• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

therugbylyfe

Frank Row (1)
Who is the likely
BSHS 1st XV prediction??
Forwards Backs
1. Pouvalu L 9. Tim Sippel
2. ?? 10. Matthew Smith
3. Enoka Kalapu 11. ??
4. Puke Tawa 12. Jim Henjak
5. Zac Shepard 13. Jimmy Patrick
6. Tuaina Taulime 14. Tyrone Southorn
7. Matt Sautia 15. Liam Mcnamara
8. Jerome Veve (League import)

Who would be the most likely 11?

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
I've heard from a family friend of the Tuakipulu's that BBC, out of the kindness of their hearts, have extended Bronson's bursary...My source tells me the school is actively discouraging him from participating. So, at this point in time, it seems Bronson is unlikely to play his third year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is correct, although more the likely he will return in the green white and black at 2 in 2014.

More likely to see Tuakipulu at 1 or 2, with conditions on grade levels.

So, BBC has 7 out of 8 of 2013's first choice forwards returning for 2014! Plus most of their reserve bench.

One of the top packs in 2013 . back bigger, better and stronger.

1- Kahn (2nd Xv 2013), or Lazarus (16 a 2013), or a mystery QLD prop? (.watch this space)
2 Bronson Tauakipulu - 1st XV 2012, 2013
3 Luke Peterson -1st XV 2012, 2013
4 Darcy Swain - 1st XV 2013
5 Dylan Leyland - 1st XV 2013
6 Kareem Tuuga - 1st XV 2013
7 Christian Malalau - 1st XV 2013
8 Ben Gunther - 1st XV 2013

That mystery prop is Connor Christianson of Rockhampton grammar school, played Qld white u/16s this year, will challenge Kahn and Lazarus for the spot

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I can't see anyone going through this year undefeated, at this stage there doesn't appear to be a truly standout team as such. Nevertheless, nudgee a sure bet to be up there like morelando bloom a sure bet to be found at Fridays on a Saturday night, bbc will be stronger again this year...

If grammar doesn't have an injury plagued season they can go alright. I see problems for ippy as they only had one team in the u16's age group?? Gt put in a phenomenal display of team work last year and I expect that to continue. Is Alex horan in grade 12 this year or did he finish last year? Should be another great season

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Nick Ebzery is probably a lock for no. 8, although he has been injured all year he trained with the firsts this year and is quite an athlete. And dosent this years junior rugby player of the year play second row (cant remember his name)?

Harrison Bartkowski is the name. Good player, has the #5 to himself....and yes Nick Ebzery for 6/8

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
If grammar doesn't have an injury plagued season they can go alright.

Gt put in a phenomenal display of team work last year and I expect that to continue. Is Alex horan in grade 12 this year or did he finish last year? Should be another great season

Horan is in grade 12 this year, and seems to be one of the star player of this age group. He's being hyped up as one of the best 10s in Queensland, let alone the GPS.

Not sure if anyone has been following Lee Grant's articles on he front page regarding the new junior competition replacing NGS, but the GPS representation seems a little thinner than I might have imagined. Il go through the lists and have a closer look, but it looks like this year might be one of the weaker years of competition for 9 or so years.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
And I can't see anything good out of grammar. Besides a few promising athletes, no-one blows me away pushing for rep duties.

Unless some cash is splashed I see can see significant weakness in the front row, much like last year until Lakehm Aiono was slotted in to loosehead.

I think one bright spot for this team will be Campbell Halliday, younger brother of Fergus. Like all young halfbacks at BGS, he has worked extensively with former Fijian halfback Mosese Raulini, and developed a very efficient pass. No slouch over 100 metres, I think he can be a spark this team really needs whilst only being in grade 11 in 2014.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
So Bronson is repeating.That means BBC will have 11 back from last year including a fully fit Taian Wilkins plus:
1)an undefeated 15A team with 2 in the Australia under 15 rugby league team(Smith & Ikatu);
2) an Australian Schoolboys A reserve Phillpotts has brought in as flyhalf;and
3) 2 of Gunthers league mates from Gunnedah.BTW Gunther going into grade 11 has lready broken all the gym records set by Lolo/Junior(Aussie Schoolboy).

