the NC 10 and 12 cost them tries at the back end of the first half against BBC.

Digby, you saw the BBC 13As last week - "Best U13 backline you have ever seen" was the quote. Can you see State High rolling them?

Have heard that NC 14A team is very good, so I'll agree with you there.
Were you actually at the game on Saturday ... The NC was very solid and if you know anything about coaching players at this level or even playing first xv level players make mistakes but it's how they handle them and in a 10's case and to a lessor extent 12.....How they direct the team around... You even thought that they make take on the 10-12 channel to generate opportunities later on ... Don't like a decisions in isolation ... The score was

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Beau Robinson attend Stannies in Bathurst, played Australian Schoolboys in 2004 with the Faingaas before trying out with the Bulldogs for two years.

Ben Daley "developed outside Queensland". Que? When (and where to) did All Saints Anglican College move?

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
. Churchie have had unpressured try fests against two schools with nowhere near their $1M hired gun budget and then had TGS turn them into a rabble by bringing the contest to them. How scary that TSS will be there to a man and filming the whole thing in preparation for hosting ACGS in two weeks time in a match that will be bigger than Christopher Skase's oxygen bill.

. The only thing surer than Rolf Harris' farts have no sound anymore will be the likelihood that BSHS kids will go home with Mercedes hood ornaments snapped off BBC cars. BBC by 7

very funny. You got to be studying journalism.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Were you actually at the game on Saturday . The NC was very solid and if you know anything about coaching players at this level or even playing first xv level players make mistakes but it's how they handle them and in a 10's case and to a lessor extent 12...How they direct the team around. You even thought that they make take on the 10-12 channel to generate opportunities later on . Don't like a decisions in isolation . The score was

I've watched movies on SBS without subtitles and understood more than your post, but I will reply.
I was there till just after halftime and for mine the halftime score should have been 24-0 not 12-0 to NC. Three times in the back end of the first half, through going the wrong way or throwing a wayward pass, NC butchered tries with BBC well and truly on the back foot.
If they do that against Churchie they will lose and that was my point.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Beau Robinson attend Stannies in Bathurst, played Australian Schoolboys in 2004 with the Faingaas before trying out with the Bulldogs for two years.

Ben Daley "developed outside Queensland". Que? When (and where to) did All Saints Anglican College move?

Bathurst, NSW? http://www.saints.nsw.edu.au

His dad played NSW League, and I thought I'd heard somewhere that he grew up south of the tweed. Happy to be corrected though

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
I've watched movies on SBS without subtitles and understood more than your post, but I will reply.
I was there till just after halftime and for mine the halftime score should have been 24-0 not 12-0 to NC. Three times in the back end of the first half, through going the wrong way or throwing a wayward pass, NC butchered tries with BBC well and truly on the back foot.
If they do that against Churchie they will lose and that was my point.
So your one of those tall poppy NC parents that think their son is a footballer ... You know everything about coaching and playing but you never achieved it...
Why be negative on individual players... Do you know the pattern... Did the second receiver run the right line to the support player ring the right line. ... Was the 10 to flat ... Did you understand that... Maybe you can give us an insight into how To beat NC ???

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
Home ground advantage should be enough to get Churchie home RD. Whilst I thought the NC forwards were good, some of the option taking from the NC 10 and 12 cost them tries at the back end of the first half against BBC.

Digby, you saw the BBC 13As last week - "Best U13 backline you have ever seen" was the quote. Can you see State High rolling them?

State high 13A's have made some changes for this game- even after winning 61 - 0 last week. There isn't a lot of difference between the A team and the B's at the moment. Should be a great game and i will certainly be going to watch after hearing good things about the BBC A's.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)

In the trial match BBC 13a back line scored 3 tries in the blink of an eye . Then BSHS forwards took over and scored 4 tries in 2nd half . If it's wet BSHS might get up . But I tell you 12&13 for BBC and 8 for BSHS will be rep players.
13 for BBC might be josh Bowens brother as I know he is in the team.

