• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
S
The selections for Top 4 come from @RuggasXV, @Spikhaza, and myself, but the final selections rest with the voters.

For 2013 there were 1700 votes for TOTY, and the results were as followed:

1. Evander Guttenbeil TSS (41.94%)
2. Alex Mafi NC (50.41%)
3. Sam Clifton TSS (36.27%)
4. Tom Perkins TSS (27.01%)
5. Jake Upfield TSS (41.51%)
6. PJ Van Den Burg TSS (32.37%)
7. Digger McMillan ACGS (36.97%)
8. Maclean Jones NC (37.55%)
9. Isaac Fines TSS (39.35%)
10. Mitch Third TSS (42.65%)
11. Fred Dorrough TSS (39.35%)
12. Conrad Quick BBC (31.82%)
13. Campbell Magnay NC (40.16%)
14. Isaac Nathan TSS (40.23%)
15. Josh Bowen BBC (32.17%)

16. Jake Lyon TSS (18.91%)
17. Gavin Luka NC (23.06%)
18. Matt Gibbon NC (31.24%)
19. Angus Scott-Young ACGS / Reece Hewat NC (Both on 24.79%)
20. Jayden Rodwell NC (28.06%)
21. Angus Fowler GT (27.10%)
22. Nigel Tanuvasa ACGS (30.09%)
23. George Partridge GT (33.28%)

Most Valuable Injured Player
24. Patrick Morrey BGS (31.52%)

TSS voters have been busy!

Bobby Tuttle must've had an average year? Nope!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
For those interested in seeing the comparison of NSW and QLD GPS, here is a a magnificently put together video of the winning NSW GPS team in 2014, Scots College:

They had an unbeaten year in the GPS competition after they beat TSS 41-0 in a warm-up game, and though some questioned the provenance of their team (a discussion which belongs in the scholarships thread) their rugby was good to watch.

They were co-champions with Newington in 2013 and this year they beat them 101-0.

Incidentally the centre (sometimes 12 and sometimes 13) who featured in the first half of the video, Angus Crichton, is in the Australian Schools team to tour NZ—as a no. 8.

That's his normal position but because of an injury to somebody else he started in the midfield at the beginning of the season and stayed there.

Incidentally, Scots kicked no penalty goals in the season—they didn't try any !!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
S

TSS voters have been busy!

Bobby Tuttle must've had an average year? Nope!

Like I said, schools with big boarding houses (NC and TSS) get disproportionate representation, though in the case of TSS they genuinely deserved the majority of their selections.

I would have picked Tuttle to start if I had my choice, but that's the drawback of the vote..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Is Churchie still live streaming their games?
Keen to have a watch of this team. Does anyone know where the link is?

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Team list TSS v TGS

ScreenHunter_018.jpg

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
To anybody trying to find a park at Churchie, if the seccies tell you "sorry, car park is full mate" ask to have a look yourself. I trusted the bloke, parked a good 5 minute walk away, then o. The way through found 6 empty car parks. Meanwhile the security still is telling people it full.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
It has begun for ACGS. Kalyn Ponga linebreak (clean stepping multiple defenders) and amazing, incredible, fantastic, spectacular round the corner offload to Perese. 7 nil after 3 and a half

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
It has begun for ACGS. Kalyn Ponga linebreak (clean stepping multiple defenders) and amazing, incredible, fantastic, spectacular round the corner offload to Perese. 7 nil after 3 and a half

It's going to be a long afternoon for BGS community

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
11 minutes in, Churchie have their second.

Mack Mason accelerates into a halfgap, offloads to (Brodie Croft?), who pushes a pass inside to Harley Fox.

The pass is inaccurate, and should fly behind Fox and go to ground BUT WAIT a miracle catch behind the back, Fox regathers, powers over the try line for Churchie's second. Nucifora converts. 14-0

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Churchie have their third 15:34 in. Izaia Perese crosses in the corner, dots down between the posts. 21-0

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Churchie have their 4th after 23 minutes, Ponga linebreak sets up Brodie Croft out wide. Nucifora (4/4)

Will Churchie crack a hundred?

Status
Not open for further replies.