PS- Josh Bowen training house down at Broncos under 20.
Is the rumour true?that Broncos -BBC have a loose alliance for league boys from Northern NSW?3 will be in 1sts xv this seson.

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)

interesting video put up by the reds with the U18 reds training with the main squad. I saw a few boys wearing some kit from the GPS schools, anyone know who attended from each school or the team list of the U18 reds team. i did recognise mafi from nudgee.

this can only be good for the development of the GPS competition the boys are getting some quality training and coaching can't wait for the 2014 season!!

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
GPS Predictions 2014.
1st . ACGS
2nd . GT
3rd . BBC
4th . NC
5th . TSS
6th . BGS
7th . TGS
8th . IGS
9th . BSHS
wow GT are in for a big wake up call Nikau is a beacon of shining light in a very average side. Horan for all the criticism he has been getting is a half decent player but was definitely not good enough at the start of last season for terrace to not look for any playmakers. This forward pack is going to be the worst in GPS so while there is a decent backline in place they are going to miss the mixture of size and work rate that wilson, kasch and laxon brought as there is no one in this team who can consistently move rucks besides kyle leofa (poor kid should of stayed at state high). There is a reason why jacob stanley didnt play firsts and if it was just a matter of fitness he would of been playing 16 A's remember that. I expect coach Gibb will quickly realise there is no chance of top 3 with a forward pack like that and fill the 50/50 spots with grade 11's but then again being a teacher at the school he does tend to have his favourites, ted porter school vice captain would have to be among his favourites but he does have potential if he starts putting people on the arses but i saw no improvement in his defense last year. Gianluca is another one of his favoured kids but rightfully so that kid is built for a grade 11. Also note to people thinking that 15 wont start gibb likes his imports he will stop looking for kids in that position if the kid so much as shows up at school.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
[Little Bro tells me:
1) Bronson did not go to school yesterday and is not coming back';
2) BBC have 10 1st choice players back plus Lucas Palmer (who played 4 matches in 1sts);
3) 15 A players in line for 1sts squad are Ikatu,Syd Smith and Veravis;
4) new boys are:
-Lachlan Folds (big tough centre);
-Chritianson(Prop from Rockhampton who played with Gunther inQLD side);
-Farrell(Prop/hooker from sunshine Coast Grammar);
-Curtis F;
-Ngamu -(flyhalf from WA that Phillpotts nearly selected in Aussie A team;
-another boy from WA who came with Ngamu

Holy shit -finally some deep depth.

I am predicting no 16A player from 2013 will make 1sts AND some players from 2013 1sts will not be in run on side.

Will that be enough to beat Churchie--maybe not but 2015 is the year they are talking about with 4 playersin 3rd year of 1sts.

BTW Nudgee Captain & hooker ,just back from tour with Aussie schoolboys(and 3 tests) is repeating for 3rd year in firsts.Danger.

Natal shark

Peter Burge (5)
What about Reece Hewat of NC he's playing 8 and had a successful campaign for QLD u16's as captain good effort I would say for first year in qld gps ?

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
[Little Bro tells me:
1) Bronson did not go to school yesterday and is not coming back';
2) BBC have 10 1st choice players back plus Lucas Palmer (who played 4 matches in 1sts);
3) 15 A players in line for 1sts squad are Ikatu,Syd Smith and Veravis;
4) new boys are:
-Lachlan Folds (big tough centre);
-Chritianson(Prop from Rockhampton who played with Gunther inQLD side);
-Farrell(Prop/hooker from sunshine Coast Grammar);
-Curtis F;
-Ngamu -(flyhalf from WA that Phillpotts nearly selected in Aussie A team;
-another boy from WA who came with Ngamu

Holy shit -finally some deep depth.

I am predicting no 16A player from 2013 will make 1sts AND some players from 2013 1sts will not be in run on side.

Will that be enough to beat Churchie--maybe not but 2015 is the year they are talking about with 4 playersin 3rd year of 1sts.

BTW Nudgee Captain & hooker ,just back from tour with Aussie schoolboys(and 3 tests) is repeating for 3rd year in firsts.Danger.