I said at the start of the season that no team would get within 30 points of Nudgee 14a. BBC just managed that- but I cannot see any other team doing it.Unbelievable team: talent, speed and size. Phase play , centre splits- you name it. Best junior team I have ever seen and the 3 new boys this year might just be the 3 best in the team.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
TGS defensive structure and constant kick for territory game plan will be the order of the day against BGS who may simply hate the conditions and just want the day to be over and done with. TGS by 7-15

GT on paper should win this match after their 35 to 18 win against Downlands last weekend. Same same again. GT will be looking for a strong kicking game from Horan to get them downtown on a wet pitch and look for errors or turnover ball from Moroney. If IGS pressure Horan and stifle this kicking game then I think it turns into a massive forward battle and thats where IGS have the cattle. Lots of nervous people from GT but I think GT should get over the line. To predict a score will be difficult as depends on what Horan provides on the day and what IGS allow him to do. GT by 1-12

I must have missed something as the BBC v NC game was brutal. I had the privilege of meeting players from both teams and it was no easy game by any standards. Earlier posts suggest issues with the BBC 10 spot which is destabilising direction in both attack and defence and I have to agree. Delivery of pass to the 12 is late and when the 10 crabs across, the 12 running line was initially aimed at 1 maybe 2 people, to which by runs end is around 4. Set piece, field position and discipline will be the order of a very cold and wet day. I hear BSHS have some key players out. I hear that BBC have all key players available. Comes down to the first 10 minutes of the game. If BBC start slow again, the massive heart shown from BSHS and home ground support will prevail. If BBC turn up, not just in the forwards but as a 15 and dominate time and space around the set piece FROM THE WORD GO, then I think BBC will win. Once again score range hard to predict will go BBC by 5-15

What an absolute belter this game will be and I read that maybe the TSS lads will be sitting in the crowd watching their intending prey. For me it's a Nudgee win. Utterly impressed with that Mosely (NC 10), his monster kicking game and his leadership of his 12 - 13 particularly in defence. The forwards will belt each other ( thats if NC are fully recovered after last week ie shoulder injury to Mafi) so it will come down to direction on the field. Once again I may have missed something but the player of the match for the NC-BBC match was clearly the NC 9 in Pilz. He was everywhere. His ability to read an oppositions game plan is incredible and he just seems to be there if a chip kick is on or a player gets through the line. His communication and ability to direct ALL his players is fantastic and the best that I have seen. Churchie will have their home crowd going off. Be interesting though if it's pouring how many end up staying on to watch if NC get in front early. Absolute belter of a match. NC to win by 12

Great forum. Trust everyone enjoys their weekend

Got to agree with you. The boot on Nudgee 10 is massive.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
RAIN & STORMS POSSIBLE HEAVY FALLS SE QLD & NE NSW SATURDAY / SUNDAY!
*Lock it in... *SHARE to Family and Friends its going to be VERY wet this weekend WOOHOO*
*Rain and storms will spread East from inland areas late Friday and enter SE QLD over night and during Saturday with widespread falls to 50mm and isolated falls up to 100mm likely! Rain contracting to far SE QLD late on Sunday. Its August its not supposed to rain.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
*Lock it in. *SHARE to Family and Friends its going to be VERY wet this weekend WOOHOO*
*Rain and storms will spread East from inland areas late Friday and enter SE QLD over night and during Saturday with widespread falls to 50mm and isolated falls up to 100mm likely! Rain contracting to far SE QLD late on Sunday. Its August its not supposed to rain.
Time for the 21mm studs and some muscle up front....let's see how those fast stepping backs go with their moldeds. This could turn a few predictions on their head for sure.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
I said at the start of the season that no team would get within 30 points of Nudgee 14a. BBC just managed that- but I cannot see any other team doing it.Unbelievable team: talent, speed and size. Phase play , centre splits- you name it. Best junior team I have ever seen and the 3 new boys this year might just be the 3 best in the team.

TSS beat BBC, TSS and GT drew, and IGS beat TSS.

Round to round comparisons are flawed but if BBC can get within 30 points of NC, then I can see a few teams doing better.

T

The Chef

*Lock it in. *SHARE to Family and Friends its going to be VERY wet this weekend WOOHOO*

There is similar discussion on the Sydney GPS thread from some melon claiming a close connection to the BOM. Not convinced this is correct, but I guess where there is smoke there is fire. If these conditions affect the entire Eastern Seaboard, we could be in for some wet rugby. Hmmm ... food for thought.

I guess "the proof will be in the pudding."

Status
Not open for further replies.