Nudgee Captain is Alex Mafi & yes it will be 3rd year in Nudgee 1st xv and he will be one of the best forwards in the comp.
Anyone that thinks NC will not figure in premiership is kidding themselves.Churchie have recruited(with full fee paying students! like Asitosa)
very very well and Isia Perese will be best player in comp as he was in Nat under 16 titles.

Predictions:
1st Churchie
2nd NC & BBC tied.

Looks like at last after a decade BBC may have a real flyhalf in Ngamu (?) (kid from WA who jussed missed Aussie A team)who can control a match .
The BBC 16A centres from last year were red hot but they will probably be in 2ndxv.BBC have more "centres" than Westfield Shopping

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Nudgee Captain is Alex Mafi & yes it will be 3rd year in Nudgee 1st xv and he will be one of the best forwards in the comp.
Anyone that thinks NC will not figure in premiership is kidding themselves.Churchie have recruited(with full fee paying students! like Asitosa)
very very well and Isia Perese will be best player in comp as he was in Nat under 16 titles.

Predictions:
1st Churchie
2nd NC & BBC tied.

Looks like at last after a decade BBC may have a real flyhalf in Ngamu (?) (kid from WA who jussed missed Aussie A team)who can control a match .
The BBC 16A centres from last year were red hot but they will probably be in 2ndxv.BBC have more "centres" than Westfield Shopping
Not just BBC's centres, their whole forward pack will have quality reserves on the bench. It will be interesting to see how the front row pans out with the new recruits and, if the rumour is true, Bronson out: Peterson at 3 back for his third year in the 1st XV should be able to secure the scrum.
The backrow will be devastating and Dempsy at 1/2 will be worth the price of admission.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Cannot wait for this BBC team to be built up as unbeatable only for them to get destroyed by Nudgee in the third round.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Southport's Alstonville's own (NSW) Joey Fittock #13 would definitely have to be a contender, had a blinder in 2013.

Fixed. :)

Joey is a quality footballer and his "defection" north is a big loss to NSW Schools rugby.

Hopefully he heads southwards for his Colts footy in 2015.

Speaking of Alstonville and quality footballers, is Frankie Calugay back at NC for 2014?

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Cannot wait for this BBC team to be built up as unbeatable only for them to get destroyed by Nudgee in the third round.

You are reading posts that are not there.

No one has said BBC is unbeatable-all the posts on this thread expect Churchie to beat them this year.

the posts do say that this SHOULD be the best BBC team with the most depth in decades(since Horwill & Genia).
BTW the Churchie and Nudgee matches are both at BBC and the NC match will probably be Old Boys Days-so Red Black if you are going along park your little 4 cylinder Datsun there on Friday or you will be late.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Word is from BBC, bronson will not be coming back, have imported a lot more younger rugby players to come through the ranks. Would look for a top 3 finish if their coach can field the best team.

Nudgee have mafi in his third year, with gavin luka to play his 2nd year and come back in 2015 for his 3rd, calvin pritchard also doing the same as big gav. Jackson at 7 and some young boys from last years 15's and 16's will provide depth for the backs and fowards. Reece Hewat, star foward will come back in 2015 with the others as well

IGS have imported a few boys into their respective age groups, with some new comers looking very likely to get a 1st jersey this year.

Churchie, a lot of potential, with asitia, scott-young, fox, nuciforia, mason, and perese (the big names) all coming back, with some other boys joining them too, theyll be in with a shot for sure. Top 3 finish.

GT last year amazed some teams with pure discipline and hardwork, their structures might change with a lot of young boys coming into the team this year, wouldnt rate them very high, but still a very strong team which churchie, nudgee, and BBC will have a good fight with. Players to look out for, moroney, pest on the ball, horon, has a good boot, Leofa, big hitter and runner of the ball, Nikau, GT's backline of 2013, ruben wall an u/15 standout, and connor macnamarah, a great ball runner with a lot of pace.

TSS look quite strong, but compared to last years team, will be a few steps down, a lot of players will come through from the u/16s, word is they havent imported many players yet. Will have a few backs and fowards coming back but not a very strong team this year. Would give them a top 5 finish.

Predictions for 2014:
1. NC
2. BBC
3. ACGS
4. GT
5. TSS
6. IGS
7. TGS
8. BSHS
9. BGS

Status
Not open for further replies.